PDA

View Full Version : Calling ALL THE DRIFTING COMMUNITY, PLEASE READ!!!

d1ro
18-06-11, 11:18
:mad:

Hi guy's and gal's,
anyone that will know me will know this is not usually my thing to do, But i've had enough, i'm sick to the back teeth of it. please look at the two video's im going to post and can some one explain to me HOW the hell they scored in MY OPONION the worse of the the two video's better than the other video. I mean formula D is supposed to be the pinical of Drifting and when they make mistakes like this literally one after the other driver I just dont understand how it is possible. MONEY DONT GROW ON TREE'S but with scores like this it's driving people out of the sport. I really want to hear from Judges and drivers, spectators, mechanics, and spectators, everyone please give me there honest oponion on which was a better RUN. any feed back good or bad is greatly appericated and taken on board.

http://www.justin.tv/driftstream/b/288270960

and run number too

http://www.justin.tv/driftstream/b/288271197

please give your honest oponion and be blunt and straight to the point i will be sending links of the pages to people who might be able to do something about this to prevent it happening again. mucho appericated people.
regards
Ro. :afro:

tomsheen
18-06-11, 11:48
looks like a load of bollox to me anyway lad. Kearney's run was judged pretty fair
i reckon but kado half spun and straightened makes absolutely no sense how he
scored higher its a joke, pure favouritism!

not sure if thats the kind of feed back ya want but tis my opinion anyways.

d1ro
18-06-11, 11:51
@ tomsheen, thats all i want is people's oponion, and you know what, your spot on with what you said.

darren C
18-06-11, 11:54
second run was good i taught he had good speed nice angle and plenty smoke but that half spin was almost a dead stop in the middle of it so in my eyes he should hve got penalised heavily for it.. pure bulls...t in my opinion

richy
18-06-11, 12:01
I watched a couple of rounds of Formula D and thought the judging was pretty suspect to say the least, but the majority of competitions are the same, I've seen some questionable decisions made at SWRC events, Prodrift and EDC... I've only been to these so far lol!!

I'll watch the vids when I get home, didn't watch it this time.

Quealy
18-06-11, 12:49
It could be an irish thing, Eric O Sullivan shouldn't have went out against Grunwald in florida either. Total shite judging!

PS13!
18-06-11, 12:50
thats pure shit! the 350 nearly came to a direct stop when he almost spun .
If you ask me, the viper should of won it by a mile!

Scamper
18-06-11, 13:44
Deans run was clearly a better run, as was said above, Kado nearly came to a complete stop. pure bollox if ya ask me.

pole drift
18-06-11, 13:48
How do ya get rid of that fucking add from infront of the video??

diggerdolan
18-06-11, 14:23
Same as what s been said before Deans run was far more smooth and consistent where as kado seemed to be forcing the car far more which lead him to come to a near stop. Formula D judging has always been a bit iffy! IMO

podge
18-06-11, 14:37
ya dont have to go to america to see bad judging its every bit evident here as there some of d macs calls last weekend at prodrift were very questionable

skinnynphats200
18-06-11, 14:38
Kado half spun, corrected coming to a near stop and then straightened. Deans run was far better hands down!

Johnie
18-06-11, 15:04
I would have given the second guy zero for straightening the steering (he even turned in) but other than that his run was much better than the first guy more angle and aggressive transitions. The first guy had shallow angle and weak initiation. Either way if I was the judge the second guy got zero and the first guy would have scored points.

d1ro
18-06-11, 15:32
so far i agree with everyone, it's my point. how can a guy who "half spins/nearly comes to a complete stop" score higher than a guy who run's the whole track without doing the same. it's B****X and it just seems to happen all the time to the guys who are in the judges eyes "just making up the numbers" if that happened to me i'd park the car on the track, lock it and walk away. my motto is treat everyone in life as you wanted to be treated, fuck with me and well.......ill fuck with you ;-) SIMPLES

dude
18-06-11, 15:40
deans run was judged pretty fairly speed and angle was good but he was a bit off on some cliping points but it was a fairly good run kados run was a joke he just about saved the car from a spin nearly stoped in the process he straightened and was pretty far out on a few cliping points as well if he deserved a score at all it should have been half deans

Johnie
18-06-11, 15:50
I think most judging I've seen is not great all over the world, they accept all sorts of mistakes because the average skill level is not that great, but they shouldn't. I've seen many get away with straightening the steering and turning in, which in my opinion is the same as a spin out, end of run. I don't really like Formula D that much, basically I think their judging is crap, and so are their rules, I read some drivers get away with bending these rules too.

tezdude
18-06-11, 16:44
Yea deans run was was judged ok i think but then in kado's run he flicks the car very violently, near spins , drives straight for about 8-10 feet ,turns in and then clutch kicks which in my book is run over. ive noticed the judging since last year is dodgy to say the least!

snakie
18-06-11, 20:52
I watched a couple of rounds of Formula D and thought the judging was pretty suspect to say the least, but the majority of competitions are the same, I've seen some questionable decisions made at SWRC events, Prodrift and EDC... I've only been to these so far lol!!

