PDA

View Full Version : Hydralic Handbrake

Midnight
21-09-09, 16:05
What you guys find the best,reliabilty wise and easy fitment.

retro head
21-09-09, 18:13
nixon on the site here has a few for sale supposed to be good quality,theres any amount of lever setups but as for cylinders girling are supposed to be best,heard a few bad reports about k-sport handbrakes among other parts ,although some people will swear by them

nixon001
22-09-09, 09:22
Howeya!as John said the cylindersare the important bit,the ones I hav are wilwood cylindrs
,prob one of the best around.there easy to install nd are very reliable..my ones are sold by Murray motorsports and dritworks-boh very repuaable companies so..grab a bargain at 130e!!!!!

retro head
22-09-09, 18:30
Howeya!as John said the cylindersare the important bit,the ones I hav are wilwood cylindrs

yeah wilwood i should have said theyd be very common,girling proabably not so much so

Midnight
22-09-09, 21:18
,prob one of the best around.there easy to install nd are very reliable..my ones are sold by Murray motorsports and dritworks-boh very repuaable companies so..grab a bargain at 130e!!!!!
Any pics of them.i have to buy spare wheels this month so could be next month depending on budget,
Whats involved in fitting them,what do they replace or what comes in a package?

nixon001
22-09-09, 23:19
Eg to be honest lad these will be all gone by den,iv only 2 left so... Der handy enuf to fit,bolt on nd plum into the rear brake lines,,u can keep ur original hbrake if yawant so ders not too much stripping involved..wat car is it?

Newsome
23-09-09, 09:15
Eg to be honest lad these will be all gone by den,iv only 2 left so... Der handy enuf to fit,bolt on nd plum into the rear brake lines,,u can keep ur original hbrake if yawant so ders not too much stripping involved..wat car is it?

I think i asked before about the fitting of these but how easy are they to do and would they put presure back on the brake master cylinder when plumbed in?

retro head
23-09-09, 17:03
I think i asked before about the fitting of these but how easy are they to do and would they put presure back on the brake master cylinder when plumbed in?

if its plumbed in wrong then yeah you bet! dunno bout them silly nissans but on a cam theres a single line goin to the back and basically you tap into this so your hyro is in line with the brake system,not t ed of it but in line ,im not very good at explaining so look up the newbies section on driftworks and theyve a faq for hydro handjobs

way2fastforu
23-09-09, 18:30
on nissans its basically into the rear line out on the master cylinder into the hydro wand an out of that into a t piece by ur diff that goes off to either caliper...simples :D

Midnight
24-09-09, 16:52
Its a S13,its all striped out so wouldnt worry about that.Can you fit them in vertical position,ive seen most guys with them like that must be easier to use having it more or less in front of you.

Have to get wheels as no.1priority mate,ill contact you again wen i have a few bob,if you are outa stock then it won't be the end of the world.

how long would it take usually to fit them.

nixon001
25-09-09, 20:56
perfect! ye these are adjustable, verticle and horizontal.. ye sure giv me a whistle wen it comes to it nd il c wat i can do!! eh, depends entirley on whos doin it!!