PDA

View Full Version : PD Rnd3 Punchestown 2011 Afterthoughts

Prodrifter86
12-06-11, 18:50
this was simply the best round so far! i thought the track was fast and class..... action was top notch.. never seen so many off's since a few times in rosegreen. every1 was pushing hard. the weather was shocking during the morning...... but got better later in the day! some funny shit on my go pro from the team manfoot Crew! hahaha. lolers

Dunnedriftin
12-06-11, 18:53
http://www.driftireland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=264107#post264107

PeterT
12-06-11, 19:04
the track was awesome! fast fast good good. didnt stick around today due to poxy weather and team drift being cancelled. but yesterday watching the amateurs was (and is always imo) the best, driver of weekend for me was eoin o sullivan! pity he had an oul ding.

also, mantra! good to meet a load more folks off the site! although i cant remember too much haha.

Prodrifter86
12-06-11, 20:38
Cool shit. Dunnedrift thats a thing in pictures so i made this....

have to say my go pro footage came out good will have some Practice vids and superlap vids up this week!!!!!!!!

MissSuz
12-06-11, 21:19
Great weekend :D I always think the Saturday is a better day then Sunday. Driving was unreal as usual , track is mental! My first time in Punchestown and its definatly the best round so far this year. Serious carnage on that track...but the enterys were still getting faster and harder! It was more 'go hard and you will go home' than 'go hard or go home' this weekend! Great entertainment tho and the rain held off saturday.

Sunday I didnt stay long cuz its was too wet and we were fair hungover!

Cant wait for Round 4 :D

alan180sx
12-06-11, 21:40
wat a weekend. the best track layout eve. the commitment of drivers was unreal. every1 drove so hard. first off famousjh was nailin the track yesterday he had touch every wall he could lik a dog markin his territory.

Drivers of the weekend Nick Quealy and Eoin O Sullivan
great driving by both of em

Quealys runs against rob barnett were unreal 2 of the most aggressive drivers and they pushed each other to the limit.

insejn
12-06-11, 21:48
Really enjoyed the day. Such commitment from the drivers!
Really wanted to see Carpenter and Duane to go through, but these things happen!
Very cool and tight track, keep it up PD........ thumbs up

Darren
12-06-11, 21:52
Fantastic action today thank god the track dried out for some serious angle's and smoke

Moose
12-06-11, 22:17
was only there sat, wat a day. Didnt go well for myself, but sure youll have that, some serious driving, the agression in the battles was phenomenal,

well done to paul mac on the win, congrats to p.d. as well on the event, well organised and hugely entertaining,

roll on round 4, cant wait now

joey banana s14
12-06-11, 22:50
the track was awesome! fast fast good good. didnt stick around today due to poxy weather and team drift being cancelled. but yesterday watching the amateurs was (and is always imo) the best, driver of weekend for me was eoin o sullivan! pity he had an oul ding.

also, mantra! good to meet a load more folks off the site! although i cant remember too much haha.

do you remember tellin random women was my birthday haha good meeting you man and met chuck g properly and rather that a hello he just lamped into me haha what ya man the track was unreal saturday driving was top class level of skill is just unreal eoin o sullivan was epic among many others had a blast of a weekend

hoopsbhoy
12-06-11, 22:55
Only in the door now. Honestly dunno where to start. Was really pissed this morning when I got up and seen the rain and the minute I walked in the gates I seen Mike Deane and Alan Lenihan I think have a crash and thought that the weather would ruin the day.

Some of the laps in the wet were very slow, understandably. Yet still was some savage driving, Damien Mulvey in the skyline, well just brilliant considering the car and all, fair play to him.

Thought the best action was when it dried up, seriously impressed by the speed of entries and transitions, from a fans perspective, it was excellent and from a driver wanabee, it was just awesome.

Was gutted for Carpo and Duane as both their cars looked fuckin epic on that track.

Alan Sinnot must be the only undamaged car all day and he was mm from the wall at least 3 times, a well deserved winner in my eyes.

Roll on Mondello

Edit: Nick Quelly (spelling) was my driver of the day, serious pilot

Falvey
12-06-11, 23:00
Really enjoyed the weekend. Drift jam was great on friday with plenty of track time, big thanks to dan and wez for changing tyres for me. Qualified 16th on Saturday, hit the tyre wall then against Brian Egan in the top 32 and bent a tie rod. Jonny Mac had her as good as new Saturday evening with a sleg and I was back out today for practice runs. Huge congrads to the McCarthy brothers, with two savage results. Well done Prodrift on a brilliant overall event. Roll on mondello!!!

joey banana s14
12-06-11, 23:04
Really enjoyed the weekend. Drift jam was great on friday with plenty of track time, big thanks to dan and wez for changing tyres for me. Qualified 16th on Saturday, hit the tyre wall then against Brian Egan in the top 32 and bent a tie rod. Jonny Mac had her as good as new Saturday evening with a sleg and I was back out today for practice runs. Huge congrads to the McCarthy brothers, with two savage results. Well done Prodrift on a brilliant overall event. Roll on mondello!!!

