PDA

View Full Version : savage weekend for ennis!

MarkII
16-04-11, 12:40
best of luck to all drifting this week end @ ennis.
hope the podium is filled with 1jz!!!
wish i was out there with ye, might be back next year who knows!

Mick K
16-04-11, 13:12
McKeever and Ffrench nailing the wall so far! Jamie Rockett flying in a very standard car! Willis suffering from too much grip??

Awesome day,bring the suncream

lsd32
16-04-11, 13:46
Holy shit gem is absoutely on fire,running every wall.driver of the day for me so far

Mick K
16-04-11, 13:57
The above is correct too

Administrator
16-04-11, 14:27
McKeever and Ffrench nailing the wall so far! Jamie Rockett flying in a very standard car! Willis suffering from too much grip??

Awesome day,bring the suncream

Yeeeeeees! Standard power for the win!

Any updates guys?

Robbie Daly Ps13
16-04-11, 14:30
Keep me updated Mick.....! Sick I'm missing this....!

stones
16-04-11, 15:45
what time tomorrow lads??? how now roughly from cork to ennis??

Greg
16-04-11, 16:05
Gwan the boys!!!! Keep the updates coming Mick.

Prodrifter86
16-04-11, 16:06
Wayyy hayy keep her at it lads.....!!! mre updates plzzz

gem-s13
16-04-11, 19:42
It was i grand day. Until i got screwed over by pd! The 2 fucking rules they talked about at briefeing were 1. Strait line entrys only. Ie NO MANGEING. And 2. 5 min rule is at the waiting drivers call. First off the 5 min rule was not only broken by pd it was shatered! I sat on the line shouting for the clock to be started it was not turned on until 1 min 25 secs on my time wile i shouted for it to be started! The line marshal then came to my car and said sorry my mistake we will add 1min to the clock but even when it hit 4 mins at which stage it was 6 mins 25 on my clock they stil ran the battle???? And the lead driver broke the other rule! Big flick entry? Nearly stopping at the first corner leaving me with no ware to go only slam on the brakes causing me to spin! And then giveing the win to him. Plain and simple BULLSHIT ON THE PART OF PRODRIFT. would like to of had a fair event but that was well off lads they are your rules you made them maybe try useing them????

nikkisixx69
16-04-11, 19:59
It was i grand day. Until i got screwed over by pd! The 2 fucking rules they talked about at briefeing were 1. Strait line entrys only. Ie NO MANGEING. And 2. 5 min rule is at the waiting drivers call. First off the 5 min rule was not only broken by pd it was shatered! I sat on the line shouting for the clock to be started it was not turned on until 1 min 25 secs on my time wile i shouted for it to be started! The line marshal then came to my car and said sorry my mistake we will add 1min to the clock but even when it hit 4 mins at which stage it was 6 mins 25 on my clock they stil ran the battle???? And the lead driver broke the other rule! Big flick entry? Nearly stopping at the first corner leaving me with no ware to go only slam on the brakes causing me to spin! And then giveing the win to him. Plain and simple BULLSHIT ON THE PART OF PRODRIFT. would like to of had a fair event but that was well off lads they are your rules you made them maybe try useing them????

gem man you should have defo gotten through, you were the better driver!! also you had us in stiches today when you popped the boot of the 13, went to the van and pulled out this massive sledge hammer and said "this is my favorite tool in the van!" and then proceeded to beat out the quater! funny shit!

jay rockett and famous jh drove fucking unreal considering they were in satandish cars!

duane mckeever was a lunatic, the kid is possesed ! hes gonna go very far!

so so much great driving today , had a great day watchin it! burnt to fuck now thanks to mr sun

hunty_sideways
16-04-11, 20:43
Gem not goin against ya dude buy why did ya run the battle when you knew the 5 minute rule was broken ? And yes you did fair well to avoid hitting him ;)

gem-s13
16-04-11, 20:58
Gem not goin against ya dude buy why did ya run the battle when you knew the 5 minute rule was broken ? And yes you did fair well to avoid hitting him ;)

lad i was arguing that the time was up but they said it was not so i had no choice but to run and i dont like to win under that sort of thing. So i said id run and just try beat him on track not with a clock. But the entry he done i had no ware to go other than spin to avoid him.

lsd32
16-04-11, 21:07
lad i was arguing that the time was up but they said it was not so i had no choice but to run and i dont like to win under that sort of thing. So i said id run and just try beat him on track not with a clock. But the entry he done i had no ware to go other than spin to avoid him.

