PDA

View Full Version : Mondello Drift Practice 22-5-11 (afterthoughts)

bart
22-05-11, 19:26
well what did ye all think of today??
some good drivers there...
still a loads of cock wetting the corners.. someone is really going to get hurt...
had a great day.. car was flying it..
pics anyone???
and git and joey........ WATCH YE'R BACKS....... :cool:

mArKo
22-05-11, 19:29
Had a savage day, the car went well all day!
I hated it when they wet the corners, there was no grip at all!
Roll on the next one :D

juice
22-05-11, 19:33
First day out anywhere ever and it was great craic, car didn't really play ball so i'd say I only got in about 12 good laps with no problems, something small though and should have it sorted for the next day :D

danny86
22-05-11, 19:41
had a savage day in my s13.. delighted wit it..:D

had a bit of a tip on the straight of a cam but sure wat can ya do..

s15_spec_r
22-05-11, 20:00
its onli when ya actually drive after they wet the track that ya realise how slippy it is, like when your spectating ya can see its slippy but my god i got an awful land coming into honda and onto the wet b4 i knew it,

car split a joinery on my first session but thanks to juice who came to my rescue got me going right away, the car was absolutly faultess after that, except for running outta petrol twice and tyres,
had a brill day all in all,

@bart. who was that in the r32 that was basiclly battling with ya round the track? was savage ta watch from behind haha

ste
22-05-11, 20:03
was git acting a GIT behind the bart fela???

Boguey001
22-05-11, 20:07
Was only there for the afternoon session, 1st time there, some good driving out there... The lad in da volvo was fairly letting it at it, my woman tought he wasnt right in the head. :) Red s14 was doing some good driving to. The smoke machine of the day was definatly the tdp skyline... Also seen that red s13 going good too danny so keep it up. Definatly going back and hopefully i'l be out on the track before long... :)

Daly
22-05-11, 20:15
My first time out in a rwd car and i was delighted with how it went..I was in the pinky / purple 180 with white wheels spun out a fair few times but thats all part of it.....handbrake wasnt really working right so i was kinda happy when it was a bit wet because i could use it then, all in all a good day out cant wait for the next one...met timmy in bunclody sound chap, convince your mate to stick at the drifting!!

joey banana s14
22-05-11, 20:19
good ol day black 14 with mangled qurter was driven very very well and wall rubbin volvo, was out with barty and the battle with bart and git made the day DOOR ON DOOR

pole drift
22-05-11, 20:20
The red s14 with the English reg came down the main straight at the end, done a 360, managed to catch it and drifted the two corners. He looked at me and laughed as I was standing there clapping, lol.

Lots of great drivers out there today, but also done dangerous ones too, and alot of drivers are fuckin clueless as to what the yellow and red flags mean!!

Felt sorry for everyone who damaged their cars, especially the black s14 who was taken off on the teleporter and the blue s14 who'll b purchasing wider quarters after kissing the tyrewall :(

Razzer
22-05-11, 20:20
was git acting a GIT behind the bart fela???

It would be the other way round..!!
Nice to meet u Bart( I done the petrol run for u 2 at lunch)
Wat a day some serious driving by some people.delighted for git his car ran with no problems apart from oil escaping out the dipstick..

As for the twinner and the red s13 crashing into each other on the straight wat the was the twinner thinking of overtaking while the 13 was drifting?? You are both lucky with them saves any further back and u were both into the wall IMO.

danny86
22-05-11, 20:25
wat the was the twinner thinking of overtaking while the 13 was drifting?? .

exactly!! he came out of no where..

but that shit happens..

bart
22-05-11, 20:35
It would be the other way round..!!
Nice to meet u Bart( I done the petrol run for u 2 at lunch)
Wat a day some serious driving by some people.delighted for git his car ran with no problems apart from oil escaping out the dipstick..

