PDA

View Full Version : Mondello Drift Practice 19th March Aftermath

Administrator
19-03-11, 18:34
How did everyone get on today? Plenty of thrills and spills as usual!

Can't believe how well we got on in the Silvia on my first time out in Mondello, wasn't as daunting as I thought!

Anyone got pics and stuffs?

danmoorhead
19-03-11, 18:39
savage day!!!! got my boost controler working after lunch so finally had power again!!!! need a back bumper and exhaust do!! :D

PeterT
19-03-11, 18:41
Just in!

Car didn't run till after lunch, big thanks to John twincam raper for a hose!

I wasn't driving well today tbh, lack of handbrake kept catching me out and meant I couldn't do big entries. Couldn't select 3rd or 2nd without lots of crunching so that
box is fucked I think. Also oil everywhere again, dipstick kept blowing out and oil pressure appears to have dropped lots. So not realy a good day in terms of my driving or my car! Haha.

Awesome fun all the same! And I did my bit for charity! Ha.

Oh and I rubbed the pit wall!

Wasn't driving w

babyeater690
19-03-11, 18:45
had a savage day out pissed threw far to many tyres and on the last outing the big end went in the soarer have to go find a new engine now sick but at least it lasted the hole day:D

JohnC
19-03-11, 18:49
was a cooooold day

i only got there to watch at 2.....was late getting on the list for martins spins but still gave a donation

my mate was the guy with the two (well one and a half) volvos.hahaha

Taffy
19-03-11, 18:52
had a good start to the day till bart lost it in fronrt of me and we had a tip all went down hill after that :(

JohnC
19-03-11, 18:54
had a good start to the day till bart lost it in fronrt of me and we had a tip all went down hill after that :(

heard you got burnt....you ok?

1-JAY-Z
19-03-11, 18:55
How bad was the tip? Gutted I couldnt get to this one,

danny86
19-03-11, 19:00
was good day up there today i taught lots of tyre smoke..fuckin wind would cut ya in two walkin around doh..
was talkin to a few members..
some nice cars up there too..

didnt know that was your first day out in mondello darragh you were doin well in that 14..

Micko
19-03-11, 19:05
Good day out spectating.

Chris Brady was epic and seriously fast!!! will be a major contender this year.

Nice driving from Ffrenchie aswell smoke machine!

Donal Garry pulling nice entries into honda at the end of the day

Chap in the ps13 (cliffs old one) was entertaining to say the least lol

Great go in petes yoke for a standard 32!!!

Taffy
19-03-11, 19:09
heard you got burnt....you ok?

yeh got my hand burnt and my face has a little less hair now will live tho :D

Taffy
19-03-11, 19:11
How bad was the tip? Gutted I couldnt get to this one,

both our rear quarters need some tlc now bart got off a little lighter

babyeater690
19-03-11, 19:12
anyone pics or vids of the day got savage weather

burner
19-03-11, 19:18
just in the door, first time drifting mondello...first time drifting the cam and had some laugh.....was a bit sceptecle at the start of the day with a crank oil leak but it stayed under control. met a few heads up there...sorry lads cant think of yer names...have the memory span of a gold fish!
Some serious drivers up there

They said it was the last of the winter season, will there be another next month or is there goin to be a wait now?

blusrule
19-03-11, 19:29
Good day! Was good that they didn't bother trying to wet the track bar once, would have been pointless today really!

Was flying until the last session so I'm happy.. First day out with xtra lock hubs from pmc-drifter and have to say they made a world of a difference.. First Day I didn't have any crashes!

Some good drifting and some sunday drivers!