Looked to me that he brake checked ya gem,illegal imo,they will have to get brake lights on the front of the car roofs like fd if that shit is going to start!

kouki_kid
16-04-11, 21:28
Looked to me that he brake checked ya gem,illegal imo,they will have to get brake lights on the front of the car roofs like fd if that shit is going to start!

That's crap dude I work on this car and brake lights where working Gem
Can check them himself if he wants

Dunnedriftin
16-04-11, 21:29
sounds unfair in my oppinion! Gem your a sound lad and doubt your makin it up so prodrift better cop onto this or drivers wont be putting up with it!

Out of intrest who was the other driver? :cool:

LAGGER
17-04-11, 19:29

I cant believe a driver would come on here and start whinging about the 5 minute rule. you could see clearly that the lad in the other car had picked up a big plastic bollard and it was just a matter of ripping the yoke off. Some sportsman !

As for the spin it looked like he took you in too fast and you spun first and then he spun because he couldnt carry the speed either.

I thought you were driving well but i have no respect for a lad who tries to win on a 5 minute rule

Dunnedriftin
17-04-11, 19:42
I cant believe a driver would come on here and start whinging about the 5 minute rule. you could see clearly that the lad in the other car had picked up a big plastic bollard and it was just a matter of ripping the yoke off. Some sportsman !

As for the spin it looked like he took you in too fast and you spun first and then he spun because he couldnt carry the speed either.

I thought you were driving well but i have no respect for a lad who tries to win on a 5 minute rule

what part of what gem said did you not understand or get?? I dont remember him sayin he was tryin to win on the 5 min rule he was going by the rules like everyone should but he got bent over with a tub of vaseleane!! Gem is bang on sound lad and very fair, so dont come on here slating him! Hes well able to drive and wanted a fair competition!

skinnynphats200
17-04-11, 19:46

Mate in all fairness listen to what your saying, what are rules for and what is the definition of a rule??? I wasn't there but and im not gonna enter into a debate on here about but I agree here, I think he is 100% right, if that was me I would be fuckin pissed......because for starters what is the point in having rules in place if they are not adhered to especially by the people that put them there in the first place! Kind of an oxi moron isnt it?! and if you read here you would see that this is what he said.."and i dont like to win under that sort of thing. So i said id run and just try beat him on track not with a clock" so in all fairness he was bein a good sportsman about it..Edit; and got fucked over because of what sounds like PD chopping and changing to suit themselves

serious tom
17-04-11, 19:59
Im gona call on Gems side to this one. With out the mixed up opinions on page two of this thread, go back to Gems origional post.

Its not just being anal about the 5 minute rule, its about everything just falling apart around him and it lead to him being completely fucked over.

No worse feeling than knowing the big guys can choose what they do themselves. Especially when you play by the rules.
Makes ya feel like shit when ya play by the rules and then no matter what ya do it can just be taken away from ya.

I think this is what is being highlighted.

And Yes, I know its hard to keep everyone right, and its hard to make everything work... but come on... a bita disapline with the rules here.

@ This comment....

That's crap dude I work on this car and brake lights where working Gem
Can check them himself if he wants

What are you on about?
Gem didnt say a word about brake lights, it was other people commenting and inputing their unsupported opinion on the matter.
Im not trying to be a dick i'm just trying to show how Gem is being relatively restrained in his comments and its not him twisting words and stuff.

jonosilvia
17-04-11, 20:26

Lad you got slimed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brianh
17-04-11, 20:32
Lad you got slimed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The slime was on fire! Mike Fitzgerald said on the stand log onto driftireland for photos info and friendly banter, it's more like an agony aunt column , lighten up there's always next time

DaveM-sport
17-04-11, 20:51
you could see clearly that the lad in the other car had picked up a big plastic bollard and it was just a matter of ripping the yoke off.

Yep, it was more the track had to be repaired rather than a 5 minute rule for the car being broken down.
Reason the lead car spun after the transition is probably because he left the line with a flat front tyre that wasn't noticed with the drama trying to get off the bollard.