As for the twinner and the red s13 crashing into each other on the straight wat the was the twinner thinking of overtaking while the 13 was drifting?? You are both lucky with them saves any further back and u were both into the wall IMO.

yea cheers slad...
was some craic with chris...
he's mental..
when he told me he didnt mind if i rubbed him i said cool..
knowing him though the fooker ment it the other way:kiss:
thanks for petrol run aswell BTW

johnbro
22-05-11, 20:48
I went up after lunch for a look.
Some good pilots out there.
Some smoke off that silver r33 as usual, the r34 too, red 14 doing some entry's into Honda.
Hard to watch when my car was sittin at home I'll have it out the next one :cool:

Then is the next drift day?

mickel
22-05-11, 20:56
Had a great day in the beemer

had no issues,apart from a few spins

the red 14 doin the entries into honda is

aidan d,he got some extra lock goin on

and i think it's safe to say hes' happy with it:cool::afro:

johnbro
22-05-11, 21:01
Had a great day in the beemer

had no issues,apart from a few spins

the red 14 doin the entries into honda is

aidan d,he got some extra lock goin on

and i think it's safe to say hes' happy with it:cool::afro:

He was pullin some angles alrite it just didn't want to spin out;)
You were flyin in that BM too lad fair play:wink:

mickel
22-05-11, 21:04
He was pullin some angles alrite it just didn't want to spin out;)
You were flyin in that BM too lad fair play:wink:

savage craic lad:afro:

any pic's people?

SR20_180
22-05-11, 21:04
Ragin I didn go upto this, the turnout wasn great at the drag racing in Tullow!

jdmjimmy
22-05-11, 21:10
My after thoughts WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU TRY FLY PAST SOMEONE DRIFTING THE STRAIGHT !!!. As what happend Danny86 in the red ps13 drifting the straight consitantly all day without a hicup then a tool box in a cam decides aww fuck it hes just about to swing the back end across the track sure il try pass him (WRECK his door,make shite of his 1/4 panel and shunt his sill in) I think there should be a brain activity test done before some people are let out! Other than that great day ..

Aidan D.
22-05-11, 21:13
The red s14 with the English reg came down the main straight at the end, done a 360, managed to catch it and drifted the two corners. He looked at me and laughed as I was standing there clapping, lol.

Lots of great drivers out there today, but also done dangerous ones too, and alot of drivers are fuckin clueless as to what the yellow and red flags mean!!

Felt sorry for everyone who damaged their cars, especially the black s14 who was taken off on the teleporter and the blue s14 who'll b purchasing wider quarters after kissing the tyrewall :(

Dat was me in the red 14. I was kinda wondering why you were clappin!! car was goin like shite but i enjoyd it none the less!! GOD I LOVE HONDA

jdmjimmy
22-05-11, 21:21
You were flyin Aidan I remember the first day out up there in mondello think it was your first day aswel really come along up with all the top guns now s14 is lookin well the front bumber is savage ..

Aidan D.
22-05-11, 21:31
You were flyin Aidan I remember the first day out up there in mondello think it was your first day aswel really come along up with all the top guns now s14 is lookin well the front bumber is savage ..

Cheers jimmy,yea i remember meetin you on may first day out:) the tyre walls like my bumper aswell:mad: Car was way down on power! i taut i ad it sorted but it splutterd an farted all day.

jdmjimmy
22-05-11, 21:38
Cheers jimmy,yea i remember meetin you on may first day out:) the tyre walls like my bumper aswell:mad: Car was way down on power! i taut i ad it sorted but it splutterd an farted all day.

Ha yea was my first day aswel.It sounded a bit off check afm,plugs coilpacks and rigorously check for boost leaks! as I found out the hard way!

DaveZigen
22-05-11, 21:39
Came down for a look in the afternoon to check out juice's car, pity it wasn't running 100% but some tasty pilots out there today, wound for Fermoy now :-)

shaneS14
22-05-11, 21:40
had a savage day in my s13.. delighted wit it..:D

had a bit of a tip on the straight of a cam but sure wat can ya do..

seen ya out there lad going serious fair play:cool:

saff 24v
22-05-11, 21:42
had a great day myself to day car wasn goin the greatest nut nothing new with sierras overall great crack tho... was dodgy now and again with the corners wet here and dry there but got over it didnt hit or break anything so happy out...

juice
22-05-11, 21:43
Came down for a look in the afternoon to check out juice's car, pity it wasn't running 100% but some tasty pilots out there today, wound for Fermoy now :-)

Thanks for coming out anyway, she'll be right for the next day, roll on Fermoy and the session!!!!!

