PDA

View Full Version : Prodrift Freestyle Competition

Prodrift
14-04-11, 20:25
PRODRIFT Freestyle Competition

The purpose of a freestyle drifting competition is to give drivers a platform to display their car control skills in a safe fun environment.

Entries
Rear wheel drive class only. (For rd1 entries will be free)

Arena
Designated scoring zone/area

Format
1 car in the arena at any 1 time
Each car will be given 1 minute to impress the judges
A 3 man judging panel will each issue a score of 1 to 10. Maximum score of 30
Competitors will earn points on control, flair(showmanship), presentation, difficulty of routine and timing.
The driver with the highest score wins
In the event of a tie the drivers will run again.
Each run should be to a song chosen by the driver.
Once the allocated minute is over the driver will be flagged to stop.
He then awaits his score from the judges.
No passengers permitted.
No cage required
Onboard fire extinguisher compulsory
No fluid leaks of any kind tolerated
Final to be between 2 drivers during top 16 semi final and final.

Skills
Figure of 8
To drift the car in a figure of 8

Salute
Popping the car on the limiter while saluting the crowd

Burnout
Smoking the tyres. (no standing burnouts permitted)

Wall tap
Running the back of the car close to the wall

Slingshot
Throwing the car backwards at the wall slowing the car with throttle only

Donoughts
Drifting the car in a circular motion

Etc etc

This is the basis from which the freestyle championship will develop.
All drivers will be encouraged to come up with new skills and techniques. When a driver comes up with a new skill they get to name it.

All ideas and input will be taken on board.

For entries and info please contact Bart
bart902005@yahoo.ie

Regards
PD

Dunnedriftin
14-04-11, 20:33
Actually Sounds intresting :)

pole drift
14-04-11, 20:34
Sounds better than what most were expecting

bart
14-04-11, 20:40
we will be looking for MAX of 10 drivers for this

confirmed drivers are
1. Paul Murphy
2. Mark Gaffney
3. Amy Griffin

bart
14-04-11, 20:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9e2Ecx-7RI

Joe
14-04-11, 21:15
some of this would be good , SAITO style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnZqw7FNlK0

lsd32
14-04-11, 21:15
I'll be up for this when I get the car back,probably be the next round

damo1
14-04-11, 21:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9e2Ecx-7RI

:confused::confused::confused:

o ya having the car on full lock on the limiter intresting, and whos gona buy the coloured tyres to burn off bout 200 euros a tyre mmmmm i wonder..

lsd32
14-04-11, 21:29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOsAJ3vq9M

this would be more like it

bart
15-04-11, 07:22
yea thats more like it dude..

chrisb
15-04-11, 07:27
sounds like diffing.....

otherwise it needs to be like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sGN7VPQTC4

LAGGER
15-04-11, 10:53
Cant believe Drift Train got dropped for king of the ring
Bullshit !!

PeterT
15-04-11, 11:01
I'm reading over that in disbeleif, no offence to anyone involved, but what the feck. Great way to get the crowds....of scumbags.

May work for Arabs, with there 1000bhp cars and no care of blowing engines, but a load of sr20s doing donuts?

Sorry for the poor response. Just seems backwards for the sport. And a shame to get rid of the team drift.hence why I'm not attending ennis as it's too long a trip for a standard competition spectator wise in my view.

Ps I'm not having a dig at anyone at all, just can't see how it makes any sense at all. Feel free to prove me wrong though I'd happily be proved wrong :)

tbk
15-04-11, 11:02
I think it sounds pretty stupid TBH

It is basically sounds like what ye see at the wank static car shows.... except the driver has to pay to do it rather than paying someone to do it

LAGGER
15-04-11, 15:41
I'm reading over that in disbeleif, no offence to anyone involved, but what the feck. Great way to get the crowds....of scumbags.

May work for Arabs, with there 1000bhp cars and no care of blowing engines, but a load of sr20s doing donuts?

Sorry for the poor response. Just seems backwards for the sport. And a shame to get rid of the team drift.hence why I'm not attending ennis as it's too long a trip for a standard competition spectator wise in my view.

Ps I'm not having a dig at anyone at all, just can't see how it makes any sense at all. Feel free to prove me wrong though I'd happily be proved wrong :)

Bang on Lad

I wasnt having a go at the lad on here thats organising it, fair play to him for trying to do something but its a Fu*king dressed up Slab Diff.

This will put the sport back years

pole drift
15-04-11, 15:52
Choo choo!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui0pLP-4Ya0

LAGGER
15-04-11, 16:03
Graeme Should get these lads in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoYHV2cvD1A

They will put the PRO back in prodrift:rolleyes:

twailbait
15-04-11, 16:18
Agree with pete, seems like glorified diffing. No interest in seeing it, another person not bothering with ennis this year.

