PDA

View Full Version : PRODRIFT Freestyle Competition Round 2 Fermoy

pole drift
28-04-11, 15:21
PRODRIFT Freestyle Competition

Graham asked me to do this.

The purpose of a freestyle drifting competition is to give drivers a platform to display their car control skills in a safe fun environment.

Entries
Rear wheel drive class only.

Arena
Designated scoring zone/area

Format
1 car in the arena at any 1 time
Each car will be given 1 minute to impress the judges
A 3 man judging panel will each issue a score of 1 to 10. Maximum score of 30
Competitors will earn points on control, flair(showmanship), presentation, difficulty of routine and timing.
The driver with the highest score wins
In the event of a tie the drivers will run again.
Each run should be to a song chosen by the driver.
Once the allocated minute is over the driver will be flagged to stop.
He then awaits his score from the judges.
No passengers permitted.
No cage required
Onboard fire extinguisher compulsory
No fluid leaks of any kind tolerated
Final to be between 2 drivers during top 16 semi final and final.

Skills
Figure of 8
To drift the car in a figure of 8

Salute
Popping the car on the limiter while saluting the crowd

Burnout
Smoking the tyres. (no standing burnouts permitted)

Wall tap
Running the back of the car close to the wall

Slingshot
Throwing the car backwards at the wall slowing the car with throttle only

Donoughts
Drifting the car in a circular motion

Etc etc

This is the basis from which the freestyle championship will develop.
All drivers will be encouraged to come up with new skills and techniques. When a driver comes up with a new skill they get to name it.

All ideas and input will be taken on board.

For entries and info please contact Joe
josephdfahy@gmail.com

Regards
PD

damo86
28-04-11, 16:36
this is a waste of time with the team drift aswell

chrisbrady325
28-04-11, 16:44
enjoyment value i'd be going along with the team train drift... didnt see the freestyle comp at round 1, but going by a few mates watching they said it was like a free for all lol.. team trains last year was great fun to watch! execpt make the teams bigger even.. 6-8 car train :)

damo86
28-04-11, 16:47
as far as i know the team train is on too, which why i said this is a waste of time:D

Robbie Daly Ps13
28-04-11, 17:56
This is bollocks.....! What is it the more you wreck your car the more points you get.....!

Popping your car off the limiter while suluting to the crowd.....! Like WTF are yas for real.......!

Bollocks
Bollocks
Bollocks
Bollocks
Bollocks
Bollocks

Kaleb180
28-04-11, 18:32
Had to be the most boaring thing to watch at ennis !

Team drift for the win .... Way more interesting to watch ! :D

git
28-04-11, 19:07
what robbie daly said

Quealy
29-04-11, 02:55
This is bollocks.....! What is it the more you wreck your car the more points you get.....!

Popping your car off the limiter while suluting to the crowd.....! Like WTF are yas for real.......!

Bollocks
Bollocks
Bollocks
Bollocks
Bollocks
Bollocks

Well at least daly is being open minded about it... ;)

PeterT
29-04-11, 08:27
It went down shit at round 1, wtf is the point in wasting people's time with this bullshit?

tweek
29-04-11, 08:42

Bollocks
Bollocks
Bollocks
Bollocks
Bollocks
Bollocks
Who said anything about wrecking your car gaining more points....???Aren't you the man who said if your afraid of damaging your car leave it in the carpark (or something along those lines) when the thread about foam blocks was brought up

I think prodrift should just stick to the drifting and the team drift and forget about this.

ian g sr20
29-04-11, 09:22
it was aload of shit at round 1 few lads doing wide donuts wtf!! o and their was a few was clips or wait a few quater panels lost in the wall, pure waste of time id perfer not to watch it..

ciandon
29-04-11, 16:20
Aye to be fair it looked poor alright really. An organized team display between groups of drivers would look much better with routines and stuff than just glorified single diffing really. Fail that, set up a few bollards in the huge area they have at rounds like Fermoy, Ennis and Punchestown and BOOM you've got Gymkhana. Might even bring in driver like all different disciplines to show they're stuff eg. Autotesters, Rally, ITCC, RallyCross etc.

Spartacus
30-04-11, 00:25
Gymkana as Ciandon said, although I know ye probably wouldn't want to take away from what ye are promoting that is Drifting.

If ye are looking to fill a time gap then look into other forms of extreme sports, stunt bike's or some stuff.

I must say though that the Team Drift did go down well last year.

dil
21-05-11, 22:25
have to say i think its a waste of time to be honest, was seriously boring at round one, even left early because this had me sick of it:confused::confused: