PDA

View Full Version : Kill / Battery Cut Off Switch

Dunnedriftin
20-09-09, 22:34
Right, i need a bita help...

i have a 2 pole kill switch here, i have the battery running through it so far.

Ovbiously when i turn it off when the engine it running its not going to kill all power when its running as the altinator is supplying power.

How do i kill it fully when the kill switch is pulled/turned off? Will i take the main wire (+) of the altinator and run it through the switch (i unplugged it when the car is running, the wire and it kills everything). Also does it matter which end i take it, from the altinator end or the just out of the fuse tray.

OR

Will i find the Ignition Switch and run that through the Switch?

Try keep it simple and easy to understand lads... no complicated stuff :D Also only info that is 110% right, and not try this, or maby that, etc...

Thanks
Colm

pt_y2k
21-09-09, 12:47
You need to get one of the switches with a diode in it...looks the same as your ordinary switch except it has 4 push on connections on it also...Find the wire for your charging light at either your clocks or alternator and put it through it,one side going to "1" on the switch the other going to "2" on the switch ,it does matter which way these connect as there is a diode in the switch which will only allow current flow in one direction so watch this...Also kill your main earth lead rather than your positive,much safer in the case of an accident if the back poles of the switch happen to get pushed up against the body of the car...;) hope this sorts ya out...:0