Edit:

and also shows how organized prodrift is, wait till 2 days before the event to mention it!

Prodrifter86
15-04-11, 18:50
itss alllllllll about the moneyyyyyyyy!!!! .. dno team train is the only way to go forward imo

LAGGER
15-04-11, 18:59
itss alllllllll about the moneyyyyyyyy!!!! .. dno team train is the only way to go forward imo

what money its free for round 1 and its limited to 10 driver

you get 1 minute of diffing
yeah he will make a fortune of it:rolleyes:

DaveZigen
15-04-11, 20:28
To be honest if I was going to see a good sporting event I wouldn't refuse to go based on the half-time show, real fans eh? Two days of drift competition ruined for ye by half an hour of what seems to be a fun little break to the proceedings. At the end of the day this is aimed at the casual fan, to break from constant drifting, not the 'die-hard' and that should be reasonable considering that Prodrift needs the casual fans to survive. Think of the kids and bystanders that may get a kick out of it. Plus, all this whinging about team-drift? The reason there is none this year is because it doesn't work in this country, yet, not because Prodrift don't want it. Teams are a mish-mash of those who haven't qualified or those who's cars have survived, it's incredably hard to organise or judge when some teams have four, others turn out with three or two. We don't live in Japan, we don't have 500 track-prepped drift cars or specific treams like i.e. Team Burst. The freestyle-drift is a novelty which allows guys with high-spec road cars to show of a little bit. It's not 316 BMW's with welded diffs or twincams doing 'hoops'. There is structure and scoring. I just think people are very quick to complain without even giving something a chance, lighten up. Drifting is still the focus :) My humble opinion BTW

Prodrifter86
15-04-11, 22:34
what money its free for round 1 and its limited to 10 driver

you get 1 minute of diffing
yeah he will make a fortune of it:rolleyes:

money in the gate lad thats what i ment. not the entry fee :)

Eddie
15-04-11, 23:10
^^^^^^ oh William :o you come out with some funny shit :D

(by accident) :rolleyes:

Prodrifter86
16-04-11, 01:04
^^^ that makes no sense.... no1 trying to be funny buddy....:) and read above your comment too

your a dope. quoting shite for your sig. how i loled...

Scamper
16-04-11, 01:14
To be honest if I was going to see a good sporting event I wouldn't refuse to go based on the half-time show, real fans eh? Two days of drift competition ruined for ye by half an hour of what seems to be a fun little break to the proceedings. At the end of the day this is aimed at the casual fan, to break from constant drifting, not the 'die-hard' and that should be reasonable considering that Prodrift needs the casual fans to survive. Think of the kids and bystanders that may get a kick out of it. Plus, all this whinging about team-drift? The reason there is none this year is because it doesn't work in this country, yet, not because Prodrift don't want it. Teams are a mish-mash of those who haven't qualified or those who's cars have survived, it's incredably hard to organise or judge when some teams have four, others turn out with three or two. We don't live in Japan, we don't have 500 track-prepped drift cars or specific treams like i.e. Team Burst. The freestyle-drift is a novelty which allows guys with high-spec road cars to show of a little bit. It's not 316 BMW's with welded diffs or twincams doing 'hoops'. There is structure and scoring. I just think people are very quick to complain without even giving something a chance, lighten up. Drifting is still the focus :) My humble opinion BTW

Best post of the thread

LAGGER
16-04-11, 09:05

sorry only replying now was up painting the crossroads.

some of what you say is true but i had to laugh when you said team drift is incredibly hard to organise

team drift was organised by some of the drivers and a few of the mechanics at the last minute

your going to have to do your best murray walker impression to get a bit of a buzz goin with the slab diff. best of luck

KerryKid1JZ
16-04-11, 09:51
sorry only replying now was up painting the crossroads.

lolz:p:p:p

flynhy
16-04-11, 10:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOsAJ3vq9M

this would be more like it

Crazy fuckers aren`t they...

flynhy
16-04-11, 10:24
Graeme Should get these lads in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoYHV2cvD1A

They will put the PRO back in prodrift:rolleyes:

Hahaha I love the 4x4:D:D

bnollie
16-04-11, 15:11

And its the "die hards" who travel to every event and go Saturday and Sunday to watch.
Why should we be subject to glorified diffing thats all it is at the end of the day.
Drift train was unreal got the crowd going as well massive cheers from the crowds.
Just disappointed with Prodrift dropping the drift train.
Wouldn't stop me going but come on its drifting not diffin

twailbait
16-04-11, 15:19
And it's just assosiating drifting with doffing, which we are trying our best not to do. As diffin has a seriously bad name and following! So it's not helping drifting getting recognized as a proper motorsport!

bnollie
16-04-11, 15:28
And it's just assosiating drifting with doffing, which we are trying our best not to do. As diffin has a seriously bad name and following! So it's not helping drifting getting recognized as a proper motorsport!

