PDA

View Full Version : Steering question...

Jimmy
14-05-11, 10:22
Whats the story lads, when i do a full lock to the left an straighten up the car pulls to the left, and when i do a full lock right an straighten up it pulls to the right any ideas what needs replacing there?

And the steering wheel makes a weird noise when your turning it like its stiff or something havent a clue why?

Jay Rockett
14-05-11, 10:32
Wheel alignment is off..? And have you an after market boss kit holding your steering wheel on, and its rubbing somewhere making that noise while turning?? Or a wire for a horn or airbag rubbing something?

Jimmy
14-05-11, 12:46
Wheel alignment is off..? And have you an after market boss kit holding your steering wheel on, and its rubbing somewhere making that noise while turning?? Or a wire for a horn or airbag rubbing something?

I thought it was the wheel alignment but would that not pull to just one side if it was off?

ye theres an aftermarket boss alright but it doesnt sound like thats the problem its so loud sometimes sounds like its the steering rack or something

Jerry C
14-05-11, 21:12
power steering pump going??

crazypotato
15-05-11, 01:26
check your steering and suspensio for excessive play .Possibly worn ball joints steering arms or suspension bushes or rack itself

Jay Rockett
15-05-11, 13:08
If both wheels are toe'd out you'll find the car will drive the exact way your describing.. Is it a whining/grating sort of noise? That could be your power-steering pump, check your fluid level.. Or as said above, it could be worn ball-joints, track-rod ends, bushes etc!

Keith_200SX
15-05-11, 16:55
Whats the story lads, when i do a full lock to the left an straighten up the car pulls to the left, and when i do a full lock right an straighten up it pulls to the right any ideas what needs replacing there?

And the steering wheel makes a weird noise when your turning it like its stiff or something havent a clue why?

you have top shock bushes worn. what happens is when ya turn one way full lock and return to the straight ahead position the top bush hold the spring on the strut and givin u a pull, now if u have a pull to the left try flick the steering right and she should go straight, seen it alot on vans,