PDA

View Full Version : Whos doing PD amateur this year?

B.Egan
08-04-11, 17:59
Just wondering whos doing amateur this year? And also wondering what way does it work? Is it only your first year that you can be an amateur or does that matter at all?

Maybe a bit of info might help ppl to know the competition and help the banter along lol!:D

My info would be:
Brian Egan
1990 turbo Eunos Roadster/MX5 in primer grey
First time ever competing, in any form of motorsport actually...
One proper weekend of track drifting experience in Portlaoise...
2 other days in Portlaoise in a car that wouldnt run, drive or drift whatsoever!:(
So basically very little track time, in an untested car........I have high hopes ha!!:D

joey banana s14
09-04-11, 00:40
ill be competing this year ill miss ennis due to car not finished from lack of funds but ill be doing as many rounds as i can dont worry man ive never competed either;)

Chuck_g
09-04-11, 00:59
Such Mega cars competing........i love the 5. Gonna be such a great year

Drift_sil80
09-04-11, 02:43
Such Mega cars competing........i love the 5. Gonna be such a great year

thats a fact chuck
il be competing too wont be ready for rd1 but il be at rd 2 :D
i havnt drifted (well tried to anyway :p ) in a long time so it will be fun and having a basically brand new car wont make it much easier

damo86
09-04-11, 06:50
yup im amature, done last year too, it was my first year, went shit, but i went well in the port laois comp, so hoping for a bit better this year

G. Sweeney
09-04-11, 06:55
Def use this year as a year to get d ropes of everytin...
my amateur year was all bout gettin d drivin right nd knowin my limits...

damo86
09-04-11, 07:04
good advice ^^^

SUPER 180
09-04-11, 11:23
shocked at people that havent really drifted cars before enterin pro drift :eek:

iv been driftin nearly every month for the last two years and still wouldnt have the balls to enter..

but fair play to ya's tho for havin the balls to do it!!

Prodrifter86
09-04-11, 12:52
Shane Mckan is running in Ameture this year...

sandstorm
09-04-11, 13:12
im entering the amature this year too...
been driftin just over 2 years mostly in the north and a few mondello days.
this'll be my first time in PD though..

joey banana s14
09-04-11, 20:04
yup im amature, done last year too, it was my first year, went shit, but i went well in the port laois comp, so hoping for a bit better this year

you drove very well in portlaois man i reakon your one to watch, im using this year for pure experience of twinning and the pressure of competition youl always drive better on practise days i reakon cause no pressure so im not expecting big results but if i come home smiling im happy

grimix180
09-04-11, 20:20
im doin novice this year havn drifted since 08 will be drivin a white 180sx although wont be ready for round 1

tweek
09-04-11, 20:29
im doin novice this year havn drifted since 08 will be drivin a white 180sx although wont be ready for round 1
08 what were you driving then?was doing it myself in 08

grimix180
09-04-11, 20:36
a rough as fuck blue onevia

damo86
09-04-11, 20:40
Thanks joey

B.Egan
09-04-11, 21:31
Looks to be some top quality lads in amateur.....I feel well out of my depth ha! No expectations anyway, and just out there to enjoy it. Atmosphere of PD seemed great last year especially, so cant wait to get the added buzz of actually competing. First round and probably whole year will end up being a development year anyway I'd say.......lot of guess work with the mx5. But would love to make the battles at some point, thats my goal really.

mark
09-04-11, 21:38
Looks to be some top quality lads in amateur.....I feel well out of my depth ha! No expectations anyway, and just out there to enjoy it. Atmosphere of PD seemed great last year especially, so cant wait to get the added buzz of actually competing. First round and probably whole year will end up being a development year anyway I'd say.......lot of guess work with the mx5. But would love to make the battles at some point, thats my goal really.

im doing amatuer myself this year,
i only have 2 or 3 practise days in portlaoise, ever.
i had a shitty m3. so i wouldn't say your out of your depth.
cant wait for next weekend.

Famous jh
10-04-11, 00:12
Sure I suppose I'll give it a shot... Battle ram 14 almost at the ready :)

DaveZigen
10-04-11, 02:25
Looking forward to the grass-roots Saturday competitiveness! A lot of entertaining drivers are gonna make Prodrift a proper two-day event! Best of luck! :-)

wezwkd
10-04-11, 03:47
Looking forward to the grass-roots Saturday competitiveness! A lot of entertaining drivers are gonna make Prodrift a proper two-day event! Best of luck! :-)

Clicking the "like" button on this one Dave. ;)

nick180sx
10-04-11, 09:26
I'll be in fermoy as car isn't and won't be ready for ennis but the wait should be worth it:D

G. Sweeney
10-04-11, 11:10

Well said lad saturday is as entertainin as d sundays , d competitivness is great :)

LAGGER
10-04-11, 21:04
trying to get out for fermoy too

did any of ye talk to graeme about scrutiny at track at fermoy

SMD-R33
10-04-11, 22:13
cant wait till get till fermoy myself. my first prodrift outing bring it on :)

Driftin
10-04-11, 22:26
cant wait till get till fermoy myself. my first prodrift outing bring it on :)

You giving me a lift:)

SMD-R33
11-04-11, 21:53
if there is a spare seat il defo book you in lad. il let you know near the time if ye want

scooby
13-04-11, 19:48
im new this year,done rallys 4 years but cant afford it no more,so its drift"n" now ,lookin forward to it ,very nervous about the weekend as im from ennis so if im against u please make me look good,ha ha