PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Thread?

Administrator
18-05-11, 11:47
Just got a few PMs regarding the amount of dodgy dealings happening, and one suggesting some sort of feedback thread. I don't really fancy having a rating system on the site to be honest but was wondering if a feedback thread would suffice?

With the amount of parts being sold on here of late, perhaps its time?

It would take the form of a thread whereby you post with your feedback, and the original post is updated with a list of dodgy and non-dodgy characters?

Thoughts please

gem-s13
18-05-11, 11:51
good job!!

slithertooth
18-05-11, 11:52
Excellent idea, just something simple though, nothing that will drag up personal remarks etc,

way2fastforu
18-05-11, 11:54
i thinks its a very good idea an is needed tbh...alot lads buy on here goin by pic of a part an paypal the money to the seller an get them to post the parts
ya cant really be 100% sure till you get the part your not gettin ripped off
feed back on dodgy an genuine sellers is only a good thing for the site

japman2202
18-05-11, 12:01
Where do i start :huh:

PeterT
18-05-11, 12:32
Needed. And the 100 post limit we need back mr d!!

Maybe a poll, and people click when they've had a bad experience?!

Tekno Twinky
18-05-11, 12:58
Where do i start :huh:

By doing the right thing and returning me my money and ending this bulshit rather than thiefing it. Very simple.

I for one will never ever send money to anyone again unless i know them very well and they can be trusted as a friend that way there can be no problems. Also collect parts in person, its a sure way to know exactly what your getting because people cant be trusted anymore no matter how well you might think you know them even if they appear friendly over the internet!

Joe
18-05-11, 13:38
Poll would be best, feedback thread would be pointless as people would have to go though pages and pages to find good/bad info

Kruizer
18-05-11, 13:49
Why not a sub forum, everyone could then start their thread with their username in the title vrs the other member ie twink vrs japman (just an example, no offence intended)

nikkisixx69
18-05-11, 14:01
Why not a sub forum, everyone could then start their thread with their username in the title vrs the other member ie twink vrs japman (just an example, no offence intended)

very good idea!

Kruizer
18-05-11, 14:14
Like I'm not gonna read 20 pages of a thread every time I buy something on the site, where as a simple title with usernames would be quick and easy, we both parties voicing there version of things you could then make up your own mind on each person without being unfair...

PeterT
18-05-11, 14:15
Dont think that would work as you'd be reading pages of abuse and wouldn't know who's on the wrong etc. If u can clearly see who is getting a bad name in a poll or whatever, then you know who to be careful around!

nikkisixx69
18-05-11, 14:21
Dont think that would work as you'd be reading pages of abuse and wouldn't know who's on the wrong etc. If u can clearly see who is getting a bad name in a poll or whatever, then you know who to be careful around!

that would be one big ass pole!

jdmjimmy
18-05-11, 14:31

That's shite it's not a boxing forum.how about the feedback watever way it's done is then tagged to ur user profile

Eg
Jdmjimmy 99% positive feedback
Then the reason(s) for the 1% negative or 10% or whatever

PeterT
18-05-11, 14:32
Just add names as they come up as an issue! And people can click and give a reason why when they have an issue with someone already up!

Kruizer
18-05-11, 14:39
That's shite it's not a boxing forum.how about the feedback watever way it's done is then tagged to ur user profile

Eg

It gives each party a chance to put their case forward, maybe not vrs but it was just an example lad, could use just the name of the person who has done wrong in the other persons opinion...

Cezeli
18-05-11, 17:00
on rallyforums.com they have a "thanks" system. If someone looks at that persons profile they can see what thread they got thanked on. So if someone gets thanked in a "forsale" thread whoever is buying from them can see they are a good seller - the seller should even ask whoever bought from them to leave a "thanks" so it can improve their rating.

You are also able to see who thanked who for what - its upto you then to decide whether you want to go further with the transaction.

Maybe changing the person's title after a certain number of thanks is a good idea - instead of being called a "Senior Member" it changes to "Trusted Seller" - or something like that.