think i jynxd you man just as i said to the lads your car was georgous you hit the wall:o good driving all weekend tho man;)

Stevo
12-06-11, 23:06
Did'nt go down today :( BUT fuck me theres sum talent in semi/ama, was there friday and saturday, seriously impressed by eoin in the jzx you were on it all day yesturday rubbing walls for fun, donal and the other lad in the blue cam fair fucks for balls out driving, famous jh and barry hennessy very unlucky in there top 32 battles, chuck the best thing you ever did was buy that beemer! mc carthy v duane was whooper battle and rob barnett is another man to watch, as mick said the carparts.ie lads were on it all weekend as was queally!

Fair play to PD Best event ever in Ireland imo keep up the good work!!!

Also fair play to all the lads that were balls out and had bad/heavy crashes the commitment was there for all to see, the track claimed alot of cars and hopefully we'll see you all back out for next season...

And last of all paul murphy is a fooking lunatic haha

Falvey
12-06-11, 23:14
think i jynxd you man just as i said to the lads your car was georgous you hit the wall:o good driving all weekend tho man;)
Cheers bud, sure she was never going to stay that clean forever anyway lol

chrisbrady325
13-06-11, 08:48
Good Weekend even though i only really got to watch :( Saturday Was Brilliant, So many Drivers Impressed Me!! Rob Barnett Should Have Advanced in Top 4 there wasnt much need for a re-run as the first battle said it all!, Eoin O Sullivan in the Black Chaser.. what a driver will go far this lad, a JOY to Watch!! YOu just need to sort out some grip :), Mc Keever well what can you say only.. A CRAZY ASS YOUNG PILOT :D .. But Out of all these the one who Impressed Me Most had to be.. DANI MURPHY it was like she came out of nowhere this weekend she has improved so much since last season and hope to see her go far this year!

Was Ragin the Car didnt run properly for me so headed home sunday morning, was a huge dissapointment for us, not getting any points on the board, not getting to compete as i felt it would have worked really well for us, just one of these things i suppose... Thanks to everyone who helped on saturday to get the car running.. Damien Mulvey, Holly, The Deane Team, Andrew Coyle, Darren Butler, Richill Motorsport.. :)

chrisb
13-06-11, 09:49
in some ways a dissapointing weekend for me, clutch went on friday. with the help from rob barnett and his bro daryl, richard bradley (bradley motorworks) we headed back home friday night and set about getting a new one in her, got the clutch that richard had sourced picked up by my brother in law while we took the box out. he arrived back while we were still trying to get the flywheel off (ended up cutting three bolts to get it off lol rob felt bad damaging an orc flywheel). new clutch didnt come with a flywheel and we didnt have a standard one so on the phone to richard who got me sorted, my dad went and lifted it for me in which time rob took into cutting the flywheel off, took over an hour to lift flywheel and when we arrived rob was on the last bolt. anyways got it in and back to gether for 12.30am, few hours sleep then back down the road. second lap of practice i lost second gear....gutted, one that i was out and two for the effort everyone had went to to get me out again had been wasted.

might be out for the season now due to funding which i feel sick about every time i think about it, but when things are tight the most important things gotta come first.

track was crazy and best one ive driven, some cars wrecked over the weekend, not nice to see. christy carpenter, respect man, the dedication to keep going after all the issues is second to none! pitty about bradys car and the issues would have liked to see him with another good result. rob barnett great driving all weekend. duane smoke machine! great driving from both mccarthy brothers

alan sinnott on form, best laps round that track in the top 16 yesterday rubbing walls on full angle. a well diserved win and hope you go on to take the title.

git
13-06-11, 10:06

Great driving outa you man, had good crack with ya friday!

dR Dan
13-06-11, 10:24
Awesome Awesome AWESOME!!!!!!

Where to start....

I must admit when i heard the likes of Nigel wasnt competing anymore, James was prioritising JDM and Mulvey wuldnt be ready... Along with the likes of Frenchy etc i was worried for the series... But it seems theres an endless supply of talent in this country and some up and comeing drivers who are really gonna put the shakes into the top boyos... This series has and will continue to be proven as the main stepping stone to the big series making some drivers decisions to go elsewhere baffling but anyway their loss IMO!

Willis every event u go out in you improve 100 per cent.. Keep it up!

Barnett aggression is awesome!

Famous JH your wallin rubbin is Immense!

Diarmuid O Connel you must have hugemungous Liathroidi!

And finally i have genuine man love for Eoin O Sullivan, bit more experience in chasing and you'll be the man.

Sunday morning was depression central but thankfully things cleared up and led to some AMAZING battles id said early that i fancied Swan to do well as he was on it all weekend...