Just one thing to say, don't know if the lad is on here but the same car spun in front of me 3 times today but rather than trying to stop the car he kept the boot planted and done a ring.. I had to slow up a couple of times because of this and the amount of smoke he was making I doubt he could see I was there. This was dangerous and stupid

As above pics, vids etc!!!!!

ste
19-03-11, 19:34
brill day spectating there today spoke to a few peeps..

darragh and pete savage cars ya's got and thanks to dan for bringing me out serious pilot pretty sure i shed a stone or two ha ha...

hope to have a car for next session myself

Administrator
19-03-11, 19:37
brill day spectating there today spoke to a few peeps..

darragh and pete savage cars ya's got and thanks to dan for bringing me out serious pilot pretty sure i shed a stone or two ha ha...

hope to have a car for next session myself

Cheers Ste! Do it man, definitely the most fun I've had in a car ever and not a care in the world about smacking it

Dunnedriftin
19-03-11, 19:38

fair play to you riskin gettin burnt to save derks van!!!

Some savage drivers out there today, ffrenchy, dan moorhead where on fire today! Cheers to paul for the spin, had a brown trousers moment on the straight, think you should enter the ploughin this year!! :P

bart
19-03-11, 19:40

you may get wider rear ones now....:p

Taffy
19-03-11, 19:49

joey gave me a good idea might try that first:D

if not i will be on to my sponser :D:D:D:D

pole drift
19-03-11, 19:50

and it just happens he has some in stock :D

bart
19-03-11, 19:57
and it just happens he has some in stock :D

of course joe..
i'll even drop them to his house tomorrow :D

ste
19-03-11, 20:05
Cheers Ste! Do it man, definitely the most fun I've had in a car ever and not a care in the world about smacking it

I wouldn be able for a all out tramp ya no wanna get somethin caged if possible and not down right fugly ya no I too fussy :-(

thedaggsy
19-03-11, 20:10
here's some pic of today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrMokyT7B4U

Greg
19-03-11, 20:25
Screamer pipe or an actual fire??

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/197014_194138807292426_123168414389466_499999_5471 247_n.jpg

paddymcgrath
19-03-11, 20:27
Just a quick message before I pass out ...

The day went far, far better than we could of ever hoped for. We actually DOUBLED what we originally set out to raise and it wouldn't of been possible without the help of so many of you who went the extra mile.

So many people to thank that I'm going to wait and do it properly but I'm sure they know who they are.

I really hope that anyone we managed to get out in the cars enjoyed the experience, I'm still taken aback by the amount of people that wanted to get involved today and to those who were kind enough to exceed the €10 donation, even more so those who donated and asked for nothing in return.

Full Speedhunters coverage coming during the week and I'll get a gallery of everyone I have shots of online shortly after that.

On behalf of Martin & myself,

Thank you one and all !

Martin ffrench
19-03-11, 20:29
I was wondering where my tyres were going now i know lol in to the atmosphere.

Savage day some buz press release soon with how much we raised and ill be writing a thank you to everyone that helped out in anyway. Hope anyone who came for a spin wasnt disapointed.

Taffy
19-03-11, 20:35

Savage day some buz press release soon with how much we raised and ill be writing a thank you to everyone that helped out in anyway. Hope anyone who came for a spin wasnt disapointed.

no one could say your not trying :D

ken red 180
19-03-11, 20:36
think that was an actual fire,,,,

bart
19-03-11, 20:36
more pics

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?fbid=194137687292538&id=123168414389466&aid=50848

ken red 180
19-03-11, 20:42
plenty of pics up on FB just look up jos motorsport or weses lenses,,, i"ve loads too to go up just havn"t got round to it,,,,,

blusrule
19-03-11, 20:46
here's some pic of today

Nice pics there!

bart
19-03-11, 20:46
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=194137687292538&id=123168414389466&aid=50848#!/album.php?id=100002062786030&aid=20004

Prodrifter86
19-03-11, 20:48
WOW what a day.. serious drivers out today aswell....

helpin out paddy and martin today. got to shoot some footage and stuck my go pro to martins helmet which is ace cuz he went wanderiing around the pits and even over to dereks van after the fire. lol.

Pete was goin pretty well . 1 of the lads got some wall tagging on a video.

