PDA

View Full Version : rocker cover paint

pigeon316
11-03-11, 09:39
where can you get some mad looking rocker cover paint (VHT) or could you use normal paint and coat it with vht lacquer after. thanks in advance.

way2fastforu
11-03-11, 10:21
you can use normal paint jus use good quality primer an it'll be fne

andy t
11-03-11, 10:29
i got a mad glow-yellow in da motor factors...

normal paint does da job. just go through da process properly & twill be mint

pigeon316
11-03-11, 11:39
whats the proper process and il giv it a go?

would ya need to use vht primer?

mkano22
11-03-11, 12:33
use a two pak primer put on 3 coats and will be fine

Stuey
11-03-11, 17:04
Wrinkle paint like what comes on vtecs always looks well on rocker covers if it could be got in a mad green colour or something would be sweet

ian g sr20
11-03-11, 17:51
i did this with mine every 1 seems to paint them
before
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac189/anto180/180%20and%20altezza/08082009204.jpg
after
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac189/anto180/12012010021.jpg

zetecmunki
14-03-11, 00:48
Ye lad normal paint is grand I have done it a few times now you just need to be patient thats all.
The steps are take the rocker cover off spray degreaser on it and then put it in boilin water to get all the impuritys out of it then you need to sand it down try to stay patient enought to bring her back to bare metal cause you get the best result. so after sandin it down wipe it down so there is no dust or anything on it. then you need to primer it I always give it about 3 coats of primer or on large spray can. then let that dry or to speed up the process you can use a hairdryer but dont hold it to close it will blister. Then start to spray you color do light coats and I always do between 4-6 coats depending but let dry between each coat again you can use the hairdryer but dont hold to close. when thats done you should give it a rub down with wet and dry 1000-1200 grit use water with this though stops friction burns like then wipe it down when your happy spay your laquer and again 2-3 coats lettin dry in between. The most important thing with sprayin is dont spray to close and do it in like misting coats if ya get me. I f you need anything else let me kno just throw me a pm. Heres one I done for babyeater the pic is shit took it off my phone

-BigDave-
14-03-11, 02:00
Been thinking of doing mine as well lately. Want to do it purple with a glitter through it. think it'l look mad! Anybody know where i can get that glitter paint?

zetecmunki
14-03-11, 14:53
Been thinking of doing mine as well lately. Want to do it purple with a glitter through it. think it'l look mad! Anybody know where i can get that glitter paint?

Glitter paint is hard enough to find in a can like cause the size of the flake in the paint wont spray through the nozzle you would prob have to spray witha gun to be honest... I have a bit of experience in paint like I do airbrushing and that as a hobbie and hane never seen glitter paint in a can but you should be able to get enough paint to do a rocker for about 12-15 yoyo's in a paint suppliers If ya need anything else let me know lad