PDA

View Full Version : Goldstone drift record attempt on the 7th june

Goldstone drift
23-05-09, 12:11
Well how yous all goldstone drift is havin a world record attempt on the 7th of june we are goin to get as many cars doin rings on the track at the same time:D.
Gates open at 10:30 and it will be on most the day:) so remember the more that come the better so hope to see u their.

So if u wanna take part give me a shout.

Goldstone drift track can be rented for learning how to drive ,drift or to practice before any events

Drift lessons also available

serious tom
23-05-09, 12:24
i think the learning how to drive is a good idea,
for people like me who are under license age its the difference from other tracks, like i needa know how to do the normal stuff like get used to changing gears flat out etc,
but i need a car 1st ;)

Goldstone drift
23-05-09, 12:33
i think the learning how to drive is a good idea,
for people like me who are under license age its the difference from other tracks, like i needa know how to do the normal stuff like get used to changing gears flat out etc,
but i need a car 1st ;)

Well get a car man and come on down:D

sylviamad
23-05-09, 12:58
is the record gona be official ?? is it the most cars doing donuts at the same time record yea as thats 29 cars, will there be enough room

s13-ste
23-05-09, 13:00
so do we have to pay in to take part in this or can we just go down and help make name for the trck for free?

Goldstone drift
23-05-09, 18:57
is the record gona be official ?? is it the most cars doing donuts at the same time record yea as thats 29 cars, will there be enough room

Yep it sure is goin to be offical fathead and its that record alri .

Few small changes to the track man:D

Can i count u in???

Goldstone drift
23-05-09, 18:59
so do we have to pay in to take part in this or can we just go down and help make name for the trck for free?

Its 20 euro to enter your car in the record attempt and 10 euro for spectators man the track is already well known u ever been down their.:D

Barry
23-05-09, 23:49
Have ye got that big hump gone outve the top of the near bend, because i know that alone is keeping alot of lads away.

serious tom
24-05-09, 00:26
LMAO - i can just picture the most random huge bump in the middle of the track LOL:D
everything perfect apart from this one big fuck off bump LOL:D

-im only messing but i had to post as it made me laugh:D

Stevo
24-05-09, 11:41
Have ye got that big hump gone outve the top of the near bend, because i know that alone is keeping alot of lads away.

X2 anything been done about the surface??

PeterT
24-05-09, 11:47
the reason ive never been there is that car airborn making bump hafway down, wouldnt do that to my car. and thats saying alot.

but shouldnt this be a diffing event or something as it has nout to do with drifting

Chuck_g
24-05-09, 11:54
Diffing, Drifting its all the same

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :)

Barry
24-05-09, 11:55
the reason ive never been there is that car airborn making bump hafway down, wouldnt do that to my car. and thats saying alot.

but shouldnt this be a diffing event or something as it has nout to do with drifting

Thats the one im talking bout pete, i broke my exhaust in bits when i landed and my bumper, and i agree it is a diffing event not a drifting one.

s15_spec_r
24-05-09, 11:59

lol like a lamb to the slaughter hahaha

PeterT
24-05-09, 12:15
do something new, something differant, something fun FFS! like the longest train of people actualy drifting it! or something.

Administrator
24-05-09, 12:23
do something new, something differant, something fun FFS! like the longest train of people actualy drifting it! or something.

What he said.

I reckon a tramp drift day out at Goldstone would be a great idea. That way people won't really give a toss about the surface on the track, or smacking into someone else, and it will be soooooooooooo much fun. Add a few choons, some food and some caaaaaaaans and you've got the recipe for an epic day at that track.

Anyone else be up for that? I'll get the Scorpio

Stevo
24-05-09, 12:29
What he said.

I reckon a tramp drift day out at Goldstone would be a great idea. That way people won't really give a toss about the surface on the track, or smacking into someone else, and it will be soooooooooooo much fun. Add a few choons, some food and some caaaaaaaans and you've got the recipe for an epic day at that track.

