PDA

View Full Version : Formula D in October

Daraghs14a
09-09-09, 08:00
As above anybody heading over to this??
Thinking about heading over on hols to florida in October but might get a cheap flight to La then..

nissan_doctor
09-09-09, 09:39
Thinking about heading over on hols to florida in October but might get a cheap flight to La then..

It'll be a hectic couple of days out of your florida hol for that!, 6.5-7 hours to LA, 2 hour drive from LAX to Irwindale(I presume thats where it is, I haven't looked), 8 hours at the event and then return again!:eek:

Amy G
09-09-09, 09:47
It ain't 2 hours from LA, in traffic maybe yeah!
Lots of the PD boys are heading over for this too... Should be a good one, always the biggest event of the year over there anyways :cool:

nissan_doctor
09-09-09, 09:56
Thats how long it'll take if he's heading there anytime between 6.30am and 10am, Also the 405 and the 10 freeways are both dug up along the route so you'll get slowed there too.

nissan_doctor
09-09-09, 10:02
Just looked it up there, gates aren't open till 2pm so it won't be so bad...

chrisbrady325
09-09-09, 10:07
mate of mine went last year said it was serious craic!:D

Amy G
09-09-09, 10:08
Still the biggest and best event of the year to go see!... This is the fourth time I've been to it :D

Tekno Twinky
09-09-09, 11:11
Damn for the money id rather head on over to EBISU an drive some of there rental cars! Spectating kills me and especialy boring Irwindale ! bowl of concrete with no true roots to drifting or effect..

Thats just me so no i wont be going :D lol

Joe
09-09-09, 18:43
Damn for the money id rather head on over to EBISU an drive some of there rental cars! Spectating kills me and especialy boring Irwindale ! bowl of concrete with no true roots to drifting or effect..

Thats just me so no i wont be going :D lol

Ebisu is a good laugh , you would only be on the smaller course's ,not many people get to go on the minami course the use for D1 , im heading back over to japan next spring .

Hope i can head to Irwindale , if i can get the time out of collage ill go .

Mick K
09-09-09, 22:55
Our Very own Dean Kearney is competing,Will be a good trip.

Tekno Twinky
09-09-09, 23:05
Our Very own Dean Kearney is competing,Will be a good trip.

Darren Mac & Flat Eric too..

Mick K
09-09-09, 23:45
Darren Mac & Flat Eric too..

Goes without saying for those lads.

meego1
10-09-09, 09:16

Diffinitely go if you get the the chance lad, it will blow your mind,the whole set up is unreal and a proper show where the crowd are really up for it.cars and drivers just on a different level.
I was at the Red Bull world Drift championships last year and it was the best thing we ve done besides taking up drifting,and i dnt thing anything will top it, that is a fact,so go over what ever it costs.