But its pretty pointless debating about something like this after the event is all done and dusted as it serves as nothing as only putting fuel on the fire if people are getting annoyed.
Let it go and look forward to round 2 I reckon.

gem-s13
17-04-11, 21:27
right lads this is not what i intendeed to happen when i posted, i dont want people say shit about brake lights and that sort of crap i am simply letting it be known im not one to take being screwed over!! i have no issue with the other driver my issue is with PRODRIFT, rules are rules, 2 were broken #1: time keeping. and #2: strait line entry. ill leave it at that till round 2.....................

and as i said to the other driver in the night club sat night, i have no problem with him or his car nothing and i also said if he or any one else said wanted the battle to be rerun properly fallowing the propper rules, i would be happy to show you what the out come would have been!

joey banana s14
17-04-11, 22:37
i agree with gem 100% here the rules were clearly broken it was a real shame he didnt get trough as in my opinion he is one of, if not the most entertaining driver out there i love everything about his driving style and attitude but the rules were clearly broken time keeping especially just hope to see him turn it around in fermoy;)

SWRC Wayne
18-04-11, 00:09
Any PRO results? Last I heard was UDC lads were killing all round them in qualifying ;)

gem-s13
18-04-11, 00:12
Any PRO results? Last I heard was UDC lads were killing all round them in qualifying ;)

1. Alan Sinnott
2. James Dean
3. Christy Carpenter
all pd top 3
4. Duane Mceever

serious tom
18-04-11, 00:20
Best of luck in Fermoy Gem!
What date is it?

MissSuz
18-04-11, 06:59
Best of luck in Fermoy Gem!
What date is it?

May 28th and 20th :D

bart
18-04-11, 08:00
1. Alan sinnott
2. James dean
3. Christy carpenter
all pd top 3
4. Duane mceever

i lol'd............!

pole drift
18-04-11, 08:57

If he just picked up a plastic bollard and it was just a matter of ripping it off, why did it take the strength of 7 people to get it off?? Gem isnt whinging, he's goin by the rules.

hunty_sideways
18-04-11, 09:10
1. Alan Sinnott
2. James Dean
3. Christy Carpenter
all pd top 3
4. Duane Mceever

Ha ha get in there gem lol;)

chrisb
18-04-11, 09:15
crazy weekend. really happy with the way the car went and first time on a track using walls as clipping points.

second time ive come up against rob and yet again we have to go 'one more time'

the man is a lunatic! and to quote him ''im just going to set my balls on the dash'' pmsl. and was gutted he had to do the two laps in seeded pro qualifying with no power steering and just miss out in a top 16 place

chris brady = legend...nothing further

dude
18-04-11, 09:26
prodrift has always been like this inconsistent judging and biassed decissions beging made but it has improved a lot over the last few years the trouble is driftin in the south of ireland is a one horse town if you want to drift in ireland you have to do pro drift and take the good with the bad or head up north to udc whats needed here is compitition to pro drift with new drift compititions with coverage as good as pro drift or anyone not happy with pro drift just do udc which is every bit as good as pro drift just doesnt have as big sponsership or coverage

git
18-04-11, 09:33
Yep, it was more the track had to be repaired rather than a 5 minute rule for the car being broken down.
Reason the lead car spun after the transition is probably because he left the line with a flat front tyre that wasn't noticed with the drama trying to get off the bollard.

But its pretty pointless debating about something like this after the event is all done and dusted as it serves as nothing as only putting fuel on the fire if people are getting annoyed.Let it go and look forward to round 2 I reckon.

i would of thought expressn what ya thought might help p.d the next time to be more on the ball or should i say clock as some of the head honchos are active here :)

chrisbrady325
18-04-11, 09:34
Mike Fitz and Dave yous guys are great together on that mic what a laugh! :D

Great Weekend Had!! Alot of Non Seeded Lads on the ball Saturday! GEM was on it great bit of driving by him a joy to watch! Chris Burrnet and Rob Barnett were flawless all day pitty they had to meet in battle would had loved to see both through to sunday as their driving was savage! Young Duane was on fire glad to see him compete down south im sure he will go really far this lad has great talent and the aggression to match!.. Chucky was going really well in his first comp in the new bmw im sure he will progress very far in non seeded this year, Jay Rockett in a standard 14 he drove the balls out of her cant wait to see him in his own car at round 2 :)

Onto Pro's Delighted For Alan Sinott this man deserved that win yesterday for simply be a crazy man behaind that wheel was over the moon to see him win, Great start to a great season for you Alan :) Barry, Dan and Wez were in top form yesterday with some great battles,

Was happy with my own outing at round 1, qualified 10th then at the line for super lap the ignition wire went on fire (raging) which put me straight into 16th place due to missing super lap.. but thanks to everyone for helping Damien Mulvey and Co. only for ye's lads i wouldnt have been back out in top 16.. It was a hard battle against colfer.. im only coming to grips with the car still but had brilliant fun battling nigel and loosing panels in the process lol car.. went well, no major faults, so im happy out! roll on Round 2!!

