PDA

View Full Version : bhp

shay
23-09-09, 11:12
any1 any idea wat bhp a bmw 325i wud put out as standard!!and wud it be worth while fitting strut braces front and rear!also problem when runnin she sounds like she misin from start up the revs drop and she rises and falls on the rev counter?

PeterT
23-09-09, 11:22
whens the last time its been serviced? maybe need new plugs. also strut braces can never be a bad thing, sure why not.

for power, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=shay%27s+325+bmw+bhp

shay
23-09-09, 11:35
i just done full service on it and theres a n induction kit going on and homade exhaust with no back box just two straight pipes!

rancido64
23-09-09, 11:49
what is it? e30? e36?

e30 325i puts out 170bhp iirc

nissan_doctor
23-09-09, 11:58
i just done full service on it and theres a n induction kit going on and homade exhaust with no back box just two straight pipes!

What benefit do you see in that?

No back box = no back pressure, which on an N/A means less torque and power!:rolleyes:

shay
23-09-09, 12:04
its an e36!sure it wud be more free flowing get the gasses out quicker

Dunnedriftin
23-09-09, 12:07

but no back pressure which means loss of power :rolleyes:

think nissan doctor knows what hes talking about here, he dosnt work on cars and not know anything about them!!

shay
23-09-09, 12:17
alri so im actualy lossing power then sory bou dat didn quite understand thanx for advise lads!!im only just getting to grips with the tunnig aspect of things ive got a lng way ta go but plenty of time im still young!!

rancido64
23-09-09, 13:06

backpressure gets the gasses out quicker, it works under the principles of a vacuum pulling the gasses through iirc

according to wikipedia (can't be garunteed to be 100% accurate) it's 189bhp

nissan_doctor
23-09-09, 14:06

Getting the gasses out quicker can be of benifit to turbo cars as it allows the turbo to spool up quicker, but they still need back pressure.

If you want an exhaust and induction kit tha will actually be of benefit then get ones made by reputable companies and designed for your car.

shay
24-09-09, 17:18
Getting the gasses out quicker can be of benifit to turbo cars as it allows the turbo to spool up quicker, but they still need back pressure.

If you want an exhaust and induction kit tha will actually be of benefit then get ones made by reputable companies and designed for your car.

Ok thanks a million lads much apreciated cheers for the info!!