PDA

View Full Version : Photo request- roll cages (preferably R32's)

cruising_r32
15-09-09, 15:42
Hi guys,

As the title suggests I'm looking for inspiration on cage designs for my R32 Skyline.

I want to see what other people have
how you went through the dash
how much plating you used
etc etc etc

Plus if anyone knows the rules and regulations for cages been used in ProDrift, UDC, Time attack etc can you post up a brief run down of what they are please?

kouki_kid
15-09-09, 20:57
Heres Prodrift rules dude,
• All competing cars must be equipped with a 7 point or better roll cage. Bolt-in or fully welded Cages may be manufactured from seamless T45/T40 Chromoly, or mild steel tubing (Minimum wall thickness diameter of 2mil).
• Welds should be continuous around the entire tubular structure with no cracks and fusion must exist between weld metal and base metal.
• The main hoop shall be one continuous length of tubing with smooth bends and no evidence of crimping or wall failure. It shall be as near the roof as possible and shall incorporate a diagonal brace.
• Side hoops connect directly from the floor of the driver’s compartment and continue in one piece, as near to the pillars as possible to the main hoop. They are to be connected together by a single horizontal tube across the top of the windscreen.
• Door impact protection bars are required on both driver and passenger side. Lightweight or fibreglass doors must be re-enforced with 2 door bars in the shape of an X.
• If the roll cage is bolted in then it must be securely reinforced with an anchor plate and backing plate sandwiched on each side of the floor plan.
• If the front cage uprights are bent in towards the driver they must be braced to the side impact protection bars on the apex of the bend

I got a cage done by a guy in England if you want to have a look can mail
ya some pics in an s13 though!!

Dunnedriftin
15-09-09, 21:08
I bought a cage.. got a good price on it but just waiting ont he damn bloody thing to get on a boat now :mad:

its a bolt in KTS 7 point dash dodger full rollcage, black in colour :)

comes with all the parts needed to fit it... pm me for more info!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/Jaynar69/rollcage.jpg

cruising_r32
16-09-09, 11:58
Thanks Kouki kid and dunner.

Ok guys, I'll accept photos of roll cages in any car if that helps me get a few replies :rolleyes:

Dunner can you pm me on the details of the cage you bought please?

roco
11-10-09, 22:45
theres loads of fotos in my trader section of roll cages.

plus try google images, i just search'd and came up with loads.
heres a r32 with a cage through the dash, what you were looking for.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff96/willrobdon/DSC00531.jpg