I dunno how it would be implemented but rallyforums is a vBulletin forum too :)

bob2222
18-05-11, 17:04
something is needed anyways!!
but your always going to have people give out so fella could get bad feed back from person who didnt see mark on alloy till he got home or wasnt 6mm of thread on tyre etc etc

Cezeli
18-05-11, 17:12
Does that not mean then people need to be very honest about what they are selling and very detailed. I know you will always get someone who takes the hump - if you use the thanks system you cant leave bad feedback you can only thank - if someone wants to leave bad feedback they have to write a post to explain why - again upto the buyer who is looking at the thread to decide whether to pursue the buying of the item.

suislide
18-05-11, 17:58
i think a feedback rating system ie the way ebay rate their sellers could only be good for the site ,coz let face it some people are just out to rip people off

Aidan Hogan
18-05-11, 18:33
I'll start something here anyway :
I gave a window reg and a drivers window and a few little bits to Ste and I would defo deal with him again as he chose the most convinient place for me to meet him and he's bang on. Great buyer :cool: :afro:
Didnt regret giving them away for free as he was completely sound and gives DI a good name for its members :D

Fredericks Balls
18-05-11, 19:24
a feedback thing would be hard to make work correctly. In 100 transactions which are all perfect you might only get 25 good reports. Therefore the odd issue will look much worse. In an ideal world though it would be very handy

ste
18-05-11, 19:26
I'll start something here anyway :
I gave a window reg and a drivers window and a few little bits to Ste and I would defo deal with him again as he chose the most convinient place for me to meet him and he's bang on. Great buyer :cool: :afro:
Didnt regret giving them away for free as he was completely sound and gives DI a good name for its members :D

cheers lad, pleasure meeting you :)

Prodrifter86
18-05-11, 23:36
think its a great idea.. but i think a system like where u can click for a good seller can be used in a different. simply as if some1 is friends with another person they could click positive seller and they didnt buy anything.. same as if some1 doesnt like you on the forum and has nothing to do with selling parts etc. they cud giv you false feedback

i think a system has to be done and where if some1 gives you negative feedback. they HAVE too write a comment on exactly why.... and same for Postitive....

si_berry
19-05-11, 07:39
I don't even think the forum software DI is using supports that stuff! Don't think it's going to happen

richy
19-05-11, 07:56
Does this forum software not support a "reputation" points function?

si_berry
19-05-11, 08:39
Does this forum software not support a "reputation" points function?

Ye after googlizing, there seems to be one for this version after all. But sure, the site will be down for week if they start messing with it :D:D:D:kiss::kiss:

Dave
19-05-11, 21:38
i reckon the opinion poll would be the best like ebay that way you will avoid pages and pages of dribble.
The feedback would need to be protected though so that the member couldnt register a million times and leaving himself more feedback with the different usernames.

insejn
19-05-11, 22:44
this is needed. big time. and i think a private area with a few better known lads on it would be good too - to discuss members in question and stuff

johnbro
20-05-11, 09:27
Bought some super cheap side skirts and a rear bumper off Dennis Healy.
Sound lad :wink: 100%
Reccomended

p.s this thread fails, it's more shite talk than feedback:wink:
posts without feedback should be deleted.
It's a good idea tho, all the japman style nissan doctor threads should be banned from the site.

si_berry
20-05-11, 09:33
Bought some super cheap side skirts and a rear bumper off Dennis Healy.
Sound lad :wink: 100%
Reccomended

Had my eye on those!! The only month funds are low, couldn't get them

johnbro
20-05-11, 09:37
Had my eye on those!! The only month funds are low, couldn't get them

Hahahaha He did say sum1 else was interested.
I need them more Lol;)

si_berry
20-05-11, 11:06
Hahahaha He did say sum1 else was interested.
I need them more Lol;)