Anyone else be up for that? I'll get the Scorpio

OR they could just spend a few quid resurfacing it and make sum decent money renting it then!!!:( Jaysus i cant get the car into the garden without the exhaust scrapping never mind a lampin a mountain at full tilt:rolleyes:

Administrator
24-05-09, 12:32
OR they could just spend a few quid resurfacing it and make sum decent money renting it then!!!:( Jaysus i cant get the car into the garden without the exhaust scrapping never mind a lampin a mountain at full tilt:rolleyes:

Yeah or that. Either or I'm afraid. I wouldn't bring the 180 down at this stage though having seen and heard of the bumps.

Stevo
24-05-09, 12:37
Yeah or that. Either or I'm afraid. I wouldn't bring the 180 down at this stage though having seen and heard of the bumps.

Yup same here! sort the track out lads and you will pack it out on a regular basis;)

Barry
24-05-09, 12:41

That would be cool but its gonna cost 150k to tarmac it so i doubt they will drop that money on it

Administrator
24-05-09, 12:46
That would be cool but its gonna cost 150k to tarmac it so i doubt they will drop that money on it

My thoughts exactly. Gonna be a few years clawing that back in fairness.

Fun tramp car days out for the win.

Stevo
24-05-09, 12:48

Cant see it costing 150K thatsound feckin crazy money for a small track like that... the way things are now tho should be alot cheaper? but sure its called an investment barry, ya have to spend it to make it:) (im in one of those humours hahaha):p

Barry
24-05-09, 12:48
My thoughts exactly. Gonna be a few years clawing that back in fairness.

Fun tramp car days out for the win.

We could even have a long jump competition to see who can jump there car the furthest off the ramp at the top :D:D:D

bart
24-05-09, 12:49

yea but he'd make it back in a year:eek:;)

Administrator
24-05-09, 12:51
Cant see it costing 150K thatsound feckin crazy money for a small track like that... the way things are now tho should be alot cheaper? but sure its called an investment barry, ya have to spend it to make it:) (im in one of those humours hahaha):p

It ain't gonna be cheap whatever way you look at it. Wait until Andy gets on for a realistic quote :D

Barry
24-05-09, 12:53
yea but he'd make it back in a year:eek:;)

He would man because the place would be packed every weekend, but if he wouldnt do it in the good times he prob wont do it now:(:D

Barry
24-05-09, 12:57

That wasnt a guess stevo buddy thats a fact, he already got a load of quotes for the job including from someone on here and 150k is the absolute cheapest he got, most quotes where more............................maybe if he tarmacked it D-RIFT would bring the ''top 16'' there :D:D:D

Stevo
24-05-09, 15:07
That wasnt a guess stevo buddy thats a fact, he already got a load of quotes for the job including from someone on here and 150k is the absolute cheapest he got, most quotes where more............................maybe if he tarmacked it D-RIFT would bring the top 16 there :D:D:D

Hahaha yeh! ment tarmac more tyre friendly wooooop!:D

Nicky
24-05-09, 15:18

:eek: How very dare you...?

Diffin is a waste of time, a waste of tires, a waste of petrol, a waste of a RWD car, and last but not least, a mind numbing past time which involves going round and round and round and round in circles in a Twin Cam or a BMW 325i Sport, both the most popular vehicles of choice for "differs"

So, you were saying? :D lol

PeterT
24-05-09, 17:47
:eek: How very dare you...?

Diffin is a waste of time, a waste of tires, a waste of petrol, a waste of a RWD car, and last but not least, a mind numbing past time which involves going round and round and round and round in circles in a Twin Cam or a BMW 325i Sport, both the most popular vehicles of choice for "differs"

So, you were saying? :D lol

dont worry ,the topic of diffing, differs, the phrase diff etc have all been had and concluded that its extremely gay and shite and is meant for knackers in mcdonalds.

but anyways, somebody give me a tramp to DRIFT around goldstone!

Stevo
24-05-09, 17:52
dont worry ,the topic of diffing, differs, the phrase diff etc have all been had and concluded that its extremely gay and shite and is meant for knackers in mcdonalds.

but anyways, somebody give me a tramp to DRIFT around goldstone!