Cudnt believe it when 1 of the lads picked up Chris bradys car from the rear off the ground. seriously light.........

and Shane Mackan. some dude. think he broke his gearbox or linkages. aswell as loosing his bumper and sideskirt. and even had a little talk with a bale at honda cornor backwards! haha class 1..

it was great to see the drift community coming out and offering to take passengers out for the Charity raiser. which was pretty good.

Peter taylor took a guy out and when he came back in after doing some serious Manjaiing. the guy in the passenger seat looked a tiny bit white in the face :D

took no pics today as it was nice for a change to chill out and help out the lads with the charity.

SRray
19-03-11, 20:49

Fair play to Martin,Paddy and the WKD crew!:)

Meself and Lorraine had a savage laugh out in the Wexican Altezza and my god it is a weapon!!:eek::eek:

Really precise and so controlable in transition,so its going to be backwards everywhere in 2011 ha ha!:D

Thanks for a great spin for a great cause guys!:)

http://http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/SR22RAY/March%20Mondello/215.jpg

pinny
19-03-11, 20:52
some class pics there... def hope to get to mondello when i get the hang of the 180
great to see a charity being helped out too, fair play to all involved there

garyae86
19-03-11, 21:10
what a day lads
weather was serious the hole day:eek:
have to say some serious drivers out there dan morhead martin french 2 serious drivers i watched them all day well enjoyed day and thank darragh for the stickers :D cant wait to be out for next one :D who had the matt black cam out today??????

insejn
19-03-11, 21:18
jesus micks or what his name skyline looks the job, drift cars need to be low and kitted!

Fredericks Balls
19-03-11, 21:53
Anyone here after Mondello?

Towing a Black S14 (on what looked like white grids, rear bumper a bit damaged) on an A frame behind a white van on the N3 heading to the M50, about half 5. Maybe they were avoiding the toll bridge!

kennethmurph
19-03-11, 22:04
here's some pic of today

sweet pic of my car at 3:12... any chance u could send it on?

pinny
19-03-11, 22:08
what a day lads
weather was serious the hole day:eek:
have to say some serious drivers out there dan morhead martin french 2 serious drivers i watched them all day well enjoyed day and thank darragh for the stickers :D cant wait to be out for next one :D who had the matt black cam out today??????

burner would be the man in the matt black cam

hunty_sideways
19-03-11, 22:19
What a day left the house at 6am and got home 13 hours later,but well worth it thanks to taffy and Bart for the passo spins even though taffy must off got jealous and tried to come in the rear quarter to get me :D
Martin ffrench and the wkd crowd deserve a big well done for the work they done today,
PeterT can honestly say for a car you say ran shit looked shit hot in the last couple off hours
Looking forward to prodrift this year high quality off new drivers out there today;)

git
19-03-11, 22:52
What a day left the house at 6am and got home 13 hours later,but well worth it thanks to taffy and Bart for the passo spins even though taffy must off got jealous and tried to come in the rear quarter to get me :D
Martin ffrench and the wkd crowd deserve a big well done for the work they done today,
PeterT can honestly say for a car you say ran shit looked shit hot in the last couple off hours
Looking forward to prodrift this year high quality off new drivers out there today;)

defo ! ...........

retro head
20-03-11, 01:41
as usual i took a while to get into the swing of it also hampered by a few electrical,health and gravel trap issues so i only got two decent sessions in the whole day but fun was had!:Dcant wait for the long summer days driftin:)

@pete glad i could sort you out that pipe was made for the job!thanks for the spin that power is fukin addictive only my third time in a nissan yoke!6 bangers rock:cool:

anyone see me take out the cones on the pitlane?would have love to of seen that, a video would be cool!

Just one thing to say, don't know if the lad is on here but the same car spun in front of me 3 times today but rather than trying to stop the car he kept the boot planted and done a ring.. I had to slow up a couple of times because of this and the amount of smoke he was making I doubt he could see I was there. This was dangerous and stupid

your talking about me arent you, i dont think it was stupid its the obvious thing to do,its the same as when on the road someone slams on their brakes and gets rearended its always the other drivers fault you should be watching for that,i tipped a guy last year i was behind because he spun and stalled on honda am i to blame him? no cos it was my fault for being to close behind to take evasive action

anyway who said drifting should be anything other than dangerous and stupid!!