Ye seriously sound price, Dennis is the man. Ya Prick :P :cool::D:o:kiss::kiss:

danS14
20-05-11, 12:25
Just wanna say a big thanks to everyone who helped me get my money back from johnny.....ye know who ye are.....pure legends!!! A feedback thread would hopefully stop this sort of thing happening.

danny86
20-05-11, 12:26
Just wanna say a big thanks to everyone who helped me get my money back from johnny.....ye know who ye are.....pure legends!!! A feedback thread would hopefully stop this sort of thing happening.

jasus fair play on gettin your money back..:wink:

Scamper
20-05-11, 12:31
Few ive dealt with in recent times that were spot on, and a pleasure to deal with:

Ste
Famous JH
Carpo
LorcanD
200sx Slider
Tweek
180sx Breaker
Drifter
Yowdy/Bart
s13 Drifter

Just thought id throw that out there.

insejn
20-05-11, 13:05
this is not a feedback thread lads yet, stop posting names of your lovers :afro:

save it for the real , proper thread

johnbro
20-05-11, 13:25
this is not a feedback thread lads yet, stop posting names of your lovers :afro:

save it for the real , proper thread

Oh rite, where is it so???

Mick K
05-06-11, 20:20
Can we get a cap on posts in order to post for sale threads?
I know this guy was once a trader on here and paid his dues then but should the likes of Christy or Tom wanted to Continue trading they would have to pay,Now correct me if Im wrong but this guy is no longer paying fees.

Have a look at this shit,Nothing to offer but FS threads.
http://www.driftireland.com/forum/search.php?searchid=122935

git
05-06-11, 20:25
i got nutn there mick

Davie
05-06-11, 22:19
This could get messy, I'm owed money off plenty on here and never expect to get it back, i also have been ripped off by plenty on here but I won't be arsed mentioning names in a feedback thread, because if You start pointing fingers and telling half of stories,people jump on the bandwagon and the keyboard warriors are happy

you'll need some hardcore evidence before naming and shaming people or a high court judge to decide what's what

Diesel-Dick
05-06-11, 22:50
i got nutn there mick

x2! :huh:

Famous jh
05-06-11, 22:54
x2! :huh:

i got nutn there mick

x69 xxxx :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

180sxbreaker
05-06-11, 23:03
Few ive dealt with in recent times that were spot on, and a pleasure to deal with:

Ste
Famous JH
Carpo
LorcanD
200sx Slider
Tweek
180sx Breaker
Drifter
Yowdy/Bart
s13 Drifter

Just thought id throw that out there.

cheers for puttin my name up there i've dealt wit u few times and your always spot on to pay etc..even tho i was planning gettin out of the game i just can't seem to
sumthing is needed here tho and i like brendans idea if i'm honest...cause if ya see ( 180sxbreaker v scamper) for example your goin to check it out if u had planned to get sum parts off me or sell some stuff to scamper

kruizer ftw:D

Fredericks Balls
26-08-11, 18:12
I've no idea if its because of language in sigs, or all the stupid tags these days but because I dont have any laptops ATM I try and log on from work.

Of the 21 forum sections (excluding the trader sections) I can get into about 6. The rest are all blocked because of language. And those I can get into I can usually get into less than 50% of the threads for the same reason. I have no issue with any other normal website/forum (even driftworks).

It's pointless being on this nowadays when ye can't even access it! Anyone else have this issue?

serious tom
27-08-11, 14:02
This could get messy, I'm owed money off plenty on here and never expect to get it back, i also have been ripped off by plenty on here but I won't be arsed mentioning names in a feedback thread, because if You start pointing fingers and telling half of stories,people jump on the bandwagon and the keyboard warriors are happy

you'll need some hardcore evidence before naming and shaming people or a high court judge to decide what's what

Davie has been more than 100% with me.!
Very sound man who deserves to be sorted out!

Jay Rockett
29-08-11, 18:09
I've no idea if its because of language in sigs, or all the stupid tags these days but because I dont have any laptops ATM I try and log on from work.

