PDA

View Full Version : How can I find a paint code for my car?

Keli
14-04-11, 20:50
Is there any way to find a paint code for my car?
I don't think it's a Nissan colour and the rear bumper is a different colour to the rest of the car and it bothers me. Any way to figure out what the code is?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w63/naturally-dizzy/180/Photo0031.jpg

alan opel
14-04-11, 21:00
take off the petrol flap and bring it to a good paint place, they shud b able to match it for u!

ken red 180
14-04-11, 21:11
there is a fella in wicklow think he is in bray,, he can scan it for u and get a ferfect match,,, my mate brought up he"s petrol cap and it was scanned cause it was a mad sort of a pearl or floresecent white... and this guy matched it ferfect he actually ended up putting about 8 colours in it to get the rite colour,,,,thats the japs with there mad colours..... unfortunally my mate moved to canada 2yr ago and i don"t have a contact no, for him anymore... but it might be worth looking into.....

S14a johno
14-04-11, 21:46
yep i had get mine made up, as wasnt the standerd colour,
take the petrol cap and bring it to a motor factors or a pannel beater
there place in dublin we deal with were i got mine,
there just scan it and match it, takes 2 - 3 days
get it rite

JKAV
15-04-11, 23:46
All paints are made from loads of mixers even standard colors on fords, renaults, and it only takes mins to mix.

Go to any good bodyshop with a color reader camera and they will give you the closet match/s for your car.

It could be anything from a renault to ferrari code they give you as the paints fade and the camera will give the closet of all manufactures codes to date.

Bring the car with you as the painter will know where best to scan 3 points on the car for best possible match

If your ever in castlebridge wexford contact me 0879522277 and i will match it for ye

Keli
16-04-11, 20:34
Cool, thanks for the replies :)
I hope scanning it brings up a close match.
The last time I matched a paint code I made the mistake of doin it in Halfords :S

lukeworx
19-04-11, 12:33
vinny byrnes ur best bet for spot on match bring ur flap to him & they'll sort it, you can get rattle cans 2 first to try the best match for like €10

m3con
11-06-11, 22:19
jus bring the petrol cap get it matched

pandy180sx
12-06-11, 11:07
it was my buddy you bought it off, i think he might have it as he planned on getting rear bumper done ill ask him