Huge huge huge props to Donal Garry on his battle with Swan that was deffo my battle of the weekend!

Big Congrats to Swan absolutely delighted for you and lastly congrats to Sinnot lookin good for a well deserved championship!

Finally havin been staffing for years and knowing how awkward it can be when rain arrives huge thumbs up and congrats to the staff for keeping things going so well...

This season to date has been nothing short of amazing and long may it continue..

I LOVE YOU GUYS XXXX

pmc-drifter
13-06-11, 11:12
What a weekend!! Saturday was absolute madness, never a dull moment. First of all one of the lines on the hydraulic handbreak had split and we had no flaring tool to fix it so it was spraying fluid when ever i gave the handbreak or breaks a stab. First battle in the top32, made shit of the front of the car, seriously disappointed as I thought my day was over, but the team tore into beating it straight, ripped the radiator out of johns car and off she went again.

Basically I just want to say a huge thanks to all the lads for being flat out looking after the car all weekend. John and Inspector John Hall sprinting from the watching area upto the start line after every battle to check everything and top it up with oil as it was pissing from a line to the vanos. Also James Cruise you are the man.

Fair play to prodrift for making the best track in years!!

Thank god John also pulled a great result Sunday, well deserved, not an easy car to drive at all!!

Michael Swan was absolutely on it, I would have loved to see him on the top of the podium!!

dan
13-06-11, 11:26
great drivin from every driver sum wknd

git
13-06-11, 11:44

pole drift
13-06-11, 11:47

Repost!! Ha ha

markII-90
13-06-11, 11:51
Best weekend ever!! Some serious drivers out there all weekend and some mega carnage goin on to !

Saturday morning I was all over the shop and only got 2 practice runs in and on 1 of them I managed to rip a pipe off the intercooler! Rang a mate and he got down with 15minutes to go before I had to go and try qualify, managed to qualify second in the top 32 which I couldnt believe I was over the moon..

Managed to get to the last 8 and was up against Brendan Stone which I was nervous as fuck on the start line waiting to out with, on the second run I was chasin him a bit to hard and managed to end up in the wall !
Luckily it was only minor damage and I was seriously overwhelmed at the amount of people who offered parts and help to try get it goin again, cant thank you all enough :)

Got the car going at 10 that nite but there was still a few issues with it, so rather then risk doing more damage I just parked it up for the next day.

Huge thanks to Dominic who lent me his orange 1js14 to try qualify in the top 16 pro, I spent all morning tryin to get to grips with a totally different car then what I normally drive and the rain and wind didnt help at all and the fact that it wasnt my car I didnt want to push to hard in it, I ended up 17th which I was expecting to come last !

All in all a great weekend with great craic and great driving..

Mondello round 4 is going to be goooooooood :)

carpo
13-06-11, 12:25
Great weekends drifting had by all some serious driving out of the guys on saturday...sunday was the same started off bad with the rain and wind with tents and crap blowing everywhere lol..but was good it cleared up well after lunch...one of my worst weekends ever driving fair pissed with crashing on friday and the same on sunday in the top 8...i just need to fix the car up and put the crap weekend behind me...sick would be a under understatement...!!

Was great to see swan get on the podium and same for jp,sinnot was on it all weekend and i was very happy for shane sullivan as he's had a lot of problems with the new car and it really started working for him at punch

eimz
13-06-11, 12:37
Was ragin i missed friday drift jam if it was anything like sat it was unreal... the excitment was oozin all weekend my fave run was yest had to be mike deane and swan edge of your seat stuff!! def will be sittin by the judgin tower nxt time it was brilliant!!!

we were hard core and stuck it out all day sunday even with the rain and the hangovers :D roll on mondello even if its the coldest place in ireland lol :D I say Time Naas FTW... :cool:

sarhsPD
13-06-11, 12:46
Big thanks to all drivers, crews and fans for the commitment this weekend. The standard across all 3 classes is beyond ridiculous. :)

Se y'all in Mondello.

Aidan Hogan
13-06-11, 13:29
I didnt even know about driftjam on friday til I met Bart in Portlaoise as he was about to leave. So I went home , charged the camera a bit and set off , never drove to punchestown myself so was guessing where to go :p then luckily i spotted a lovely wide ass fc rx7 on the back of a trailer on the motorway so caught up and followed them , only on arrival I realised it was Mike Fitz with Dmac and another lad. Was a lot of bad smacks but I must say Punchestown has to be my favourite track as a spectator , everything is right in front of you and being able to walk around the pits is great to really see whats going on and be able to talk to the drivers. Was talking to Alan Sinnott just as he had finished up for the day , sound man he is , then was over with Bart and Yowdy , was a great atmosphere up there and managed to get a few pics and video's before my camera died so was happy enough , left around 5ish and only realised then in work that night that I got the face burnt off me and was bollixed tired but was well worth it. Spent Saturday asleep and Sunday dying with a hangover but still Friday made up for missing the 2 other days :) Roll on Round 4 :cool:

MartyMoore
13-06-11, 15:01
Never been to a pd event or had a chance to shoot one. I couldnt make Saturday but Sunday was unreal, The wet morning was crap for snaps but thankfully it dried up for the top16. I am going to make both days next round for sure

dR Dan
13-06-11, 17:03
On another note i forgot... I heard alot of people praisin Paul whats his names 'Balls out' drivin...