Taffy
20-03-11, 08:26
here's some pic of today

savage one of me 1.17

PeterT
20-03-11, 09:27

Last few runs it was getting deeeath alrite haha! Needs work now:( gearbox/handbrake/possibly piston rings!!

blusrule
20-03-11, 09:35
your talking about me arent you, i dont think it was stupid its the obvious thing to do,its the same as when on the road someone slams on their brakes and gets rearended its always the other drivers fault you should be watching for that,i tipped a guy last year i was behind because he spun and stalled on honda am i to blame him? no cos it was my fault for being to close behind to take evasive action

anyway who said drifting should be anything other than dangerous and stupid!!

If you were in a cam then no it wasn't you. No it's not the thing to do and I wasn't that close to him obviously when I could avoid him. Just dosn't make sense keeping the foot down when there is plenty of track to try slow the car down on.

Ha yeah it should be dangerous and stupid but two cars crashing on a practice day shouldn't happen

Blacklimited
20-03-11, 09:35
Did they leave the track dry this time?

blusrule
20-03-11, 09:37
Did they leave the track dry this time?

Yeah,they tried wetting it once but was way too hot to last

Boltz
20-03-11, 10:41
Good day! Was good that they didn't bother trying to wet the track bar once, would have been pointless today really!

Was flying until the last session so I'm happy.. First day out with xtra lock hubs from pmc-drifter and have to say they made a world of a difference.. First Day I didn't have any crashes!

Some good drifting and some sunday drivers!

Id have to agree, Dry Track is fckin brilliant, faster and more smoke

ste
20-03-11, 10:48
Some good drifting and some sunday drivers!!!!!!

suppose you didnt need practise your naturally that good:(.... its your attitude that puts lads like me off doing practise days for fear of getting in peoples way

Dunnedriftin
20-03-11, 10:56
suppose you didnt need practise your naturally that good:(.... its your attitude that puts lads like me off doing practise days for fear of getting in peoples way

Ste go and get out there!!

Mondello was only my second time out ever and i just jumped into the deep end! You be grand...

ste
20-03-11, 10:59
oh i will colm few more weeks to go, just the above sorta attitude puts some lads off ya no, everyones gotta learn

Dunnedriftin
20-03-11, 11:08
oh i will colm few more weeks to go, just the above sorta attitude puts some lads off ya no, everyones gotta learn

Ah i know, sure i didnt know what to expect! Il be out soon again i hope :cool:

Bennyk1122
20-03-11, 11:08
Had a lethal day, only got the car going right in the afternoon due to my wastegate sticking shut, cheer Chris B for the exhaust paste done the trick

pole drift
20-03-11, 11:11
If you were in a cam then no it wasn't you. No it's not the thing to do and I wasn't that close to him obviously when I could avoid him. Just dosn't make sense keeping the foot down when there is plenty of track to try slow the car down on.

Ha yeah it should be dangerous and stupid but two cars crashing on a practice day shouldn't happen

If you hit someone in mondello cos they spin out and your too close its your tough shit, your guaranteed to hav someone spin so ya should giv plenty of room

mickel
20-03-11, 11:18
was my first day out and all i can say is

fukin savage,can't wait for the next day

myself and the bro were in the wine e36 saloon

have to thank chris brady for the engine oil (sound man)

cheers to jay for the stickers sorry for holdin ya up:rolleyes:

need some shocks and proper hydro for next time.

blusrule
20-03-11, 11:41

That's not what I ment, there was a few that seemed to be driving the track. Really if your paying the 125e would you not use it? And I saw you drifting before so you'd be well able for it

If you hit someone in mondello cos they spin out and your too close its your tough shit, your guaranteed to hav someone spin so ya should giv plenty of room

