PDA

View Full Version : how to de-limit a jap import

cazzy
15-09-09, 22:54
as above lads any ideas of how to/or who can de-limit a jap import for me.i am looking to swap my e39 for a soarer/supra but as far a s i am concerned they are both stock and need to de-limit whatever i will end up getting.
another thing will side skirts for supra/soarer be the same do they have same chassis length or just same engine.
they are both 1jz gte thnx lads in advance.:D

yowdy
15-09-09, 23:21
as above lads any ideas of how to/or who can de-limit a jap import for me.i am looking to swap my e39 for a soarer/supra but as far a s i am concerned they are both stock and need to de-limit whatever i will end up getting.
another thing will side skirts for supra/soarer be the same do they have same chassis length or just same engine.

easyst and safest way is to fit an apexi rms to it as this delimits it and leaves you with a nice display,

s13-ste
16-09-09, 00:03
get a RSM man, easy to fit cheap enough and and as andy said can look cool in the right place

nissan_doctor
16-09-09, 00:35

As said an RSM is by far the easiest way.

As for skirts, both cars have completly different body designs although they share most chassis componants.

Engines are also not both 1jz gte, Soarers have the 1jz gte(2.5) and supras have the 2jz gte engine(3.0) Both engine are very similar and equally reliable.

cazzy
16-09-09, 07:28
thnx so much lads,ok now for the last bit,where do you recommend i get the rms(apexi) and by it will look cool what do you mean is it like the boost gauge dat u have to display????
and is this a diy job or i need some1 to do it for me.
if any1 knows who can do it for me please let me know i am in cavan but willing to drive anywhere.
the 1 i am looking at its the 2.5gt-t they say its 280bhp stock but heard on the dyno it produces less like 262bhp is this tru???

yowdy
16-09-09, 09:24
thnx so much lads,ok now for the last bit,where do you recommend i get the rms(apexi) and by it will look cool what do you mean is it like the boost gauge dat u have to display????
and is this a diy job or i need some1 to do it for me.
if any1 knows who can do it for me please let me know i am in cavan but willing to drive anywhere.
the 1 i am looking at its the 2.5gt-t they say its 280bhp stock but heard on the dyno it produces less like 262bhp is this tru???

i have them mate

jamie180sx
16-09-09, 09:59
greddy do a speed cut unit
there around 120 fitted

yowdy
16-09-09, 12:34
greddy do a speed cut unit
there around 120 fitted

not as nice in the car do,,rsm are a nice feature to see on the dash

way2fastforu
16-09-09, 13:17
like was said above jus fit an rsm:D

jamie180sx
16-09-09, 13:34
not as nice in the car do,,rsm are a nice feature to see on the dash

True a little more expensive though

wayne.c
16-09-09, 21:22
i have them mate

jasus i want one for the 180:rolleyes:

cazzy
16-09-09, 21:40
yowdy where abouts are you and please quote for fix and supply.
how long will it take to fix it and i have a turbo timer,boost gauge and maybe cobra alarm to be fitted.if you can do that will you quote me seperately please and any idea who sells the remote start/alarm 2way pagers thnx???:D

yowdy
16-09-09, 21:45
yowdy where abouts are you and please quote for fix and supply.
how long will it take to fix it and i have a turbo timer,boost gauge and maybe cobra alarm to be fitted.if you can do that will you quote me seperately please and any idea who sells the remote start/alarm 2way pagers thnx???:D

ill pm you wid details:cool:

cazzy
16-09-09, 23:32
ok yowdy let me knw thru pm cheers m8.:)