Fair enuf saturday was a little unlucky but Sunday was complete and utter retardation.... Absolutely hammering the tires every time your on track is just stupid!!!

Delaying the day for everyone cas of marshalls running after tires!

S13..KEV
13-06-11, 17:18
On another note i forgot... I heard alot of people praisin Paul whats his names 'Balls out' drivin...

Fair enuf saturday was a little unlucky but Sunday was complete and utter retardation.... Absolutely hammering the tires every time your on track is just stupid!!!

lad he was just flat out.normal am driver mistake.i know an am driver that crashed last year cause was to busy looking at the speedo trying to get fastest entry.utter retardation is a bit harsh.beginner mistake would be far enough but not what youre saying.

dR Dan
13-06-11, 17:19
lad he was just flat out.normal am driver mistake.i know an am driver that crashed last year cause was to busy looking at the speedo trying to get fastest entry.utter retardation is a bit harsh.beginner mistake would be far enough but not what youre saying.

Everyone makes mistakes but in there little practise time i tink we counted 7 times....

StupiD!

Thats not a mistake thats trying to be a hero...

S13..KEV
13-06-11, 17:22
Everyone makes mistakes but in there little practise time i tink we counted 7 times....

StupiD!

Thats not a mistake thats trying to be a hero...

maybe true but just his way of doing it.

git
13-06-11, 17:36
maybe true but just his way of doing it.

x2 far cry from retardation ?

Chuck_g
13-06-11, 17:37
Punchestown 2011 was an amazing weekend, Prodrift love challenging people and by fuck it showed. That track was scary fun but didnt seem to suit me and i was very dissapointed with my driving but sure.........My fav drivers of the weekend were Eoin O Sullivan, Famous Jh(wat i saw of him), Nick Quely, Paul Mac, Young Duane, Brendan Stone.....pretty much everyone, Donal Vaughan also impressed alot, he handed me my ass on a plate and wud have beat me only for a little tip he had. Some entries from him, speed wise. Eoin o s is nuts, lad we are going out to the wall are ya coming??? Ha ha.....

Had my first ever 5 minute rule, nearly killed 8 ppl in the pits trying to drive in......HUGE thanks to The Di Crew, was in such a rush i didnt know who was there, so all the lads that had my car jacked in 6 seconds n wheels changed so fast THANK YOU.....that also includes Mrmagoo, Pt_y2k and Niall Mac who all nearly died from a heart failure running from the judges tower to the pits. Love all you guys.

The session sat night, holy shit, 5% beer, nakedness, shower vids, humping on window sils, bars of soap, free club, 3 way kissing, Dmac, Minters, Kissing everyone, dancing, mini buses, hen's and Nick Quely......was fukin unreal..............

Quote of the weekend, Sunday morning, MrMagoo to Niall Mac, "lad shes so fucking hott id actually suck you off..............."

Wtf??

Roll on Round 4

git
13-06-11, 17:44
Punchestown 2011 was an amazing weekend, Prodrift love challenging people and by fuck it showed. That track was scary fun but didnt seem to suit me and i was very dissapointed with my driving but sure.........My fav drivers of the weekend were Eoin O Sullivan, Famous Jh(wat i saw of him), Nick Quely, Paul Mac, Young Duane, Brendan Stone.....pretty much everyone, Donal Vaughan also impressed alot, he handed me my ass on a plate and wud have beat me only for a little tip he had. Some entries from him, speed wise. Eoin o s is nuts, lad we are going out to the wall are ya coming??? Ha ha.....

Had my first ever 5 minute rule, nearly killed 8 ppl in the pits trying to drive in......HUGE thanks to The Di Crew, was in such a rush i didnt know who was there, so all the lads that had my car jacked in 6 seconds n wheels changed so fast THANK YOU.....that also includes Mrmagoo, Pt_y2k and Niall Mac who all nearly died from a heart failure running from the judges tower to the pits. Love all you guys.

The session sat night, holy shit, 5% beer, nakedness, shower vids, humping on window sils, bars of soap, free club, 3 way kissing, Dmac, Minters, Kissing everyone, dancing, mini buses, hen's and Nick Quely......was fukin unreal..............

Quote of the weekend, Sunday morning, MrMagoo to Niall Mac, "lad shes so fucking hott id actually suck you off..............."

Wtf??