I don't mind lads spinning, it's when they start doing rings on the track rather than checking if anything is coming that I don't like. It only takes a minute to stop the car and check

Stevo
20-03-11, 11:45
That's not what I ment, there was a few that seemed to be driving the track. Really if your paying the 125e would you not use it? And I saw you drifting before so you'd be well able for it

Short memory from when you first done mondello :rolleyes: Lads drive to there ability, also on a hot day like yesterday drifting 2-3 laps then doing a handy spin was the way to go to keep temps down..

blusrule
20-03-11, 11:48
Short memory from when you first done mondello :rolleyes: Lads drive to there ability, also on a hot day like yesterday drifting 2-3 laps then doing a handy spin was the way to go to keep temps down..

Nah I dont have a short memory, sure I crashed the first few days...

Yeah I was taking a few handy laps asswell, it was just a off hand comment. Didn't mean anything bad by it

Just want to say that sunday driver comment was just a joke but I can see how it mightn't look like it to some people

Boltz
20-03-11, 11:57
Had a lethal day, only got the car going right in the afternoon due to my wastegate sticking shut, cheer Chris B for the exhaust paste done the trick

Well Lad have to say you were definatly smokin big style yesterday, serious speed on the top corner fair play to ya. When u get ur new turbo fitted we'll not be able to see you at all :) Keep er Lit

Boltz
20-03-11, 12:08
Hi Lads i was just checking the Mondello calander Drift Dates, it seems there's no day in April and the next day is Sunday the 1st May '11, Thats feckin 6 weeks away, i cudnt wait that long. Does any1 know of any other events coming up for Drift Practice :confused: ??????????????

eric25
20-03-11, 12:15
was up there with one the lads he has his e30 out. was savage day and some serious talent out their and some people to look out for in near future,martin frenchs car is amazin and some serious smoke and drivin fair play... would love to be able to afford a track car but so hard to save up the money,hopefully soon :D

bruno s14
20-03-11, 12:27
mondello was good crack 2 day! good weather donal garry/ alan lenihan/ dan moorehead all pullin savage angles into honda!! frenchys machine is just a smoke machine savage car!! 2 other lads didnt know there names 1 was drivin a silver 180 wit rota drift grids.. d other was drivin a wine 180 wit bronze rota torks 2 good pilots fair play!!

Joe
20-03-11, 12:38
good oul day in mondello yesterday , good driving by all on the day ,
drivers should be grouped by skill/experience as all the drives know what level they are all at
Big thanks to the Wkd team , Wez has a great set up and was unlucky with is car on the day , Td06 next ? Barry needs a r230 diff , simple or something from a jcb fasttrack !

Ffrench was on form all day ,14+ tyres all day and would have done more only for the wee diff said now more late into the afternoon ! The SrAltezza is doing great on its second day out and didnt miss a beat after getting a seasons worth of abuse in an afternoon in Mondello .

Also a few lads had some very bad luck yesterday , first Chris b in his new Sr86 who had a small misfortune and was very unlucky
and the tyre man who kept everyone going all day with change tyres , hope no one was hurt too bad

Bennyk1122
20-03-11, 12:53
Well Lad have to say you were definatly smokin big style yesterday, serious speed on the top corner fair play to ya. When u get ur new turbo fitted we'll not be able to see you at all :) Keep er Lit

thats her starting to go the way i want now, could only do the top corner in the wet before lol

Bennyk1122
20-03-11, 12:55
Keep an eye out on driftin.co.uk for more pics of mondello im sure Gary has a few tasty ones there.

wayne.c
20-03-11, 13:46
was a good day for me. car went well all day big thanks to martin @ westward for mapping the car so well:D
tink its a white 14 bluesrule is on bout i saw him twice spin out. whats wrong with that who doesn't spin out i even did.. but when that lad spun out tink he forgot there was cars behind him he justs does a ring on the track to make smoke. one ting bout these days you have to watch the lad in front of ya for spining out there is all kind of drivers on track. a good day over all..