Of the 21 forum sections (excluding the trader sections) I can get into about 6. The rest are all blocked because of language. And those I can get into I can usually get into less than 50% of the threads for the same reason. I have no issue with any other normal website/forum (even driftworks).

It's pointless being on this nowadays when ye can't even access it! Anyone else have this issue?

It must be just the web blocking software that the computer you're using has? The computers we have in work have software that stops access to certain sites and pages but its never stopped me from accessing any area of di..?!

boost-addict
13-09-11, 10:03
Only person I've officially dealt with on the site so far is Pepsterx. He was dead sound, went out of his way to store parts for me that he could of sold to someone else in a heartbeat and even threw in a little extra for me to sweeten the deal - I'd use him again in a heartbeat... In fact, I have already arranged another deal with him :p

I've also spoken to & arranged a deal with SC86 who, again, is dead sound and set up to meet me somewhere half an hour away from his place even though I said i'd be willing to pay for delivery.

So far nothing but good news :wink:

keith-n
13-09-11, 10:45
The Misc parts for sale section on Vagdrivers.net allows you to post a thread, but not recieve replies, except from mods/admin. You can't even post in your own thread after starting it.

I think a little section where-by if you have a problem with a deal You open a thread Titled "Keith-n has opened a dispute with Chuck-G

Inside i will say,

On thurs morning i recieved my stuff in the post from chuck-G, some old used tampons. I paid him what he was asking without any haggling. He took 3 weeks to post it, and when they arrived they were brand new tampons, not what i wanted at all. I've contacted him, and am getting no reply except when he told me he'd rape my cat.

The thread stays like this as nobody else can post in it. At such time when a solution has been sorted a specific Mod will be PM'D and he will Post he outcome to the thread.

Should no deal be brokered after 30days, the mod will simply put up, Unresolved, Strike against Chuck G.

Now, heres the complicated part,

How genuine are BUYERS?

I think the only way to do this and protect both buyers/sellers is if the seller has to follow a set format for selling.

All information, Honest and true. Pictures with every post. IF NO PROBLEMS ARE OUTLINED IN THE THREAD, then we can only assume he is selling as PERFECT BUT USED. Should there then be a problem, the buyer is automatically the winner.

3 STRIKES AND YOUR BANNED FROM POSTING IN THE FOR SALE SECTION FOR 3 MONTHS BOTH AS A BUYER AND SELLER.

After a few bans, it'll weed out any bad selling. Whatever about selling, not being able to buy is a pain in the balls.

si_berry
03-10-11, 19:12
Get rid of banner at the top of the page... "advertise with us" and add some google ads to it, will make the site a few quid.

Thought i'd just throw that out there

pole drift
25-10-12, 18:23
In the trading section you should create a sub section for wheels and tyres

BaileyR32
28-10-12, 22:36
Good idea, would be nice to know what people are like when your getting bits posted to you. But no idea the best way of going about it?? Few good idea been thrown out there but they all get a bit sticky somewhere along the way. Best of luck to the man who has to figure it out :)

RB26DETT
29-10-12, 18:23
In the trading section you should create a sub section for wheels and tyres

This!!

Also why not just have a section in your profile, If sale goes 100% have a thumbs up with the number of succesfull deals and if the there not happy a thumbs down with an explanation why.

Very simple and let people make up their own mind wether to go ahead with a deal or not.

daz
31-10-12, 02:58
i said near the same thing on another forum but it was denied.. :rolleyes:

Damien
22-11-12, 12:33
Could I suggest that a location requirement be added to the rules for the Classifieds section, as it's a bit of a pain to have to keep asking it.

rico180
22-11-12, 13:42

Eg

X2 .

suislide
di Member

feedback
i think a feedback rating system ie the way ebay rate their sellers could only be good for the site ,coz let face it some people are just out to rip people off

X2

grange
22-11-12, 18:06
x3

well needed. dont want to see newbs scammed and dont want to be caught out to be caught out again.

sideways-theonlyway
22-11-12, 18:17
x 4 on this

grange
08-12-12, 00:49
there should be free drink tomoro night :)