X2.........

"Diffin" always attracts Scum

diggerdolan
16-04-11, 15:59
PRODRIFT Freestyle Competition

Skills
Figure of 8
To drift the car in a figure of 8

Salute
Popping the car on the limiter while saluting the crowd

Burnout
Smoking the tyres. (no standing burnouts permitted)

Donoughts
Drifting the car in a circular motion

Regards
PD

Sounds an awful lot like slab spec diffing! I have to agree with pete and timmy saying that it s just going to accoiate drifting with diffing which i don t think anyone on here wants. I can totally understand that the organisers are trying to attract more fans who aren't "die-hard" drifting fans. But surely there s a smarter way of doing it. Think this could both attract the wrong crowd and put some people off. Its supposed to be a motorsport not a burnout contest.
I also don t mean to be having a dig at the organisers and as said before i d love to be proven wrong!

crash&burn
16-04-11, 16:31
why dont they have something like GYMKHANA http://youtu.be/KiwFaPb7w4k at last it would be something!!!

pole drift
16-04-11, 18:30

Drifting will never be recognised as a motorsport, it's an extreme sport. And if motorsport ireland did class it as a motorsport, the rules and regs would become very strict.

B.Egan
16-04-11, 19:16
4 cars around Ennis? Never a hope without crossing over.......hence having the freestyle as filler. No guarantee it will stay, or that drift train is gone for the rest of the other events imo.

LAGGER
17-04-11, 19:30
I take it all back it was the greatest thing i have ever seen.
U turn on the team drift in the post id say

Eddie
17-04-11, 20:03
sickened they didnt do the final :(. :p

ah it wasnt as bad as i taught it would be.

Greg
17-04-11, 20:07
So..... what exactly happened? Who entered?

Eddie
17-04-11, 20:19
just jap, jh the famous one, few other lads. They wernt just doin rings. They wer taggin walls, 360 wall tags, rollin burnouts etc. It was ok, nothin special.

S13..KEV
17-04-11, 20:22
dont forget about my wheel falling off ha ha :p

Greg
17-04-11, 20:24
just jap, jh the famous one, few other lads. They wernt just doin rings. They wer taggin walls, 360 wall tags, rollin burnouts etc. It was ok, nothin special.

Oh right, sounds like a bit of craic for the non die hard fan really.

hunty_sideways
17-04-11, 20:24
Any vids ?

Eddie
17-04-11, 20:28
greg, it got some of the crowd goin but people that go regularly didnt do anything.

rob_180sx
17-04-11, 20:30
Nice diffin today lads :p

The wall rubbing was cool tho!

hoopsbhoy
17-04-11, 21:14
I kept an open mind about this as I wanted to see how it would play out.

Fair play to all the lads who were involved, there was plenty of wall rubbing and general messing, some nice cars there two. but to be honest I thought it was all a bit pointless, it didnt really get the whole crowd going.

I thought it could be better if maybe one driver had to copy what the last driver did, so say, the first driver had to go out and pull some sort of move, then the next had to copy, if they got a better score, they got to do "some sort of move" and the next copied. I think that way it would be a more extreme thing and the crowd would know exactly what was happening.

Just my two cents worth

jeff nelson sileighty
17-04-11, 21:19
hah ya i did it and in the first practice went a bit too hard and gave the wall a lovely kiss :D

S13..KEV
17-04-11, 21:22
hah ya i did it and in the first practice went a bit too hard and gave the wall a lovely kiss :D

tongue and all ha ha ha

drift Tuf
17-04-11, 21:28
no offence i was open minded about this 1st but when saw it today just taught it was just a way to take up time,

jeff nelson sileighty
17-04-11, 21:45
ya being honest it was just to fill a gap cause ennis is too small for team drift but it was better than having a hole in the schedule and a way to just have a bit of a laugh.. and no none of us wanted it to be a shlaaab fest so we just made what we could of the spare time and imo it wasnt just a load of diffin sure i was just running as wide out to the walls as i could just like most of the other lads...except for kevin kindregan who just wanted to brake stuff and mainly blow wheels off their hubs :D :p

DaveM-sport
17-04-11, 22:01
Thought it was pointless and didn't get the crowd going basically because they didn't really know what they were suppose to be watching.
One or two rubbing a few walls in a rolling burnout was cool enough but other than that you get to see much more in a proper run of the track.