Roll on Round 4

You and your fuckn bacwards non exsistent wheel studs on ur hubs i was putn the wheel on shoutn at the lads ''wat the fuck ,wheres his wheel studs gone !!!!'' i nearly had a stroke with the panic then the lads were windin me up over wether i tightened the wheels enough as i was watchn u bate down to the start line :o shit meself

PeterT
13-06-11, 18:20
Haha some man chuck! Me and Tim raping the jack in under the diff, no regard for seeing if anyone was under the car haha...cans down chuck up!!

B.Egan
13-06-11, 18:21
Brilliant event. Was nearly a pity I was driving sat and had to miss so much of the action. Watching the carnage coming back in on trucks was strange. Also the guy in the red s14 who went into the racecourse fence, wtf? I was next on line and just couldnt believe what I was seeing.

Eoin's a hero, simple as obviously. Famous JH and Quely are exceptional this year. Willis's attitude along with driving style are an example to anybody. And on and on. Too many to list and nearly too many ppl to cheer for at this stage lol!

As for me I was fairly delighted, as if nothing else I continue to make progress. Qualify 19th and lose top32 in fermoy. Qualify 17th and top16 in Punch. So happy out, lost the head a bit against Duane, but felt I had to try something special or mad to have a hope to get through, as he was always going to leave me through the final long corner. Had only watched Senna the week before and his famous quote of "If you no longer go for the gap.....you are no longer a racing driver" might have stuck a bit too much with me lol!:D

Amazing track to drive though. Jap style flicking over the crest right on the cone, no hydroing anywhere on the track, mad snappy transitions while going towards walls (including a 360 spin into the tyres lol). It was chaotic and I felt I was really battling to not bin the mx5 this weekend especially, and alot of ppl commented and noticed the suspension travel and setup etc not being "ideal", but absolutely loved every minute of it, and just wanted to try and go harder and faster each time. Not being able to go from second back up to 3rd after the infield killed any real hopes of nailing the whole outside line of the track sadly, so top 16 was about as far as I could hope for. As much as the car holds me back with problems, I still gotta give it a serious amount of credit for taking the sheer abuse I gave it for the weekend and it not complaining much lol! When it works I cant imagine any other car being as fun with the roof off trying to scrape towards a wall or other car while a waterfall of smoke and rubber floods in on you....just deadly tbh!

Round 4 should be mental. Now I gotta try top 8 haha!! Although clutch kick entry may be an issue for me. A "Small flick" could do a lot though lol!!:D

gem-s13
13-06-11, 18:22
ware to start! friday went out with a 3.9 was grand for a few laps but then with rubber laid down i just didnt have enought power for 3rd gear and my clutch went got i changed in a 20mins! did next session was ok bit of wall rubbing! but still wrong diff so put in a 4.3 and was spotty dog! went out very last run car bogged down a bit i put it down to low petrol level and went home happy enough, then sat morn went out 2 laps done the car bogged down again so in changed the fuel pump and filled it to the neck went out did a lap stil the same went in checked a few more things back out another lap and the car went mad! rev counter and speddo went crazy comeing onto the long run out then hafl way around it just died!! putting me in the wall car started back up ok but electrics were going mad and i had broken my intercooler and got into the pits me and the lads got to it changed the cooler and i rewired the car to run just the ecu and fuel pump it fire up but was sill all over the place like a scooby on anti lag!! id say every one heard it, so me and the new boss tryed to get her right changed every thing on it and still the same its a very sickining feeling watching ur qualifying position being taken by the next in line!! and i even with lots of cars on offer pd said that i could not use another car even thow some of the cars had done there 2 qualifing laps and had not gotton into the top 32?? so the cars would not have been backl out for the rest of the day a lil bit silly but they are the ruels they told me, so packed up and went home didnt bother going out on sunday cos of the rain,

Robbie Daly Ps13
13-06-11, 18:25
Gem u are some man for 1 man.....! That is all.....!

robbie@tdp.ie
13-06-11, 18:50
Brilliant event. Was nearly a pity I was driving sat and had to miss so much of the action. Watching the carnage coming back in on trucks was strange. Also the guy in the red s14 who went into the racecourse fence, wtf? I was next on line and just couldnt believe what I was seeing.

Eoin's a hero, simple as obviously. Famous JH and Quely are exceptional this year. Willis's attitude along with driving style are an example to anybody. And on and on. Too many to list and nearly too many ppl to cheer for at this stage lol!

