PDA

View Full Version : sr20det bottom end bearings

johns13silvia
23-05-09, 16:24
lads does anyone know weather you can change the bottom end bearings on an sr20det without takin out the engine ,im under a bit of presure to get them done before next weekend for punchestown

nissan_doctor
23-05-09, 22:30
you can but to change all the bottom bearings you'll need to support the engine, remove the subframe, gearbox and then sump. Its not a great deal more time consuming to remove the engine and at least you can get a proper inspection then.

johns13silvia
26-05-09, 20:40
yeah was looking at the subframe alrite im just gonna take out the engine cos if theres damage to the shaft which i think there is by the sound of it at least ill be able to get that out aswell and get it done .
definitly no chance of making punchestown now

s13-ste
26-05-09, 20:52
just drive it on at puncherstown and if it dies it dies, your doing the work anyway so why not.

nissan_doctor
26-05-09, 22:45
your doing the work anyway so why not.

Because it get alot more expensive if one of the rods punches a hole in the block and makes shit of everything rather then just having the crank ground and a new set of shells!

johns13silvia
28-05-09, 19:05
im just gonna wait and get the crank done and new shells really dont want to damage anything else

yowdy
30-05-09, 09:04
im just gonna wait and get the crank done and new shells really dont want to damage anything else

better to take it safe mate,put back acl bearings when you do,

johns13silvia
31-05-09, 06:36
where can i get my hands on acl bearings yowdy and are they alot better?