TIMMY495
22-05-11, 21:50
My first time out in a rwd car and i was delighted with how it went..I was in the pinky / purple 180 with white wheels spun out a fair few times but thats all part of it.....handbrake wasnt really working right so i was kinda happy when it was a bit wet because i could use it then, all in all a good day out cant wait for the next one...met timmy in bunclody sound chap, convince your mate to stick at the drifting!!

Gud 2 met u 2 dude, hopefully we b reshelling jimjim black s14. Who was ur 1 in d white s13 wit d red wheels ?? Bit of waste of a drift day? Mayb der was a gud reason 4 just driving around thou... :huh:

jdmjimmy
22-05-11, 21:57
TIMMY495 the fookin noise of ur 180 is savage! What spec?

shaneS14
22-05-11, 21:59
Gud 2 met u 2 dude, hopefully we b reshelling jimjim black s14. Who was ur 1 in d white s13 wit d red wheels ?? Bit of waste of a drift day? Mayb der was a gud reason 4 just driving around thou... :huh:

seen that to she should of went to the beech first to practice maybe

TIMMY495
22-05-11, 22:07
TIMMY495 the fookin noise of ur 180 is savage! What spec?
cheers jimmy :) emm pretty much forged d engine a year ago,gt2871r turbo, an sum poncams, didnt go over size bores or netin, sumhow its running stupidly high compression, i stil not sure y 2 dis day, but tink dats y it sounds dat way. . . . Hasnt missed a beat 4 a year now thank god

jdmjimmy
22-05-11, 22:12
cheers jimmy :) emm pretty much forged d engine a year ago,gt2871r turbo, an sum poncams, didnt go over size bores or netin, sumhow its running stupidly high compression, i stil not sure y 2 dis day, but tink dats y it sounds dat way. . . . Hasnt missed a beat 4 a year now thank god

good stuff compression could be to do with whatever size head gasket?.Thinkin of goin with a 2871r myself can get a brand new garrett unit for €738 iirc ..

get some pics and spec up of ur car wel worth showing off

bart
22-05-11, 22:14
pics anyone???????????

TIMMY495
22-05-11, 22:25
good stuff compression could be to do with whatever size head gasket?.Thinkin of goin with a 2871r myself can get a brand new garrett unit for €738 iirc ..

get some pics and spec up of ur car wel worth showing off
yup def go wit dat turbo jimmy ! I love it! Feels really responsive. Ah ya i was gona do a build thread av loadsa pics from wen i got it bog standard, but never got round 2 it. Back on d topic thou, deadly day out thou, loves it wen it was dry right the way round the track. Sum deadly drivers out der 2day. Was keeping my eye on the red silvia wit d chrome torques, savage driver.

jdmjimmy
22-05-11, 22:30
Thats Danny86 on here bout time he got a propper car to do skills justice lol.. His ps is only running .6 bar also on a fairly stock sr

git
22-05-11, 22:50
What a day ha ! loadsa fun had great few runs with bart one or two or three very close runs which was cool to say the least , engine ran perfect all day long ,was bolock'd when i came home ,met a few ugly bastards aswell taffy ,bradley ,mark ,joey, haha jus jokn lads and nice ta meet yas all :kiss:

need to sort a wand out and then we can try this whole epic entry crack ha !

Even the dancin queen moorhead came down :cool: :D

si_berry
23-05-11, 07:56
Yup, savage day! Plenty of spins in the JDM white 180sx, sorry for holding people up on Honda while practising the Scandinavian :p:p
Car was going grand, hit a tyre wall twice at the back on the S when the weather changed randomly! Only cosmetic

Pretty much had the whole track with Bart for the last half hour, was sweet.

insejn
23-05-11, 08:24
some pics here

http://www.driftireland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18526

:afro:

johnbro
23-05-11, 10:58
What a day ha ! loadsa fun had great few runs with bart one or two or three very close runs which was cool to say the least , engine ran perfect all day long ,was bolock'd when i came home ,met a few ugly bastards aswell taffy ,bradley ,mark ,joey, haha jus jokn lads and nice ta meet yas all :kiss:

need to sort a wand out and then we can try this whole epic entry crack ha !