As for me I was fairly delighted, as if nothing else I continue to make progress. Qualify 19th and lose top32 in fermoy. Qualify 17th and top16 in Punch. So happy out, lost the head a bit against Duane, but felt I had to try something special or mad to have a hope to get through, as he was always going to leave me through the final long corner. Had only watched Senna the week before and his famous quote of "If you no longer go for the gap.....you are no longer a racing driver" might have stuck a bit too much with me lol!:D

Amazing track to drive though. Jap style flicking over the crest right on the cone, no hydroing anywhere on the track, mad snappy transitions while going towards walls (including a 360 spin into the tyres lol). It was chaotic and I felt I was really battling to not bin the mx5 this weekend especially, and alot of ppl commented and noticed the suspension travel and setup etc not being "ideal", but absolutely loved every minute of it, and just wanted to try and go harder and faster each time. Not being able to go from second back up to 3rd after the infield killed any real hopes of nailing the whole outside line of the track sadly, so top 16 was about as far as I could hope for. As much as the car holds me back with problems, I still gotta give it a serious amount of credit for taking the sheer abuse I gave it for the weekend and it not complaining much lol! When it works I cant imagine any other car being as fun with the roof off trying to scrape towards a wall or other car while a waterfall of smoke and rubber floods in on you....just deadly tbh!

Round 4 should be mental. Now I gotta try top 8 haha!! Although clutch kick entry may be an issue for me. A "Small flick" could do a lot though lol!!:D

Your try on Duane was only awesome. Yous should have heard the crowd roar when you were up the inside on the start of the sweep.

Well done for trying so hard.

Robbie

PeterT
13-06-11, 18:52
Your try on Duane was only awesome. Yous should have heard the crowd roar when you were up the inside on the start of the sweep.

Well done for trying so hard.

Robbie

Same with on the Saturday, we were even banging the fence and shouting lungs off after ur run el trixtaro!

That's what it's all about!

Cooldrft
13-06-11, 18:53
Gem u are some man for 1 man.....! That is all.....!

He sure is , with all that going on friday, he just came up + pulled out the back of my car ,without asking him.
Thanks again gem.

gem-s13
13-06-11, 18:54
He sure is , with all that going on friday, he just came up + pulled out the back of my car ,without asking him.
Thanks again gem.

no problem james glad to help out when i can

Stevo
13-06-11, 20:36

Gonna have to say your being a hypocrite dan, did i not hear the lads in the tower encouraging the drivers to go big or go home, he destroyed the car going balls out!! also hes an AMA in his first season and mistakes will happen as even lads with big experience went into the tyres!!

dR Dan
13-06-11, 20:42
Gonna have to say your being a hypocrite dan, did i not hear the lads in the tower encouraging the drivers to go big or go home, he destroyed the car going balls out!! also hes an AMA in his first season and mistakes will happen as even lads with big experience went into the tyres!!

How does this make ME a hypocryt?

Stevo
13-06-11, 20:51
How does this make ME a hypocryt?

Are you not one of the lads in the tower?? Anyhow not getting into handbags with ya your comment was silly imo that will be all :p

dR Dan
13-06-11, 20:52
Are you not one of the lads in the tower?? Anyhow not getting into handbags with ya your comment was silly imo that will be all :p

No im spectating jst like you

PeterT
13-06-11, 20:53
dan isnt anything to do with pd as far as im aware!?

Greg
13-06-11, 20:53
Cool thread. All the stories are awesome. :D Makes me really want to get out in Ama next year and being involved in all the whopper driving and sessions. :) That and going out to the wall with Eoin and Chucky.

Stevo
13-06-11, 20:55
No im spectating jst like you

Cool beans, roll on round 4 :D

dR Dan
13-06-11, 20:56
dan isnt anything to do with pd as far as im aware!?

Correct petey the horn to drive wont go away so gave it up dis year wit the hope of competing...

PeterT
13-06-11, 21:00
yeh, competing is on my list of to dos for next year!

bart
13-06-11, 21:06

think your over reacting lad..
if you'd of had the weekend and hardship ya had of having with his car ya'd of went back to cork with your tale between your legs...
cause i know i would to...
paul had bad luck...:(
2 broken rockers..
bent valve (which led to a change of head at 5am at track sat morning)
tipped the wall in top 32.. which led to changing "hicas arm, traction arm,front wish bone front track rod 2 wheels and a brand new 888.....

so if ya ask me that dedication to get car back out.....
fair balls to him..
he just wants to get better and better

ps.. im not having a go at you here...... :wink:

dR Dan
13-06-11, 21:09
think your over reacting lad..
if you'd of had the weekend and hardship ya had of having with his car ya'd of went back to cork with your tale between your legs...
cause i know i would to...
paul had bad luck...:(
2 broken rockers..
bent valve (which led to a change of head at 5am at track sat morning)
tipped the wall in top 32.. which led to changing "hicas arm, traction arm,front wish bone front track rod 2 wheels and a brand new 888.....

so if ya ask me that dedication to get car back out.....
fair balls to him..
he just wants to get better and better

ps.. im not having a go at you here...... :wink:

... Agreed that is impressive dedication... Props to the man for that...

MissSuz
13-06-11, 21:16

Wtf??