5 Series bmw wit a fooked head gasket;)

Goldstone drift
24-05-09, 19:20

This is wha this is for barry sum fundage for building the bigger track:D

Goldstone drift
24-05-09, 19:23
We could even have a long jump competition to see who can jump there car the furthest off the ramp at the top :D:D:D

Good idea dude hahahahaha:D a just run wit no front bumper and its grand boys

Goldstone drift
24-05-09, 19:28

Dude it aint that bad if u catch it rite comein out the corner u will miss the bump ha ha the way yous are talkin u think it would kill yous hahaha a only messin the tracks getin sorted very soon man call down sunday for a look and i will explain more and we will sort out a drift ireland day out:D

Theirs a drift display their to man :cool:

Barry
24-05-09, 19:32
This is wha this is for barry sum fundage for building the bigger track:D

Nice one man, good idea, i used to drift down there alot but them few bits need sorting, your place is well known if ye do sort it the place will be packed all the time :D:D:D

Stevo
24-05-09, 19:46
Nice one man, good idea, i used to drift down there alot but them few bits need sorting, your place is well known if ye do sort it the place will be packed all the time :D:D:D

What he said X2;):D

Goldstone drift
24-05-09, 20:36

Ye man u be down their wit kenna and bart didn u and hopefully so give us a bit of a hand to sort out few events so we can get the funds and we will have a great time down their :D

Can i count anyone in for the record attempt peoples:)

Barry
24-05-09, 20:53
Ye man u be down their wit kenna and bart didn u and hopefully so give us a bit of a hand to sort out few events so we can get the funds and we will have a great time down their :D

Yep no probs man, ill be wanting to do some testing in the new car down there soon anyway..................................... and with the jokes aside about the hump, if you go into the corner before tight go wide in the middle then exit tight(clipping point in comps) then you will have loads of room to get the car to swing to the right side away from the hump. This is where i learned how to drift with the help of andy, sean, kindregan and the lads :D

Goldstone drift
24-05-09, 20:59
Yep no probs man, ill be wanting to do some testing in the new car down there soon anyway..................................... and with the jokes aside about the hump, if you go into the corner before tight go wide in the middle then exit tight(clipping point in comps) then you will have loads of room to get the car to swing to the right side away from the hump. This is where i learned how to drift with the help of andy, sean, kindregan and the lads :D

A ye man carry loads speed down the straight and bang 3rd:D loads smoke ha ha ha a ye man does be a good laugh down their i allways down their wit kev

Barry
24-05-09, 21:03
A ye man carry loads speed down the straight and bang 3rd:D loads smoke ha ha ha a ye man does be a good laugh down their i allways down their wit kev

Haha noway man i came outve the far corner and pulled 3rd for the left hander and almost ended up in the car park, 2nd will do me just fine thank you :D:D

Goldstone drift
24-05-09, 21:09
Haha noway man i came outve the far corner and pulled 3rd for the left hander and almost ended up in the car park, 2nd will do me just fine thank you :D:D

Not tall man u will be able for it in the tezza ha ha

Barry
24-05-09, 21:16
Not tall man u will be able for it in the tezza ha ha

Haha well see how it goes, iv got a 1000pound kit for it, i might just leave that at home till i get the handling figured out, tires and kevs car are unforgiving WHEN i feck up:D

s13-ste
24-05-09, 22:06
iv an idea for a DI day out, you get the gear and we help with the work thus cutting cost down even more. then DI get a free day out:D

and yes i have been down to the track before

sylviamad
24-05-09, 23:57
tramp day out woop wooop beemer needs a doggin:D

Goldstone drift
25-05-09, 00:51
iv an idea for a DI day out, you get the gear and we help with the work thus cutting cost down even more. then DI get a free day out:D

and yes i have been down to the track before

Ha hahahahahahah ye man sounds like a plan workin to drift :D

Goldstone drift
25-05-09, 00:53
tramp day out woop wooop beemer needs a doggin:D

We have an omega wit welded diff for that to man ha ha great craic:D

Goldstone drift
25-05-09, 00:55
Haha well see how it goes, iv got a 1000pound kit for it, i might just leave that at home till i get the handling figured out, tires and kevs car are unforgiving WHEN i feck up:D

A sure thats the fun part man learnin the car and u were tellin me that in mondello alri u gettin the kit at the weekwnd aint u

