PDA

View Full Version : Options for 15"x9" or 15"x10" wheels

Loaf
22-05-11, 18:54
I want some wide wheels for the NA.

Initially I was thinking xxr 002's but I found out they only come 8".

Where could I get banded steelies along the lines of 15"x10" zero offset or 15"x9" ET -15 in Ireland?

I'm going with cby style arches so clearance shouldn't be an issue (at least on the outside)

Spartacus
23-05-11, 09:51
Rota have launched a few new styles over on Driftworks, very old school JDM. Check them out.

Dave
23-05-11, 10:00
you'll find places on ebay that do banded steelies

twailbait
23-05-11, 10:21
I want some wide wheels for the NA.

Initially I was thinking xxr 002's but I found out they only come 8".

Where could I get banded steelies along the lines of 15"x10" zero offset or 15"x9" ET -15 in Ireland?

I'm going with cby style arches so clearance shouldn't be an issue (at least on the outside)

Come on!!!!!!!!!!! Banded steelies!

And good luck getting 10" to fit!

PeterT
23-05-11, 11:26
People realy need to think something new for mx5's, I'm bored of the look everyone's doing the same!

B.Egan
23-05-11, 12:15
People realy need to think something new for mx5's, I'm bored of the look everyone's doing the same!

Gimme 2 months lol! Plans are made, just need to source the financing. Should be a decent change around after punchestown if its still alive. Some proper custom ideas so god knows if they'll work out or not though!!

PeterT
23-05-11, 12:20
Gimme 2 months lol! Plans are made, just need to source the financing. Should be a decent change around after punchestown if its still alive. Some proper custom ideas so god knows if they'll work out or not though!!

This man is doing it right so! Good job. If I had one, stupid arches, rear bumper chop and diffuser, bgw, and other rediculous stuff that people don't do :D

Anyways, back on topic :)

twailbait
23-05-11, 12:21

What are you referring to pete? Banded steels or what?

PeterT
23-05-11, 12:25
What are you referring to pete? Banded steels or what?

Yeh. Like I like it, but now they're everywhere!

twailbait
23-05-11, 12:41
Yeh. Like I like it, but now they're everywhere!

I don't agree with that, show me one picture of another mx5 with steels on It other than mine?!

twailbait
23-05-11, 12:43
This man is doing it right so! Good job. If I had one, stupid arches, rear bumper chop and diffuser, bgw, and other rediculous stuff that people don't do :D

I'm sorry pete but that's exactly what is done?! And that's where your getting them ideas pete, because you look at pictures of them On the net! Nothing original about that!

Loaf
23-05-11, 13:07
maybe they are common down the country but not 1 car has them here.

twailbait
23-05-11, 13:10
maybe they are common down the country but not 1 car has them here.

There's two mx5's on steelies on this site!

PeterT
23-05-11, 13:12
There's two mx5's on steelies on this site!

Nearly 3 going by this, out of 4 mx5s on the site :D anyways, enough of me I'm just a lifestyler hippy :)

Loaf
23-05-11, 13:22
Trixtas is the only one i've seen pics of. If I could afford to get some works equip 01's I would.

The whole point of me buying this car was that its supposed to be a cheap drifter. One set of wheels would blow my budget for the whole thing.

B.Egan
23-05-11, 19:30

I'm sorry pete but that's exactly what is done?! And that's where your getting them ideas pete, because you look at pictures of them On the net! Nothing original about that!

Simple fact is pretty much everything is done on pretty much every japaneese car that is pre 00. Its near impossible to be truly original, and yet vitally also make it look decent. Generally ppl, including myself, take various different bits or ideas off cars that they like and find on the internet somewhere, and combine them into something that is their own, or just even the same as the base car.

But its also funny how nobody ever comments on 86s (which are my first love of course) that they are just copying other ppl. I mean a person puts wats, ssr's etc on a cam, lowered and maybe a goodline front bumper or something and they would never get a comment of "its getting boring" lol. Petes right, but the mx5 is still nowhere as bad as most of the other more popular jap models, although its starting to get there imo. Steelies could become the new xxrs! Although it must be said that made steel wheels and banded steel wheels arent the same.

At the end of the day build a car the way you want or can afford to. I wanted mine when I first got it to look decent. Nothing special but cool enough and cheap to do. The spun steel wheels, rear ducktail, and hardtop cost me maybe just over 1k. Paint has cost me maybe E50. Everything else I have spent on stuff to make it perform and handle etc. So now since all that is nearly sorted, or atleast alot of the main stuff, I can start actually making it how I originally wanted a year and a half ago. The two cars I'll be taking inspiration from are along your lines Pete, I've been following one of their blogs for a long long time now. But we'll be hoping to make our own custom overfenders if possible, instead of going the traditional bolt on arches route. All depends on wheels of course, and epic wheels in 4x100 15" arent easy to find.............hence full circle back to this thread!!

Dave
30-05-11, 06:12
off topic sorry but, trixta, where did you get your hardtop? I'm finding it really hard to get one!