Roll on Round 4

Jesus..I forgot half of this....window sils humping and 3 way kissing! ha...Im never drinking with you again!!!

the dancer
13-06-11, 21:31
paul murphy here well i am so pissed with being callad a a retard who are u 2 judge me tthat was my third time 2 compete in pd and i have qualified twice 4 top 32 im not experienced at twin battles thats y i crashed on sat , and the wall taps or crashes on sun were due 2 lack of sleep from being up 2 nites in a row doin head on car and than fixing my crash dammage so i could go out and entertain the crowd ,that was than canceled and i faught 2 get lads out 4 practice instead ,and i delayed nothing by marshals sorting tires as their was only 8 cars out with me who were all delighted 2 get such track time im sure ,ok i was making mistakes but least i was trying my man

dR Dan
13-06-11, 21:39
paul murphy here well i am so pissed with being callad a a retard who are u 2 judge me tthat was my third time 2 compete in pd and i have qualified twice 4 top 32 im not experienced at twin battles thats y i crashed on sat , and the wall taps or crashes on sun were due 2 lack of sleep from being up 2 nites in a row doin head on car and than fixing my crash dammage so i could go out and entertain the crowd ,that was than canceled and i faught 2 get lads out 4 practice instead ,and i delayed nothing by marshals sorting tires as their was only 8 cars out with me who were all delighted 2 get such track time im sure ,ok i was making mistakes but least i was trying my man

Didnt say anythin about Sat as 1 or 2 bangs is expected... but hittin the same tires almost every run during practise was plain silly... Theres a difference between tryin too hard and straight loosin the head... Anyways my opinion but fair play on the dedication!

the dancer
13-06-11, 21:48
lad it was a monsoon i had no wipers and car dnt handle great after hitting barrier at high speed the day b4 ur entitled 2 ur opinion but know the facts first ,im an easy goin person but dnt take kindly 2 being called a retard by sombody who clearly doesnt know me thats just not on

Chuck_g
13-06-11, 22:41
I love you Paul...........your my Hero :)

Greg
13-06-11, 22:48
lad it was a monsoon i had no wipers and car dnt handle great after hitting barrier at high speed the day b4 ur entitled 2 ur opinion but know the facts first ,im an easy goin person but dnt take kindly 2 being called a retard by sombody who clearly doesnt know me thats just not on

Don't let it bother you, Paul. You keep rubbing the pit wall at Mondello, and enjoy your drifting. :)

the dancer
13-06-11, 22:51
and ur mine chuck lol

Famous jh
13-06-11, 22:53
What a weekend....What a FUCKING TRACK!! I loved it!! Struggled a bit with the big bend on Friday but after Keiran pionting out to me on the evening that i was taking a slightly wrong line through the start of the corner i knew what i needed to do sat...Cos as it was i couldn't get close enough to the walls without feeling like i'd die..

So had a chat with myself sat morning, found the right line and was able to sit on the wall :) Qualified ok, apparently had a big advantage from my lead run with Danni, didn't realise this and on my chase concentrated to much on tryin to come inside her and binned it into the tryes..Lesson learned ;)

Was a savage weekend, everything from spooning with Mark, to candle lit dinner with the boys to getting busted by falling out of the bath sat night!! Nick is my hero also...

Oh and the van decided to spring a leek in the clutch comin home so had to drive without one.. Roundabouts and stuff were fun :cool:

Chuck_g
13-06-11, 22:53
I never saw ur crash til the vid on here n after seeing the car sunday morning, thats some fixing........fukin savage.....i also recollect a conversation sat night? That happen??

Chuck_g
13-06-11, 22:56
didn't realise this and on my chase concentrated to much on tryin to come inside her and binned it into the tryes..Lesson learned

Lad seriously, theres no comin inside anyone, male or female.....i came hard inside Eoin o Sullivan and Darren really didnt like it, he hated it in fact.....said it was horrid :D

the dancer
13-06-11, 22:57
thanks chuck had great support from lot of people getting er sorted ,honestly cant remember what i said 2 u however i do remember speeking 2 u lol....

dR Dan
13-06-11, 22:58
what a weekend....what a fucking track!! I loved it!! Struggled a bit with the big bend on friday but after keiran pionting out to me on the evening that i was taking a slightly wrong line through the start of the corner i knew what i needed to do sat...cos as it was i couldn't get close enough to the walls without feeling like i'd die..

So had a chat with myself sat morning, found the right line and was able to sit on the wall :) qualified ok, apparently had a big advantage from my lead run with danni, didn't realise this and on my chase concentrated to much on tryin to come inside her and binned it into the tryes..lesson learned ;)

was a savage weekend, everything from spooning with mark, to candle lit dinner with the boys to getting busted by falling out of the bath sat night!! Nick is my hero also...

Oh and the van decided to spring a leek in the clutch comin home so had to drive without one.. Roundabouts and stuff were fun :cool:

.................................................. ............................
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahah ahaahahahhahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahah ahahhaahhah!

markII-90
13-06-11, 22:59
Lad seriously, theres no comin inside anyone, male or female.....i came hard inside Eoin o Sullivan and Darren really didnt like it, he hated it in fact.....said it was horrid :D

I wasnt to fond of it myself :o

I feel used and abused !