I'll watch the vids when I get home, didn't watch it this time.

my thoughts exactly

si_berry
18-06-11, 21:03
Ye thats a load of hoop if you ask me! In the second video he clearly fucked up, had to straightin and still got a better score.

jincam
19-06-11, 22:30
i dont drift but i spectate and it seems that some high rollers get good points to keep them coming back rather than some fella that can only afford the odd run out who can steer much better, money talks

Kevin'c
19-06-11, 22:45
yea ok i think your man in the 350's run would have bin better than deane's if he hadint of allmost spun. but he did and i dont see how he got that score that he did over deanes run. it's a load of shit i think :mad:

Flat Eric
20-06-11, 04:15
Judging is always going to be questioned because you can't please everyone but those video's are evidence that the judging in FD has been deteriorating lately. I've witnessed more unbelievable calls this year than ever before over here and the qualifying scores in particular at round 4 were so inconsistent it seemed like the judges weren't even watching half the time.

For a series that is supposed to be the pinnacle of the sport it really should be looking into methods of eliminating this issue and pioneering new ways of making the judging system more consistent and fair for everyone.

Cezeli
20-06-11, 09:42
I think (imo) that from watching the livestream the other night the maddening thing for me was when you thought it was driver X or maybe a OMT the judges come up with a unanimous decision for driver Y.

I mean if they are going to judge it unfairly at least try and make it look as if its half right. That scenario happened at least twice in the Top16.

hoopsbhoy
20-06-11, 09:44
Firstly, the judging in FD is pathetic, I have spent countless nights this year and last year waking up the neighbours while i'm screaming at the screen. Thats not just for the Irish Drivers either, the level and consistency is very very poor in my eyes. I expect their to be border line calls but it is often much more than that.

Now as regards the two runs above, it is an absolute load of muck to even drem that Dean could have scored less. His run was not all that shit hot to be honest but he drifted the whole track. Kado practically stopped and drove straight for about 2 seconds after, even commentator mentioned the judges might not score that run. His angle was pretty good alright but I would like to see the speed gun as it didnt look super fast to me.

Its Drifting FFS, its not throw your car into the bend, drive a bit and drift a bit. Not quite a 0 for his run but close to it for me.

Rant over

d1ro
20-06-11, 09:48
Judging is always going to be questioned because you can't please everyone but those video's are evidence that the judging in FD has been deteriorating lately. I've witnessed more unbelievable calls this year than ever before over here and the qualifying scores in particular at round 4 were so inconsistent it seemed like the judges weren't even watching half the time.

For a series that is supposed to be the pinnacle of the sport it really should be looking into methods of eliminating this issue and pioneering new ways of making the judging system more consistent and fair for everyone.

well for me that's a very professional answer and hat's off to you man, cause you DID get dry fucked in Atlanta against Fosberg, as did D-Mac this weekend, why dont you boys all get up n shoot off to Jap land. BIG ENTRYS AND WALL RUBBING AND RESPECT. remember the good ould times of the AES2000 and the black ONEVIA and the little blue cam with macnamara on the side of it. those were the days if you ask me, DOOR TO DOOR action, not giving an inch and no matter who won we all still went to the pub with each other and laughed about it. i think im done with FD, I REALLY MEAN IT, either that or ill be broke from putting my fist through computer screens from complete frustration.:afro:

danmoorhead
20-06-11, 15:08
kado's run would ave been sweet if he haden't made what id say was a massive mistake!!! if it happened here it would ave been a zero!!!!! ive been watchin fd as much as i can al this year and 2 be honest i can't get a handle on the judging!! i mean id see a run and say fuk me he is on it and then a pure shit score then a car comes out has a bad run imo and gets a high score!!! i understand that this is the cream of the world in drivers but sometimes i feel the judges are watching someting different to me!!!

Chuck_g
20-06-11, 20:33
I did something very similar in Fermoy and scored a 1. That surely is a spin if not a HUGE correction and shud have been penalized

Joe
21-06-11, 01:31
you can vent your anger here Ro > http://www.drifting.com/forums/general-chat-drifting-discussion-news-and-site-updates/30462-feedback-formula-d-new-jersey-june-17-18-2011-a.html

Didnt see any of the drift stream over the weekend ,was out enjoying the sun in Surfers paradise ...

d1ro
22-06-11, 09:58
you can vent your anger here Ro > http://www.drifting.com/forums/general-chat-drifting-discussion-news-and-site-updates/30462-feedback-formula-d-new-jersey-june-17-18-2011-a.html

Didnt see any of the drift stream over the weekend ,was out enjoying the sun in Surfers paradise ...

cheers bro!!! ;-)

slithertooth
22-06-11, 21:49
Can't see how kado got that score with that mistake- imo