PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for 180Sx ??

silverbullitt
08-04-11, 09:27
Well as i'll put up in the members cars section in a minute , im after buying myself a 180sx for the track .
Now all i need is a trailer to tow it around with.
Any one got any idea what is the minimum size trailer id get away with for a 180, and more importantly has anyone got one for sale.

thanks
ed

chrisbrady325
08-04-11, 10:01
i have a 2 year old woodford tilting trailer here im gonna sell on.. great trailer with winch and all on it, bradley hitch etc... exactly 6ft 1inch wide.. in around 2k

silverbullitt
11-04-11, 20:36
Sorry for the delay in replying chris , but 2k is a bit steep for me at the moment.
I'm still curious as to the size of the trailer ill need for a 180sx though ...
I presume 14ft x 6.5ft would suffice

dude
12-04-11, 07:49
Sorry for the delay in replying chris , but 2k is a bit steep for me at the moment.
I'm still curious as to the size of the trailer ill need for a 180sx though ...
I presume 14ft x 6.5ft would suffice

for comfort that is the size you want if your lookn for a transporter on the other hand you would get away with a double or tri axle flat bed indespension or ifvor willams in a 6ft most of them come with fairly long ramps to and theres a good few on done deal all the time

johnbro
14-04-11, 00:49
best off just hiring one out lad if your not willing to spend a couple of grand on one. you'd be lucky to get an ifor williams or brian james second hand for under 1500 you'd be lucky to get one for that imo

and if your renting you don't have to store it

Mac_C
14-04-11, 00:56
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/trailers/2070595

Might be worth a call

Ryan200sx
14-04-11, 08:55
i have a 3 yo ifor williams 6 foot 1" wide trailer for sale.very good condition.we used it for 180sx and fitted on with plenty of room to spare. very easilied towed!looking 1500 stg for it!

silverbullitt
14-04-11, 14:18
Cheers lads , im probably gonna go ahead and buy a brand new one from PC Ironworks in Louth .. They look to be grand and i've heard some good reports about them..

git
14-04-11, 14:38
they can be got cheapish ! just need to be looking ! :)

pole drift
14-04-11, 15:10
Cheers lads , im probably gonna go ahead and buy a brand new one from PC Ironworks in Louth .. They look to be grand and i've heard some good reports about them..

I think they made my trailer, ask Davie, i bought it off him

johnbro
14-04-11, 15:14
do fill us in on the price of it
do they have brakes and lights etc.??

a lad i know quoted me 500 qiud to build me a trailer with no brakes or electrics

your best off buying a good brand like ifor williams or brian james they stand the test of time and are a bit of comfort if you plan on taking it on some trips. Much better in the long run IMO worth the money

silverbullitt
14-04-11, 16:25
the ad is on donedeal ...
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/trailers/1587358
From what i can make out , they have brakes , suspension, lights and jockey wheel ..and a few guys on Octane have towed them and thought they were ok ..
So i think thats what i will go for

si_berry
14-04-11, 17:05
the ad is on donedeal ...
http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/trailers/1587358
From what i can make out , they have brakes , suspension, lights and jockey wheel ..and a few guys on Octane have towed them and thought they were ok ..
So i think thats what i will go for

They're a grand trailer, I used them before, skinnyphats has one aswell, grand yoke. The only problem is that if you car is very low you cannot open the door because it hits off the box above the wheels.