Famous jh
13-06-11, 23:00
.................................................. ............................
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahah ahaahahahhahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahah ahahhaahhah!

Hehee...See what i did there :D

dR Dan
13-06-11, 23:03
Hehee...See what i did there :D

......... no sorry can u explain?

Famous jh
13-06-11, 23:04
......... no sorry can u explain?

I'll leave that to chuck :cool:

joeymc
13-06-11, 23:11

Fuck me wer you tryin, fair play to you lad your a nut job in that car love your balls out drivein style

Chuck_g
13-06-11, 23:29
I'll leave that to chuck :cool:

Nearly as bad as the little flick...............:cool::cool:

Amy G
14-06-11, 09:51
I'm only coming back to life after the wkend, felt like I was hit by a bus yday.... Great wkend, Great track, great craic and AMAZING driving! Everyone has certainly upped their game.
Was only getting the track down when I had a little meeting with that wall thanks to that bump throwing me off (Literally). Most of the damage was fixed up, but we had over looked the front damage, so when it came to practice on Saturday before qualifying the car wouldn't steer right and on closer inspection the hub is bent, (think my neck is too)..... Still had a great wkend, but was ragin I didn't get to drive on Saturday .... Thanks to everyone for you're help, you're all a great bunch sure!
The parties are getting even crazier at this stage, and Eoin O'S was everyone's hero of the wkend, proper balls out drifting outta that boy - Doin it for the Dubs :wink:

duane-drift
14-06-11, 11:41
*******luved punchestown some track rolll on mondello!!!!!!!!!:):p;):D:cool:

MikeFitz
15-06-11, 13:10
Another entertaining weekend! Great craic at the track and in the pub. Once again the level of driving was very high across all classes, many great drivers, but like many other people in this thread, Eoin O Sullivan was my driver of the weekend! Some man to rub walls! Must say I was a bit nervous about judging the pro competition Sunday but it all worked out well in the end and having an insight into judging will help me as a driver. Speaking of which, we pulled a few late nights and one all nighter and got the FC up for practice on Friday with no handbrake and very little main brakes, which were taking an eternity to bleed. The car is borderline frightening! :D The way it makes power and grip is like no drift car Ive ever driven before, it will require a totally different driving style to drive it. Its logged and ready to go but it was lacking a few final bits to make it competition ready so roll on Mondello! The last few events in the tower have been great craic commentating, DJing and judging, but its time to get back out on track where I belong! Fair play to the lads for laying out a great track in Punches and Mondello clockwise should be every bit as entertaining. 100mph+ flicks FTW! :D

carpo
15-06-11, 13:39
120+ mike if they start us coming out of dunlop.....:P:)

chrisb
15-06-11, 14:58
and it should be made fact that if we're not sideways before the bridge its a 0

duane-drift
15-06-11, 15:13
i dont no what speed but i wil jus be flatout FTW!!!:cool:

PeterT
15-06-11, 16:12
i dont no what speed but i wil jus be flatout FTW!!!:cool:

No doubt you will be bursting anyone who still has ear drums left!
Some feckin bang of that yoke!

twailbait
15-06-11, 16:29

Cant wait to see that!!!

markII-90
15-06-11, 16:34
Flat down the straight, flick the wheel and clutch kick then close your eyes and hold on while trying to downshift :laugh:

Its gonna be FAAAAAASSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTT

Cant wait for it !!

MikeFitz
16-06-11, 10:59

Oh boys! Learning a new car at 120 FTW! :D

and it should be made fact that if we're not sideways before the bridge its a 0

Agreed!

No doubt you will be bursting anyone who still has ear drums left!
Some feckin bang of that yoke!

Stop lad, Duane defo has a pleasure/pain thing going on with eardrums :)

jeff nelson sileighty
16-06-11, 11:21
duane you have to go flat into honda itd be savage entertaining......yes it will more than likely end in a big fireball but entertaining none the less ;) :cool:

duane-drift
16-06-11, 23:30
thats what i am there 4 :L

Mabbit
17-06-11, 14:12
Its gonna be fun alri....Not gonna be fun wit it nly been my second time out :confused: but as eoin says flick the wheel and clutch kick then close your eyes and hold on while trying to downshift :D ...but at least ders no walls for me to hit this time...:)
Better bring a few spare gearboxs :cool:
Lets hope we see some backwards entrys...

chrisbrady325
17-06-11, 14:53
TBH i Cant see any lad pulling a backwards entry but thats not for the want of trying... you need somewhere better than mondello to be pulling this off.. honda corners run off is too rough and anyone who hits that kerb and gravel tryin to pull one will be lucky not to write the car off.. but as i said Its not for the want of lads tryin as there will be many at it :) I'll be tryin myself if i make it there..