If it was biggest entry competition on one corner marked out by bollards or something that might be a little more forgiving than facing a wall might be a better option as it might bring a few backwards entries or 360s etc which would be interesting to watch.
No offence to who competed as they still pushed very hard in fairness but just doughnuts and burnouts is boring to watch when put in between pro practice, qualifying and twin-battles.

tweek
18-04-11, 08:20
Maybe they should get some of the amateurs to run the course just to show the up and coming talent but the only problem with that would be that like before some of the better drivers might not actually get picked to drive and you will only see the drivers that some of the judges want to progress

LAGGER
20-04-11, 20:09
As expected big u-turn on the team drift,
the slab diff is still going though :rolleyes:

DaveM-sport
20-04-11, 20:16
As expected big u-turn on the team drift,
the slab diff is still going though :rolleyes:

Not on the banner but it says Team drift is back for Round 2 on the pro-drift site.

Prodrift
20-04-11, 20:38
The team drift was never gone! Ennis is too small a track for team drift.

DaveM-sport
20-04-11, 20:41
So will be running both Team drift and freestyle in Fermoy so?

I didn't think freestyle was great last weekend but hopefully it will get better too after a round or two and good to see more stuff going on during the day giving people their moneys worth. Think everybody was afraid it was brought in place of Team drift.

Chuck_g
20-04-11, 20:48
Any chance of an extreme entry comp? No clips, judged on pure balls, backward entries, 360's and wall rubs? That wud be epic.

git
20-04-11, 20:56
Any chance of an extreme entry comp? No clips, judged on pure balls, backward entries, 360's and wall rubs? That wud be epic.

yes !! difficult wit our small tracks but ,i think the drift train was very good ,rules of drift train should be fast and as close to other driver as possible ! that i know for a fact gets the crowds attention

bart
20-04-11, 20:58
yes !! difficult wit our small tracks but ,i think the drift train was very good ,rules of drift train should be fast and as close to other driver as possible ! that i know for a fact gets the crowds attention

exactly..
think if drift train was run right it be way better;)

git
20-04-11, 20:59
exactly..
think if drift train was run right it be way better;)

love you bart !! x

Famous jh
20-04-11, 21:02
love you bart !! x

I love him more......

team drift ftw!

git
20-04-11, 21:04
I love him more......

team drift ftw!

johnny baby, i ment to go over to say hi on saturday bu u were chatn to someone so i left it , next time im gona ware the face off ya :D :D :D

tweek
20-04-11, 21:06
johnny baby, i ment to go over to say hi on saturday bu u were chatn to someone so i left it , next time im gona ware the face off ya :D :D :D
Johnny was buzzing on Saturday he was like a man after a bag of Charlie sheen good driving too John fair play to ya

Famous jh
20-04-11, 21:06

Ah ya should have had lad!! Sure depending on who it was we could have had a 3way :D

Vomiting bug ftl :mad:

Driftma
20-04-11, 21:09
Ah ya should have had lad!! Sure depending on who it was we could have had a 3way :D

it was probibly me, and i'd be up for a 3 way:D

git
20-04-11, 21:10

bahaha !! ah shit buzz man getn sick is rottten comin out the nose is the worst ,

tweek
20-04-11, 21:12
it was probibly me, and i'd be up for a 3 way:D
I'll get the camcorder and popcorn this could get interesting

Famous jh
20-04-11, 21:12
Johnny was buzzing on Saturday he was like a man after a bag of Charlie sheen good driving too John fair play to ya

Cheers TJ! Few bits need improving for Fermoy but i'll be on a mission ya can be sure of that! ;)

LAGGER
20-04-11, 21:19

I thought team drift didnt work in this country

DaveM-sport
20-04-11, 21:22

That would have been more idea of freestyle drifting :)
Thew stuff going on Sunday was just "freestyle diffing" from what I saw of it. :rolleyes::p

360s and backwards entries would be brilliant to watch. burnouts and doughnuts and figure of eights can be done by anybody without any skill at all.

DaveZigen
21-04-11, 05:33
I thought team drift didnt work in this country

I said it didn't work properly because it's difficult to organise and without dedicated teams and small tracks like Ennis it's sometimes not possible. After seeing the turnout of amatuer and semi-pro competitors in Ennis I'm of a different mindset. It's not like I don't want to see team drift, or have anything against it, how could I? My main point was to give the freestyle drift a chance and not be so negative about everything. Team drift last year was awesome, I want it back, I was just highlighting some of the problems involved. Not trying to get anybodys back up here...