Even the dancin queen moorhead came down :cool: :D

You were flying it chris, good stuff just pull 3rd gear before ya blow that car up Lol.
Did you head off early I was going to call over I had that heat stuff I borrowed off ya:kiss:

Also fair play to danny86 who was doing very well. Serious pilot.

danny86
23-05-11, 12:40
any pics of the afternoon yet lads?

^^
thanks lads gives me a bit of go too get the car tidy up for next day out all goin well..

git
23-05-11, 13:42
You were flying it chris, good stuff just pull 3rd gear before ya blow that car up Lol.
Did you head off early I was going to call over I had that heat stuff I borrowed off ya:kiss:

Also fair play to danny86 who was doing very well. Serious pilot.

Aye down in honda im guessn ur talkn bou! Ha

slider80
23-05-11, 14:20
first day out yesterday,,, loved it.... sil80 never missed a beat and still in 1 piece thank fook,, very happy wit it,, hydro for the next day and more fookin tyres;) cheers 2 the the boys from up north wit the 2 s14's for the use of d jack all day, sound lads.. roll on the next 1:cool:

mattybyrne2008
23-05-11, 19:30
was only there spectating on pit wall had to be the highlight of the day that volvo was fucking brilliant made our day..

favorite car to watch was that booter cam loved his entry into honda..

these days just make you want a track slut!!!

mickel
23-05-11, 22:45
Any more photo's or video's lad's?

Saw a good few photographer's there yesterday:)

TIMMY495
23-05-11, 23:22
speaking of photographers , did ne of ye c d lad flat out asleep on the honda bend near d end of d day?? I thought twas fair funny newho! :P
duno how he slept wit al d noise ha

mickel
23-05-11, 23:25
speaking of photographers , did ne of ye c d lad flat out asleep on the honda bend near d end of d day?? I thought twas fair funny newho! :P
duno how he slept wit al d noise ha
not sure lad but i think twas a lady:confused:

TIMMY495
23-05-11, 23:29
not sure lad but i think twas a lady:confused:

whoooops! Haha, whichever i suppose ha. Didnt get a gud luk while drifting :)

Doni
23-05-11, 23:31
Got plenty of pics lads, but they will be posted end of week at clutchkick.net
got some good shots :P

mickel
23-05-11, 23:34

cool

any sneak peek's?

git
24-05-11, 07:46

Ye doni get the finger out or wel be sendin u back to greece with yer one s13 in the whole country ha!

Eoin R.
25-05-11, 12:18
I was like a dog got 2 laps and my water pumpbelt broke and the car was parked for the day! Lucky i was driven my friends trueno a few times and that made me feel some bit better!! Fuckin datsuns!!!:mad:

SUPER 180
25-05-11, 15:28
I was like a dog got 2 laps and my water pumpbelt broke and the car was parked for the day! Lucky i was driven my friends trueno a few times and that made me feel some bit better!! Fuckin datsuns!!!:mad:

shit when that shit happen :mad:

did ya get a refund ye??

danny86
25-05-11, 15:40
any pics of sunday lads? seen loads of cameras around:confused:

Aidan Hogan
26-05-11, 16:30
I had a great day even though the hangover was kicking in towards the end of the day. Went up on my own but met joey , stacey , bart and derk up there. Derk your some cunt telling me to get off the trailer hahahaa
I have pics and video's , vids wont upload but I'll stick the pics up now.
Some great and entertaining drivers out there , looking forward to the next one :afro: :cool:

Derk
26-05-11, 16:43
Derk your some cunt telling me to get off the trailer hahahaa

Love you man xxxx :p

Eoin R.
26-05-11, 17:11
Got E80 credit for the next time lad! wouldnt give me back money!

Aidan Hogan
26-05-11, 17:34
Got E80 credit for the next time lad! wouldnt give me back money!

better than nothing i suppose ;)