PDA

View Full Version : Prodrift licence ?

rowaner2002
01-04-11, 22:53
prob stupit question but how do you get one of these?

gem-s13
01-04-11, 23:12
be in ptown on sunday with a pd spec car 150euro and 2 passport photos, simple as that

SWRC Wayne
02-04-11, 02:07
Is 150 yo-yos the license fee?

I really don't mean to be a stickler, because I am genuinely interested. Can some of the drivers please enlighten me what the structure for prizes is?

Ie: prize money per round, championship prize, etc...

I really am interested.

Thanks a real heap :)

crash&burn
02-04-11, 07:14
fuck me 150e for a license:eek:

tweek
02-04-11, 07:15
It's not just any licence it's a prodrift licence

Cezeli
02-04-11, 09:14
lol i have to laugh at people who give out about the costs in drifting. On the whole drifting is a comparitively inexpensive motorsport to get involved in initially. (of course costs can spiral out of control depending on what you want to spend)

If you compare it to stage rallying the price difference is crazy. €400-500 for an entry on a single days rallying at national level. Im not even sure what the license test in the north or south costs (yes its a one off cost, i know my BARS test was close to £200 though its so long since i done it i cant mind what it was, but you have to renew it every year also). Even entry level rallying your more than likely going to spend the guts of €1000 on a one day event.

Honestly you guys are lucky it isnt more - just my opinion.

tweek
02-04-11, 10:22
Compare the amount of driving you do at a rally event to a drift event then the costs are justified for rallying

rowaner2002
02-04-11, 11:15
Ok so its 150 for it do need be tested? Aswell just my car is not finished yet and heard they might have a car for you to use?

lsd32
02-04-11, 11:31
No,there's no driving on logging like the licence days of old,just bring your car and handover the cash.if your cars not ready bring it anyway to get logged

TIMMY495
02-04-11, 13:34
so does this have to be done every year ? with the same car like? 150 everytime to renew at the start of year?

Prodrifter86
02-04-11, 14:35
lol i have to laugh at people who give out about the costs in drifting. On the whole drifting is a comparitively inexpensive motorsport to get involved in initially. (of course costs can spiral out of control depending on what you want to spend)

If you compare it to stage rallying the price difference is crazy. €400-500 for an entry on a single days rallying at national level. Im not even sure what the license test in the north or south costs (yes its a one off cost, i know my BARS test was close to £200 though its so long since i done it i cant mind what it was, but you have to renew it every year also). Even entry level rallying your more than likely going to spend the guts of €1000 on a one day event.

Honestly you guys are lucky it isnt more - just my opinion.

yeah rallying is some money dude. was costing my dad 4k for a day out in the Mk2 when he had it .... so i suppose drifting is that little bit cheaper i suppose.. but the thing about it is why like in rallying is your car logged and thats it done for life?? or does this happen in PD also? or do you have to log your car every year?

Cezeli
03-04-11, 11:37
Compare the amount of driving you do at a rally event to a drift event then the costs are justified for rallying

Depends on events tbh. Some single stage venues are very short and still very pricey (almost £200 for 30 stage miles). No matter which way you look at it, €150 for a days drifting isnt bad. Compare the practice day price and the PD event price.

tweek
03-04-11, 13:35
Depends on events tbh. Some single stage venues are very short and still very pricey (almost £200 for 30 stage miles). No matter which way you look at it, €150 for a days drifting isnt bad. Compare the practice day price and the PD event price.
I done more driving in one trackday in mondello than i did in a year of competing in prodrift.you should try it....I have

sandstorm
08-04-11, 13:12
Guys its 150 for the licence/membership...most rally clubs have a yearly membership too if im not mistaken...

Its basically a yearly membership registration fee to cover;
logging of car, someone im sure has to be piad to do it,

PD stickers someone has to be piad to make em,

your licence,

and the rest im guessing goes on background administration like
computers, shop staff, event staff, event organisation, advertising flyers/posters/magazines/newspapers...etc....

The entry fee for a round of PD its 100 yoyo's...

So to do all the PD events in a year would cost
150 membership
100 per round, 5 rounds = 500

Total ProDrift fees = 650 yoyo's...

Prodrifter86
08-04-11, 14:20
650 for all entries for a year. that cheap..... but obviously there everyting else..

sandstorm
09-04-11, 13:22
650 for all entries for a year. that cheap..... but obviously there everyting else..

thats it, the cost isnt in the entry fees its in everything else like tyres, fuel, transport, hotel for the night....etc
but most of the costs can be kept well down if you want them to..
nobody says you need to spend 15k on a car or put new tyres on the back every time you make 1 pop...bring a tent and camp if ya have to...
i think its as expensive as you allow it to be, but sayin all that turbos explode engines melt and sometimes we get a little too personal with the wall.....
but that the sport we love...