Greg
20-03-11, 15:07

I think what he is saying is that when you spin, stop where you are for a second and don't move until the track is clear. It gives the person coming up behind you a better chance to avoid you because they can see where you are. But if you decide to bury the boot and do a donut then who knows where you're going to end up and a big smash is inevitable.

hunty_sideways
20-03-11, 17:15
Anybody know who the white ps13 with the 4 black wheels was ? It's not dod's one he was runnin gold centre's with chrome lip on the back?

blusrule
20-03-11, 17:26
I think what he is saying is that when you spin, stop where you are for a second and don't move until the track is clear. It gives the person coming up behind you a better chance to avoid you because they can see where you are. But if you decide to bury the boot and do a donut then who knows where you're going to end up and a big smash is inevitable.

This is exactly what I meant, Having a tip off another car should not happen and it only takes a minute to stop and have a lookm if the way is clear. When they do rings and your behind them its hard to know what way to avoid them

Cezeli
20-03-11, 17:30
This is exactly what I meant, Having a tip off another car should not happen and it only takes a minute to stop and have a lookm if the way is clear. When they do rings and your behind them its hard to know what way to avoid them

I agree - seen this happen a few times y-day :(

lsd32
20-03-11, 17:58
the unwritten rules in drifting is if you spin you stay where you are till the chase car passes,only move to avoid a collision

Prodrifter86
20-03-11, 18:09
Anybody know who the white ps13 with the 4 black wheels was ? It's not dod's one he was runnin gold centre's with chrome lip on the back?

i would like to no too. did you see the mad angle he was going into honda doing? crazyy shit

robbieb
20-03-11, 18:24
Wish i had of went 2 this now seemed 2 be some serious machinery at this

ken red 180
20-03-11, 18:52
aftermath thats it in one,,,, fucking car was wrote off in the last session over some dick-head spinning off track in front of me..i was flaking around the back of the pits in 3rd saw him go off and kept the shoe in as ya do then for some stupid fucked up reason he decides to rejoin the track meanwhile i was still flat out flicking back for the pit entrance then he decides to stop dead on track leaving me hitting him at speed with my drivers door taking all the force of the accident,,hitting he"s boot square on.....then he bearly comes up at the end of the day and appoliges..{sorry i never asked u were u okay} then goes off,, anyway i think they should have seperate groups for idiots,,, wat ye"S reckon????

Boltz
20-03-11, 19:06
the unwritten rules in drifting is if you spin you stay where you are till the chase car passes,only move to avoid a collision

Well said that man!! ;)

Prodrifter86
20-03-11, 19:15
Rubbin is racing!!!! yeeehawww

ken red 180
20-03-11, 19:16
it has to be done...too many lunatics out there on the track with no consideration for anybody else.... it will be too late when someone is serriously injured

chrisbrady325
20-03-11, 19:23

no probs lad glad to be of help, its not nice having to pack up and go home early! keep her lit lad :)

chrisbrady325
20-03-11, 19:24
was my first day out and all i can say is

fukin savage,can't wait for the next day

myself and the bro were in the wine e36 saloon

have to thank chris brady for the engine oil (sound man)

cheers to jay for the stickers sorry for holdin ya up:rolleyes:

need some shocks and proper hydro for next time.

no probs lad anytime! :)

chrisbrady325
20-03-11, 19:30
Good Dry day out there yesterday, car was goin well, running on low boost in the morning session, then cranked her up a little for afternoon, which i was loving and getting the feel for the car, but then down the straight it all went wrong, and had a bit of a bang with rocco... actually a brave slap! when taking one of the passangers for a run for ffrenchie and wez.. im just glad no1 was hurt especially the passanger, parts can be replaced!!!

Great to see a few old faces its been awhile!!

now to tackle into benching and fixing the car for round 1!!