Barry
25-05-09, 00:58
A sure thats the fun part man learnin the car and u were tellin me that in mondello alri u gettin the kit at the weekwnd aint u

Yep cant feckin wait:D

Goldstone drift
25-05-09, 01:01
Yep cant feckin wait:D

Found a colour for u to man like that 180 but not as baby poo coloured :D:D:D

Barry
25-05-09, 01:05
Found a colour for u to man like that 180 but not as baby poo coloured :D:D:D

Excuse me i take acception to that last bit:D, but do share it with me

Goldstone drift
25-05-09, 01:41
Excuse me i take acception to that last bit:D, but do share it with me

Its a bmw individual colour man so its real real posh:D:D ha ha ha.
Its like that brown but real pearly and bit lighter theirs a 3 series coupe goin round kildare that colour u prob seen it

sylviamad
25-05-09, 15:04
@goldstone drift, leeson is it?

s13-ste
25-05-09, 16:53
^^^
like this colour?
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk309/celica-ste/mayo170509/mncmayo017.jpg?t=1243270348

Goldstone drift
26-05-09, 16:41
@goldstone drift, leeson is it?

Sure is dude:D

Goldstone drift
26-05-09, 16:43
^^^
like this colour?
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk309/celica-ste/mayo170509/mncmayo017.jpg?t=1243270348

Nope dude thats pheniox yellow nice colour to cant find a pic of a car the colour i on bout anywhere.

Barry
26-05-09, 17:41
cant find a pic of a car the colour i on bout anywhere.

Ah ted thats not good enough:D

Barry
27-05-09, 01:09
^^^
like this colour?

My color is better than that ste :eek::D:D:eek:

s13-ste
27-05-09, 01:28
think not, your colour looks like my dog shat into a spray gun:D

bart
27-05-09, 13:44
think not, your colour looks like my dog shat into a spray gun:D

ha ha class.. yea barry. that is horrible. as you have been told a MILLION times already:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::ro lleyes:

Goldstone drift
27-05-09, 18:18
ha ha class.. yea barry. that is horrible. as you have been told a MILLION times already:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::ro lleyes:

Looks like sometin a left in my bog after a curry alri but everyone to their own i suppose ha ha :D

Barry
27-05-09, 18:21
Oh well you three can go bite the but end of my b*llix :D

Goldstone drift
27-05-09, 18:24
Oh well you three can go bite the but end of my b*llix :D

Rather not lad dont no where its been hahaha:p a i will find a pic of the colour i on bout no well u will like it has the baby poo look but its real nice:D

Barry
27-05-09, 18:27
Rather not lad dont no where its been hahaha:p a i will find a pic of the colour i on bout no well u will like it has the baby poo look but its real nice:D

Haha good man ill be the judge of that:D

skelly
29-05-09, 20:12
wats up peeps the bump is still der alrigth make it more fun tho on the lock stops bang 3rd away ye go...there is talks of extending the track in coming months

meego1
06-06-09, 23:08

maybe third in de wet,only man i seen down thier pull 3rd in dry is martin tyrell in de r33 ..

skelly
06-06-09, 23:22
oh ye will get 3rd i done it in me mates 350 brake 13 i went to the toilet pretty soon after tho frigthened the shit out of one of the lads on here gold stone drift ha ha ha

Barry
07-06-09, 15:00
there is talks of extending the track in coming months

What side of it are they on about extending ted.

skelly
07-06-09, 15:39
there extending it out to the forest rite down the back so it will be 3rd gear entry

Barry
07-06-09, 15:42
So is it just gonna be a longer straight into a corner the same size or is there gonna be a bigger corner or more corners in it.

skelly
07-06-09, 15:48
it gonna b a long corner as far as i know its gonna b straight down t the 3rd gear corner then back up t hold sideway for the top corner den usin the rest of the track as normal

Barry
07-06-09, 15:50
it gonna b a long corner as far as i know its gonna b straight down t the 3rd gear corner then back up t hold sideway for the top corner den usin the rest of the track as normal

Should be good so, tell them to hurry up and get digging so i can bring the tezza down:D:D

skelly
07-06-09, 15:54
ha ha will do how is it coming along