Big thanks to all who helped me over the weekend and to my girlfriend who did a great job on keeping my mind focused and my car gleaming, a wee star :)

duane-drift
18-04-11, 09:41
one of the best battles of the day chris and colfer i could nat splt the both of them wel done chris :D

chrisbrady325
18-04-11, 09:48
one of the best battles of the day chris and colfer i could nat splt the both of them wel done chris :D

was fun duane, glad ya got the car going right and made it so far ya did really well lad, we were going mad along the fence watching you lol roll on round 2 :D

duane-drift
18-04-11, 10:47
roll on rd2:D:cool:

paulfluke
18-04-11, 11:46
qualifying positions of top 16 ??

Does anyone have a list of the top 16 battles ?

Chuck_g
18-04-11, 11:52
Some going out of ya Yesterday Chris to be fair, and defo the Quote of the weekend from your mouth, fuk chris those arches are looking unreal, "aye, i aint afraid to hit her tho" :) Which showed all thru yesterday :)

LAGGER
18-04-11, 15:36
right lads this is not what i intendeed to happen when i posted, i dont want people say shit about brake lights and that sort of crap i am simply letting it be known im not one to take being screwed over!! i have no issue with the other driver my issue is with PRODRIFT, rules are rules, 2 were broken #1: time keeping. and #2: strait line entry. ill leave it at that till round 2.....................

and as i said to the other driver in the night club sat night, i have no problem with him or his car nothing and i also said if he or any one else said wanted the battle to be rerun properly fallowing the propper rules, i would be happy to show you what the out come would have been!

At least you came on and cleared up that he didnt brake check you

after all the years of prodrift there has been a fair amount of back off entries, sand bagging, brake checking and general strange calls from judges.
There have been some fair pissed off drivers but none of them have come on the internet like this, let alone tappin away on the phone at the track. The reason why is it looks terrible on the driver. The majority of Pro/Am drivers come on this site but dont comment for exactly this reason. At the end of the day its a judged twin battle they can go any way and this time it didnt go yours, but do yourself a favour next time leave the phone at home.

chrisb
21-04-11, 14:19
wee vid of the footage my wife took from sat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR7w9RY00g4&feature=share

gem-s13
21-04-11, 18:13
well fuck me just have a look at 5:49 of that vid!! enought said!!

chrisbrady325
21-04-11, 18:39
great video chris!! fair play to you and the wife its well put together with names etc :D

Mick K
21-04-11, 20:35
I do believe both the Barrys car and Judges fooked up Gemmy!

gem-s13
21-04-11, 20:40
I do believe both the Barrys car and Judges fooked up Gemmy!

ye mick it look like it would have been a very STRAIT decion in my eyes but im not a judge,

Mick K
21-04-11, 20:42
Poor call in my opinion,Never seen you drive as well as you did at the weekend!

1-JAY-Z
21-04-11, 20:43

Fecking hell thats a rough call,

wayne.c
21-04-11, 20:51
wee vid of the footage my wife took from sat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR7w9RY00g4&feature=share

very well put together vid...

Prodrifter86
21-04-11, 23:26
thats a cool vid.. hmmm gem looked rather sideways there. when that bmw wasnt....... you were on sum pace there gem gem!! sweeet

chrisb
22-04-11, 11:10
cheers for the comments on the clip....first time ive ever put something together like that

pmc-drifter
22-04-11, 16:06
ye mick it look like it would have been a very STRAIT decion in my eyes but im not a judge,

Lord is this bitchin still goin on?? You'll have your chance to win out the pro non-seed and the pro seed in round 2!!

kouki_kid
25-04-11, 11:52
Wot are you turning this into Gem I'm a better driver than the other person
thread!!! Yes you are a good driver fair and square nobody doesn't think that
but good drivers can spin aswell which is what happened to you what went on
with time is PD's problem.

kouki_kid
26-04-11, 15:22
YouTube - Mike "The Slimer" Barry Ennis Round 1, 2011 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbv2iao3apU)

Blatent spinout!!!!

alan moy
26-04-11, 18:00

you just got put in your place there now gem :kiss:

mbarry
27-04-11, 12:27
well lads was reading through some of the comments here
there seems to be alot of slagging going on.

I would just like to say I had a great weekend really enjoyed the twin battles.
My car was going great with the new evo m3 engine and hyper single clutch,for a bit of dipping!

ROLL ON ROUND 2