Thanks to meego,Daly and the lads for helping me get the car onto the trailer, thanks :D

Dunnedriftin
20-03-11, 19:43
I agree with some of the comments on here, but i think there should be some sort of organisation into groups some how or something, Im far from a semi pro myself but i know the basics & im out for fun and not out to put others into danger or wreck mine or there car!

Some lads out there where in pure shitters, dont give a shite, spining out then just doing rings, smoking the place & no consideration for cars coming around the corner or bend before them, not being able to see them and smack into them if its be! i seen 1 particular twincam spin on dunlop, he just planted the boot & didnt care about anybody else on the track coming after him!

Then there was the lads in the compleate shitters, diesel included iirc ? just they shouldnt be out with the lads with the cars worth 10+ times more than theres!

I know the end of the day its the chance you take going out & pickers cant be choosers...

Dunnedriftin
20-03-11, 20:02
who was drivin the Light Sky Blue S14.5

clifford106447
20-03-11, 20:03
thats my friends old car

ken red 180
20-03-11, 20:03
well said but i don"t think it will change.... i"m at the loss of my car i now have to reshell over this sorta thing but thats the chance u take... my car was only worth about 8k saying that i can salvage most of the stuff.... i don"t think i could drive around mondello like some of the lads up there with 20 to 30k worth of cars waiting for someone in a shitbox to write ya off.... so wise up mondello and get some sort of groups organised

Derk
20-03-11, 20:39
I was on fire all day............ Well for a minute or two anyway :D
I blame Ffrenchie.. He had me so busy doin tyres that the van just exploded.

Get well soon Taffy buddy xxxxxx :)

hunty_sideways
20-03-11, 20:49
Honestly i think the groups run well the way they are :confused:
Think off a full group off what you call "idiots in shitboxs" would be fair annoying for you or somebody else that booked in late and got put into that group because the rest were full :rolleyes:
You get everyone on here saying it was a great day but there is always 2,3 people that are never happy
Don't fix something thats not broken and as for people spinning out and been dangerous when rejoining throw a hand up in the morning brief if it gets on your tits that much ;)

Martin ffrench
20-03-11, 20:53
I was on fire all day............ Well for a minute or two anyway :D
I blame Ffrenchie.. He had me so busy doin tyres that the van just exploded.

Some boy to change tyres must be said guys he did not charge one penny for changing my tyres for the day and all in aid of charity. And i suppose i could take some part f the blame id say the poor tyre machine hasnt been that flat in a while. (that van will never die)

Some day i had a blast, hats off to the altezza for staying going nearly all day the diff exploded at 4pm.

And a massive thanks to everyone who helped out barry, wez, dan (wkd) paddy (pmcgphotos) alvin ,murray, chris brady, derk, cristy for tyres and everyone else who helped in anyway.

PeterT
20-03-11, 21:02
who was drivin the Light Sky Blue S14.5

Duno but he was just driving around in the middle gettin in my way!

git
20-03-11, 21:04
Duno but he was just driving around in the middle gettin in my way!

ohhh angry peter :D

Boltz
20-03-11, 21:04
I agree with some of the comments on here, but i think there should be some sort of organisation into groups some how or something, Im far from a semi pro myself but i know the basics & im out for fun and not out to put others into danger or wreck mine or there car!

Some lads out there where in pure shitters, dont give a shite, spining out then just doing rings, smoking the place & no consideration for cars coming around the corner or bend before them, not being able to see them and smack into them if its be! i seen 1 particular twincam spin on dunlop, he just planted the boot & didnt care about anybody else on the track coming after him!

Then there was the lads in the compleate shitters, diesel included iirc ? just they shouldnt be out with the lads with the cars worth 10+ times more than theres!

now the end of the day its the chance you take going out & pickers cant be choosers...

