PDA

View Full Version : Screamer pipe. any use?

Stevo
24-05-09, 20:04
Well boys and girls as above, is it worth having, any gains from having one or is it just for the sound? Read on SWRC that people were getting a talking to over exhaust noise!

gav sr20
24-05-09, 20:57
they dont give u any bhp its just for de noise. they do ur head in after a while the cheap ones when the car is just tickin over sounds like its revin at 5000rpm

id say no there not worth a fook:cool:

Stevo
24-05-09, 21:02
Cheers gav:)

Nicky
24-05-09, 23:14
There was a couple of cars there, namingly the maroon R33 Skyline with Belfast Imports graphics among others running screamer pipes on Saturday. They aren't deemed too loud for the track, and can sound awesome when on song.

They are more so for noise, as opposed to anything else, but to me, they sound class. I was out for the final run in the R33 yesterday, and when in the car (with full interior), it indeed sounded great, even on standard boost, though it might havebeen helped by the 6-pot engine, as opposed to the 4's the majority of us be running.

If your after 1 for your SR20, they can be had for under ?100 sterling.

I know im getting, and my car will only be out of the shed for SWRC days, so its all god :D

Tekno Twinky
24-05-09, 23:27
BAD-ASS!! ->:cool:

Its a "SCREAMER PIPE" how could anyone argue with that:p:D

Dunnedriftin
24-05-09, 23:34
makes more noise!

ah some of them sound good but as i say

'' you pay peanuts, you get monkeys''

pay for a decent one and you will get a decent one! :)

Nicky
24-05-09, 23:38
Im on about JapSpeed pipes. Surely they cant be that bad..?

nissan_doctor
25-05-09, 00:35
The japspeed type 'screamer' pipes are not screamer pipes at all, they are just fad take offs of real screamer pipes which can only be used with externally wastegated turbo's.

The japspeed ones make noise, allow exhaust gasses to escape throught the pipe on idle so it sounds like a hole in your exhaust and do not gain any performance, in fact often the oposite is the case.

colm
25-05-09, 00:52
As long as the dump tube isnt plumped back in too close to the turbo it makes no odds.

I think its something like 18" min between the turbo and the dump tube. Screamers sound cool n throw the odd flame and if your trying to save a few quid can be cheaper than getting one plumped in

Nicky
25-05-09, 02:23
JapSpeed jobbie:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Japspeed/NissanScreamerpipes.jpg

Stevo
25-05-09, 07:50
Cheers lads:D

Will
25-05-09, 12:33
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/willcotterGTS-t/smilies/supergay.gif

screamer pipes...they`re like dump valves, bee-r limiters and kerry katona, they make a lot of noise and attract attention but at the end of the day they`re a waste of space.

serious tom
25-05-09, 12:49
lol, if i had an RB id have a Bee-R , but thats just to piss off all the wankers in their chav'd'd'd'd' out clios, and boras. etc

is a screemer pipe, one that comes from the manifold (4) into the screemer (2) and leaves through one of the (2) ?

Stevo
25-05-09, 13:29
lol, if i had an RB id have a Bee-R , but thats just to piss off all the wankers in their chav'd'd'd'd' out clios, and boras. etc

is a screemer pipe, one that comes from the manifold (4) into the screemer (2) and leaves through one of the (2) ?

What:confused::rolleyes::(:p:D

PeterT
25-05-09, 17:37
they sound good on some cars? not when you can hear them blowing on idle though.

as for bee*r's, there the greatest! i need one!!

serious tom
25-05-09, 18:02
the exhaust,
goes from 4 pipes, to 2 pipes,
is one of them 2 pipes the screemer pipe?

pete get a Bee R limiter i got an epic video of one (gota find it)

serious tom
25-05-09, 18:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsuUMXiJVrc&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR-JXPbfzaU&NR=1 --- is this the one thats for sale?

cool warp sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlDvlBLPHwI&feature=related

Administrator
25-05-09, 18:12
Just get a JZ and make it sound like Niall Gunns I reckon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp_Ggg1HDo4

colm
25-05-09, 18:24
the exhaust,
goes from 4 pipes, to 2 pipes,
is one of them 2 pipes the screemer pipe?

The screamer is the part of the pipe that isnt connected back in, you can see the open end running beside the downpipe.

when the actuator opens it bypasses the exhaust gas away from the turbine so it limits how much boost it creates, it comes out the screamer then.
When the actuator is closed all the gases flow into the turbine making it spin and compress the air.

serious tom
25-05-09, 18:38
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ thanks very much!:)

mike g
25-05-09, 20:55
any gains from having one

ya for your sister

Jay Rockett
26-05-09, 21:51
Screamer pipes are needed on external wastegates as the wastegate is seperate on big ass turbo's! the pipe can run back into the downpipe so it doesnt
make so much noise, its down to choice..

But on a smaller turbo, you'll need an elbow that has a seperate pipe from where
the internal wastegate opens and allows the excess gasses flow seperately..
Dont know if theres any benifit really as id imagine all gasses flowing into the one
pipe should increase flow! wouldnt be sure though

But screamer pipes do sound cool!

Rob32
04-06-09, 13:31
as for bee*r's, there the greatest! i need one!!

Remember to buy a spare turbo oo, the fuel being dumped into the turbo and igniting will eat the turbo blades :)

Greg
04-06-09, 15:34
A screamer pipe and a Bee R would be fun. Doesn't Norfy on Driftworks have the two on his S13? But he has the screamer exiting through the passenger side wing. That must sound like absolutley insane when it's on full song. :)

PeterT
04-06-09, 15:44
Remember to buy a spare turbo oo, the fuel being dumped into the turbo and igniting will eat the turbo blades :)

ah no, i wouldnt do it to the ceramic! posibly if i get a new hks ill bang a bee*r on!:D

jaycono
04-06-09, 17:50
dude get one seriously there deadly. lad i know has an rb30 with a screamer pipe sound unreal and a plus the screamer pipe only opens if your in gear which means if the garda stop you and ask to rev the engine there none the wiser... screamer pipe FTW

Rob32
05-06-09, 21:26
ah no, i wouldnt do it to the ceramic! posibly if i get a new hks ill bang a bee*r on!:D

why no go with full anti-lag???:)

Frankae86
05-06-09, 21:49
Those screamer pipes that are just on the down pipe are retarded, it just sounds like you have a weak SR20 with a big blow in the exh, Top mount turbo and external wastegate is the fookin job :cool:

That lad Norfy is using a mahoosive turbo as far as i can remember.

podge
05-06-09, 21:59
Those screamer pipes that are just on the down pipe are retarded, it just sounds like you have a weak SR20 with a big blow in the exh, Top mount turbo and external wastegate is the fookin job :cool:

That lad Norfy is using a mahoosive turbo as far as i can remember.

x2 plus they never seal right better off just saving your monies for a bigger turbo or else welding the actuator shut and custom building a proper external waste gate onto your turbo and manifold:cool:

Jay Rockett
05-06-09, 22:18
x2 plus they never seal right better off just saving your monies for a bigger turbo or else welding the actuator shut and custom building a proper external waste gate onto your turbo and manifold:cool:

Or just disconnect your actuator, no need to weld it!

Seen someone in Nutts corner the last day, the lad who won that day, he had an external wastegate on what he said was a standard turbo!

Didnt look standard though that yoke was an animal!

Some pilot too!

But yeah screamer pipes only really suitable for external wastegates!