PDA

View Full Version : overheating bmw e39 525 1995

cazzy
13-09-09, 10:38
as above lads i was driving car till friday everything was ok,yesterday took it for a spin on my way to dublin didnt make 15kn before it started boiling.on friday i had left it running for like 10-15min to charge the battery i had replaced.now the car is boiling like fuck so any ideas?????
i am just gonna remove all the hoses and run them down just in case there is a blocked one but any ideas beside that most welcome especially on how to check/location of thermostat on bmw 525 e39 95reg.
how do i test it.
thnx will check on replies as i go along

Stevo
13-09-09, 10:47
as above lads i was driving car till friday everything was ok,yesterday took it for a spin on my way to dublin didnt make 15kn before it started boiling.on friday i had left it running for like 10-15min to charge the battery i had replaced.now the car is boiling like fuck so any ideas?????
i am just gonna remove all the hoses and run them down just in case there is a blocked one but any ideas beside that most welcome especially on how to check/location of thermostat on bmw 525 e39 95reg.
how do i test it.

Head gasket lad:(

rancido64
13-09-09, 11:02
how do i test it.

To find the thermostat, run the engine til it heats up a bit, there should be a pipe at the top and a pipe at the bottom of the rad, the one that's cold should lead to the thermostat iirc.
Could be a fucked thermostat or airlocked, just hope it ain't the head gasket

twailbait
13-09-09, 20:36
BMW have shitty fans, could be that.

JDM
13-09-09, 21:41
you mustt of been givin her a bit of stick they do that after getting to much hard ship id go with stevo head or pipes bloked

cazzy
14-09-09, 16:34
ha ha ha thnx for the replies lads,i had run the car low on coolant and it had taken air so i bled the system and its the easiest car to bleed no hussle needed just a small screwdriver and lots of water till the bubles r no more and then i ran it 2times and leaving it to cool down next thin i was on my way to waterford around 8-9pm and till 4-5am dis morning it was running a charm no overheating sign at all.
thnx again for the hints lads.:D

rancido64
14-09-09, 19:04
glad ya got sorted :)

Fearghal Murphy
15-09-09, 11:15
BMW have shitty fans, could be that.

Ye like timmy said, the fans are bollox n do fuck all when the car is sittin still !! Bang a few screws in the fan to make it work better, cus its viscous otherwise ! Gluck aniway lad , hope ya get it sorted out man !! I feel your pain, as does Timmy id say haha !!

cazzy
15-09-09, 22:47
me too man i am glad i sorted it out.that was the easiest fix ever in my world of trying to fix cars ha ha ha.the best part didnt break anything coz there was nothing i could break.i normally fix smethn and break smethn at the same time.ok now for a different bit,i am looking to get a soarer 2.5gt-t its limitted to 112mph i think how do i get it de-limmited coz it has potential of 180mph.:D