PDA

View Full Version : Costom turbo work

Barry
24-05-09, 21:52
Rite myself, andy, and darragh where having a chat about this on the way home yesterday, there was a lad with an s14(bit of a knob) who had a t28 turbo(standard), but he welded the internal waste gate shut and put an external waste gate onto it, he reconed he double the power outve the turbo, were not tubby experts so what do ye think.

Stevo
24-05-09, 21:59
Think hes gonna be buying another turbo off team recession busters fairly soon:p

Dunnedriftin
24-05-09, 23:52
sounds like a loada tripe to me lads....

but im no expert!

Barry
24-05-09, 23:59
but im no expert!

Dont feel to bad neither are we:D

nissan_doctor
25-05-09, 00:26
I've heard of it being done before on starlets but its such a bandit move.
Turbo's are designed for flow, thats what they do, if you block the flow and expect the air to turn around and find somewhere else(the welded on external wastegate) to exit it leads to serious turbulance inside the turbo and manifold and ultimatly turbo stall and damage.

As for doubling the power of the turbo? The wastegate has nothing to do with how much power the turbo can produce, it just controls pressure release not how strong the turbo is!

Stevo
25-05-09, 00:30
Turbo's are designed for flow, thats what they do, if you block the flow and expect the air to turn around and find somewhere else(the welded on external wastegate) to exit it leads to serious turbulance inside the turbo and manifold and ultimatly turbo stall and damage.

As for doubling the power of the turbo? The wastegate has nothing to do with how much power the turbo can produce, it just controls pressure release not how strong the turbo is!

From the Super doc himself point proved:D gud man paul:cool:

Now name and shame this lad barry:p:)

Barry
25-05-09, 00:42

I knew someone would have an answer, cheers for that:D
@stevo - i dont know him he not a DI head but he won the day:D

Stevo
25-05-09, 00:44
I knew someone would have an answer, cheers for that:D
@stevo - i dont know him he not a DI head but he won the day:D

Bahahaha suttle i like it barry:D

nissan_doctor
25-05-09, 00:45
From the Super doc himself point proved:D gud man paul:cool:

Now name and shame this lad barry:p:)

lol!:D

I'm hearing alot of this sort of mcdonalds car park tuning lately, a side effect of the recession maybe?

Barry
25-05-09, 00:51
lol!:D

I'm hearing alot of this sort of mcdonalds car park tuning lately, a side effect of the recession maybe?

Haha must be ah he seemed like a bit of a nob but he was getting great power, whatever he had done

nissan_doctor
25-05-09, 00:57
Haha must be ah he seemed like a bit of a nob but he was getting great power, whatever he had done

Its easy to make power, its making reliable power that defines a good car.

Barry
25-05-09, 01:02
Its easy to make power, its making reliable power that defines a good car.

Thats deep man, thats deep............I agree thats what im trying to do with this tezza

serious tom
25-05-09, 01:17
did ya see him after his last run, he did a moving burnout into his parkin space :p
not wise :p

1400hp skylines aint just made over nite ;)
reliablity takes time :p