PDA

View Full Version : ProDrift RAW!!! - Punchestown Superlap

Cezeli
14-06-11, 07:32
http://vimeo.com/25040404

One lap, One chance!!

ProDrift Superlap takes place in order to sort the starting order for the Top 16 battles that ultimately decide who will become the toast of Punchestown.

Slippery conditions set drivers up with a difficult task. Risk running into the wall and damaging the car or risk a tough opponent in the Top 16.

Damien Mulvey started proceedings in the TDP tuned and owned R32 Skyline. Damien held the top spot with an excellent run in what is a time attack car with alot less lock than he is use to.

Northern Irish driver Rob Barnett in his Skyline powered E46 BMW took the lead of Superlap and held onto it until the end despite the best efforts of the other drivers.

Hope you enjoyed this RAW vid ;)

Click here (www.facebook.com/​pages/​Cezeli-Productions/​132394316783326) - check us out on Facebook

keith-n
14-06-11, 09:50
Quality vid. Your angle is shit though. You need to be higher up to show off whats actually going on. From where you stood it just looks plain boring.

Keep up the good work.

Cezeli
14-06-11, 10:11
The angle isnt great i'll admit but at the end of the day as media we are limited to locations we can use - you also have to factor in weather conditions and which way the rain is blowing and then mixing the angles up for other parts of the day - many factors dictate what angle i or any of the media people shoot from

andy t
14-06-11, 10:13
nice vid alright man

Hakosuka
14-06-11, 10:50
Great video as usual Patrick, ;)

duane-drift
14-06-11, 11:22
class video is there 1 of the incars Patrick:cool:

Cezeli
14-06-11, 11:27
Yeah there will be duane - im going to do a top 16 video next - it will take a wee while so i may try and get an onboard vid done in the next day or so ;)

duane-drift
14-06-11, 11:47
nb cant wait to see it:)

ontherack
14-06-11, 17:29
Cool Video Patrick

Quality vid. Your angle is shit though. You need to be higher up to show off whats actually going on. From where you stood it just looks plain boring.

Keep up the good work.

I think having a higher view point takes away from the action and makes it look slower. Hence why photographers normally go like this

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2499/5826128456_7b3b2ba564_z.jpg

to lower the angle of the shot.

The angle in the video is about the best to get the entire track from, but only looks great for certain parts of the track, and the only why around it is to have footage from different angles, and combine them.

I will put up a video of the team drift final from Fermoy, I took it from the bank, and there is loads of action in it, but it does look slower and I m sure would have been more exciting closer and at the same level as the action.

keith-n
15-06-11, 17:09
Photographs are always better down low but are worlds away from video footage. It's like the driving style for drifting and F1. Sure it all involves the same idea's but are completly different.

For video's of drifting an angled medium height and using the zoom button makes for great video's. The video is great but its not showing off the track and how the driver puts it to use.

Cezeli
15-06-11, 17:23
i see your point Keith - but again i was saving a higher position for the Top 16 video as it was more important to me - unfortunately again camera woes lead me to have to come back down onto the side of the track to get the rest of the battles but my initial vantage point was quite good.

mattybyrne2008
15-06-11, 18:15
really good video man love all of your work

Cezeli
15-06-11, 18:31
Cheers Matty - appreciate the feedback