What about Turbo and Non Turbo Groups :) Simple's :)

<Shane>
20-03-11, 21:07
Had a very enjoyable day have to say (As a spectator) some lads really doing well. Big thanks to Dan Moorhead bringing me out for a spin,, great pilot

retro head
20-03-11, 21:15

yeah that was me id say like i said in the other thread if your comin behind you better be fukin watchin,and if you were payin attention to me you would see im liable to end up anywhere,like for fuk sake man im all over the place in third behind the pits so again i get to dunlop its not gonna be a bed of roses,its kinda obvious what can happen!:rolleyes:it is only amatuer practice after all but shor next time pipe up in briefin like hunty said
and my car is not a shitter

Dunnedriftin
20-03-11, 21:17
What about Turbo and Non Turbo Groups :) Simple's :)

not that simple... No point throwing the likes of Wez & Dan into a group with the likes of me & ste, yeah it would be some craic for a few mins tryin to catch the big boys but it would piss them off after a while with the amatures spinning etc..

Just takes some planing & scrutneering of the cars! Everyone turn up a hour earlyer & the day would even be more sucessful!

Hakosuka
20-03-11, 21:31

babyeater690
20-03-11, 21:32
had a few spins lads only my third day out ever nut like that i stop or let the car roll to the side and wait only common sense boys a good few span infront of me and just kept the foot down (leathal) youl kill someone some day at that crack if nobody else says anytin at the next one i will i dont have the cash for a reshell over somthin that could have been avoidable

retro head
20-03-11, 21:40
if in briefing the next time we are told not to keep the shoe in after a spin then i wont ever do it again because unlike a lot of people at trackdays i try to to stick to the rules,spectating at the driftday in janurary the marshels would have to of thrown the yellow flag through most drivers windscreen for the them take notice when there was an off on the outside of a bend at the back of the pits

i could go on with other incidents but id rather not:)

si_berry
20-03-11, 22:37
Had a whooper day myself! I had about 5 spins throughout the entire day. But, I waited till the tail cars got by before I drove it on again. I seen a few people spinning out and keeping the foot planted... one orange s14 nearly hit some fella spinning after a crash! I'd say he was well pissed off.

Mondello must have a record of all the drivers for the last while or so. If people are regulars and/or Pro there names will be down on the list. If Mondello can count the number of times someone has been out on the track, maybe they could judge there competence and divide the groupings on this???

joey banana s14
20-03-11, 23:13
Good Dry day out there yesterday, car was goin well, running on low boost in the morning session, then cranked her up a little for afternoon, which i was loving and getting the feel for the car, but then down the straight it all went wrong, and had a bit of a bang with rocco... actually a brave slap! when taking one of the passangers for a run for ffrenchie and wez.. im just glad no1 was hurt especially the passanger, parts can be replaced!!!

Great to see a few old faces its been awhile!!

now to tackle into benching and fixing the car for round 1!!

Thanks to meego,Daly and the lads for helping me get the car onto the trailer, thanks :D

what a great attitude to have about the whole thing man you were on fire, we were the nutters standing on the railing on the main straight everytime you passed i was gointa go introduce myself and get a spin with you until the little tap hope wasnt too much damage anyway well done man

Gar-4-age 86
21-03-11, 01:29
if in briefing the next time we are told not to keep the shoe in after a spin then i wont ever do it again because unlike a lot of people at trackdays i try to to stick to the rules,spectating at the driftday in janurary the marshels would have to of thrown the yellow flag through most drivers windscreen for the them take notice when there was an off on the outside of a bend at the back of the pits

i could go on with other incidents but id rather not:)

Very true....simple track rules that for some reason the majority of people ignore?? if some dude spins off its the marshalls responsibity to lift the yellow flag your(as the oncoming driver) responsibilty to pay attention to the flag so that the spun out driver can get back on track asap its very simple really...

As for splitting the classes betweo and non-turbo :eek: then we'd never het to chase down nissans :p

chrisbrady325
21-03-11, 09:19
what a great attitude to have about the whole thing man you were on fire, we were the nutters standing on the railing on the main straight everytime you passed i was gointa go introduce myself and get a spin with you until the little tap hope wasnt too much damage anyway well done man

next time get an arm band and give me a shout i'd take yous out for a run no bother :)