PDA

View Full Version : Underfueling Problem- help needed!

Scamper
17-09-09, 12:29
Right lads i got the car dynoed on sunday at the show, and john at wcp told me she is underfueling, he said it aint good for the car , and that constant hard driving could resullt in a blown engine.

Basically i wanna no how you would go bout sorting this properly, the car is running perfect if not driven hard, but wanna get this sorted, so can drive her on

Wat would i need to do?
Fuel regulator?
New fuel filter?

Thanks in advance lads

Scamper

Mick K
17-09-09, 12:30
Up rated fuel pump and a decent map from Westward.

jamie180sx
17-09-09, 12:34
some sort of fueling controller like apexi neo safc2.or you could go with some thing better like an emanage.or more expensive a standalone Ecu

mr.jailbait
17-09-09, 13:06
first,you need to tell us exactly whats in your car at the moment

colm
17-09-09, 21:33
how badly under fueling is it? a print out of the afr's from the dyno would be handy :)

Scamper
18-09-09, 14:30
I dont have a print out, but wen you put the foot down he said the dyno should read from 10.0 dropping rapidly as you increase throttle, so goin from 10.0 down to around 3.0 at full throttle, where as wen i put the foot down in my yoke it goes from 10.0 up to 17.6 at 5500 revs!

Sorry if that means nothing or isnt explained right but dont know much bout this at all!

Midnight
18-09-09, 15:17
Up rated fuel pump and a decent map from Westward.

I agree with Mick here,had 14a once with same problem,had bigger turbo on it but uprated pump,injectors and seen westward,he mapped the power fc and it was perfect then.

mr.jailbait
18-09-09, 15:18
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ first,you need to tell us exactly whats in your car at the moment

Scamper
18-09-09, 20:12
I have a standard ecu thats chipped, the car is boosting at .7 bar, have a t28 turbo off an s14a in her, its a black top aswell lads.

I had a t25 that was boosting at 1 bar but then changed turbo and actuator in june to a t28 and dropped to .7 bar.

Stonie
18-09-09, 22:30
I have a standard ecu thats chipped, the car is boosting at .7 bar, have a t28 turbo off an s14a in her, its a black top aswell lads.

I had a t25 that was boosting at 1 bar but then changed turbo and actuator in june to a t28 and dropped to .7 bar.
Throw dat chipped ecu in de bin if it came from jap land!! They blow engines in de long run as they are made to run on much better fuel than wat we have and they usually only mess around with your ignition timing which is not good if not checked!! Put a good pump into it e.g walbro, sytec, a good pump is a good investment no matter wat anyone will tell you and get it back on a dyno, i wont tell u where to go but my advice would be TDP as i work there and i no the work is top notch!! Hope iv been of some help

PeterT
19-09-09, 22:46
any type of pre mapped ecu/chip coming from japan isnt worth a shite here and will make u explode in a huge ball of flames, blood and guts. sorry to tel you

Stonie
20-09-09, 00:51
any type of pre mapped ecu/chip coming from japan isnt worth a shite here and will make u explode in a huge ball of flames, blood and guts. sorry to tel you

Good man at least one person knows de crac wit de jap chip nothin but a ign timin fiddler and engine blower

Scamper
20-09-09, 13:33
Dat the first thing on the to do list so, how much for a new one, and wat make would ye recommend??

colm
20-09-09, 17:02
tons of lads using power fcs and they work great, think you can get em for about 500 for the ecu and hand controller + the cost of map on top of that. Nistune are bloody good too and should be a few €'s cheaper

Blacklimited
21-09-09, 10:54
It would be worth checking to see if you are getting correct voltage at the fuel pump terminals

Scamper
22-09-09, 20:33
what fc would ye recommend?

Davie
22-09-09, 20:41
apexi power fc lad,it will benfit ya in the long run,new fuel pump and as mick said a trip to westward eng.