PDA

View Full Version : e46 320d engine 2002

juice
21-04-11, 14:50
My mate needs a bare engine for his bmw, getting mad quote off the usuall breakers, anyone on here know where theres one going handy or have any good contacts??? Needs this yesterday.

Thanks.

DaveM-sport
21-04-11, 16:30
I know where there's one. I'll give him a shout there to see if he still has it.
He would be able to courier it to you if your very stuck for time too.

I'm guessing the swirl flaps are after making bits of the old engine?

juice
21-04-11, 18:43
I know where there's one. I'll give him a shout there to see if he still has it.
He would be able to courier it to you if your very stuck for time too.

I'm guessing the swirl flaps are after making bits of the old engine?

could be the fanny flaps for all i know about it :D

if you could find out that would be great.

twailbait
21-04-11, 18:45
Think gem might have one!

gem-s13
21-04-11, 19:41
Think gem might have one!

nope thats a 04 its 150bhp, and its completly fucked from them stupid swwerl flaps breaking off!!

POC
21-04-11, 21:01
Is it possible to prevent this swirl flappy issue?
Have a 04 320cd!

gem-s13
21-04-11, 21:04
Is it possible to prevent this swirl flappy issue?
Have a 04 320cd!

yes take them out asap!!!!!! my bros car only had 90k miles and the fuckers broke up and destroyed it!!

simple job take off the inlet mani remove all the flaps you will see when you have it off then cut the little rod they are mounted on and pull it out of the holder then tread in a bolt to the hole to blosck it off, leave all the actuator and vacume pipes the same way you took them off so it thinks they are still there, it make absolutly no diffrance wit them gone

ian g sr20
21-04-11, 21:30
yes take them out asap!!!!!! my bros car only had 90k miles and the fuckers broke up and destroyed it!!

simple job take off the inlet mani remove all the flaps you will see when you have it off then cut the little rod they are mounted on and pull it out of the holder then tread in a bolt to the hole to blosck it off, leave all the actuator and vacume pipes the same way you took them off so it thinks they are still there, it make absolutly no diffrance wit them gone

when these flaps then are taking out does it make any differnece to the way the car drives as the flaps are their to change the shape of the manifold to get the air into the engine quicker etc under diff loads, ?

gem-s13
21-04-11, 21:40
when these flaps then are taking out does it make any differnece to the way the car drives as the flaps are their to change the shape of the manifold to get the air into the engine quicker etc under diff loads, ?

it makes no diffrance that you can feel driveing any way lad id say if you put it on a dyno it may have a diffrant tourqe curve from stock, but would you rather leave them there like a ticking bomb to spend 1400euro on a new engine or just pull them out for peace of mind and maybe have a small tourqe loss for posibly 2-300rpm

my bros car is a 04 320cd 150bhp model and late 03 bmw changed the flap desine to bigger stronger ones witch it had fitted! and they still broke off and destroyed the engine it would have needed 4 valves a new head, a new piston, a new block that would be an awful lot of money off bmw as the manifold alone is 470euro+vat trade i got him a second hand engine with 85k on it for 1400euro and removerd the flaps before ftting it

ian g sr20
21-04-11, 21:49
it makes no diffrance that you can feel driveing any way lad id say if you put it on a dyno it may have a diffrant tourqe curve from stock, but would you rather leave them there like a ticking bomb to spend 1400euro on a new engine or just pull them out for peace of mind and maybe have a small tourqe loss for posibly 2-300rpm

my bros car is a 04 320cd 150bhp model and late 03 bmw changed the flap desine to bigger stronger ones witch it had fitted! and they still broke off and destroyed the engine it would have needed 4 valves a new head, a new piston, a new block that would be an awful lot of money off bmw as the manifold alone is 470euro+vat trade i got him a second hand engine with 85k on it for 1400euro and removerd the flaps before ftting it

im not arhuaring with the fact of taking them out atal was just courious bout does it make any difference to the driving that u would notice.. ya the newer design stuff never works either thel always keep doin it same as the ford mondeo uses the plastic flaps the they fall off the bar and down into the cylinder .

gem-s13
21-04-11, 21:55
ah ye sorry lad i didnt mean to be ignorant there i knew what you were saying just the way i worded it, ye and bmw left in metal flaps!! a buddy of mine owns a fairly big top end car garage near me and any td bmw that comes in for sales he takes out the flaps after 3 warenty claims its the safest way,

i will say i never drove the bros car much before it happend so i cant comment on before and after, but lots of people have doen it and said there is little or no diffrance