PDA

View Full Version : A31 cefiro rebuild..''some effort''

200sx
21-02-11, 23:58
Well after haveing this car for about a year and a half or so and it pysicaly pushing me to the limit with problem after problem from engine trouble to brake trouble to handling trouble and so on.I contiplated many times selling it and breaking it but in the end i regained the faith and decided to keep the car as shes been with me a while now,shes like one off the family...So after its last batch off spanner work trying to sort stuff for a track day in mondello many months ago myself and bubble off hear fitted skyline breaks,sorted the breaking issue kinda and done aload off other jobs and we headed for mondel,the day was disaster with the turbo giving up,the rack exploading and spraying fluid everywear so all our hard work fell on tough times again,so we hit the drink and cheered ourself up,big thanks to bubble as if it wasnt for him i wouldnt off got the work done in time myself...After that the car lay up for a few months then i decide a few weeks ago it was time for a full strip and rebuild,I started stripping the engine box,diff,brake lines,tank,subframes pratically everything off the car to tidy things up and build things back up the way i wanted as alot off stuff underneath was shot and the car didnt handle at all.....with all that off i started cleaning down everything for painting and preping stuff like subframes for new bushing,undearneath for undearsealing ect.....so currently as the car sits it has no mechanics what so ever on it,its a bar shell more or less with interior,all parts undearneath are getting painted this week so things can start being build back up......i undearsealed the car last week so its looking like new undearneath,after totaly stripping my rb for some work i decide i want ted to go sr so i done a deal tonight on an sr engine with tomie pon cams,tomei cam gears,and a mapped nistune,that car has a hks.gtss and 550cc injecters and a z32 and was maken 360 bhp and 380 torque i will be putting the same stuff back on so hopefull this engine should be perfect for the sr considering the weight difference it will benifit handleing alot...plans for the car are >>>

Sr blacktop non vvti,...Hks gtss,550cc,z32,tomei pon cams,tomei cam gears produceing 360 bhp and 380 torque...''already got''

nistune ecu

180sx rack....''already got''

drift works full poly bush kit,subframe,rear lower arms,front lower arms,hubs ect.......''already got''

apexi avcr boost controller......''already got''

drift works hydro and lines.......''already got''

garage defend front cooling panel......''already got''

mishimoto alloy rad'......''already got''

os giken twin plate clutch and flywhell..''waithing to collect''

diff il be sticking with the nismo diff i already have...''already have''

Gtr 4 pot brakes and disk and twin pot rears and disk..''in talks with bubble ha''

5 stud conversion....already have

cusco camber and toe arms.......''already have''

dmax front tension rods''''already have''

s14 lower arms..''yet to get''

tein tie rods.....''yet to get''

coilovers i think il go with hsd...''yet to get''

oil cooler and filter relocater..''yet to get''

power sterring cooler ''already got''

solid sterring bush...''already got''

hella braded break lines all round...already got

braided water and oil lines...yet to get

walbro fuel pump.....''yet to get''

nismo engine mounts..''already got''
retrim in bride material on the inside,deep dish sparco or nardi,two bride seats,gauges ect. kit and wheel are yet to be decided but this can be sorted come closer the body work time this will be the last thing on the list.Thats just a quick list off the major things off the top off my head obviously there will be other bits and pieces added along the way..All the work is being done by myself and maybe bubble if i talk nicely and my trusty mate wayne on the paint...Car is going black sorry petey....few pictures off its current state,engine bay and under body bits getting painted this week so the subframes can be built back up and put back on try to keep moveing forward as much as possible.Hope yee all enjoy:)

cusco

pole drift
22-02-11, 00:01
Good lad :D

200sx
24-02-11, 00:28
got a bit done today,got the drive shaft,diff,front subframe support legs,brakets and other bits and pices painted in a bmw matalic grey,Tank and rear subframe to do tomorrow then i can get cracking with fitting my dw bushing and sticking all that back on the car...Painted all the stuff myself said i would give it a go,i think the finish is pretty good for a fella who never painted a thing in his life,painted with a gun,5 coats off paint and 5 coats off laquer!:)

200sx-slider
24-02-11, 00:33
nice job lad the car would be lovely in that colour

200sx
24-02-11, 00:35
nice job lad the car would be lovely in that colourI dont think ''light'' colours suit them tbh,dark colours are a win win,but that colour is nice!

200sx-slider
24-02-11, 00:36
if it was me personaly i would do it in that colour with black and crome wheels

subzero
24-02-11, 00:50
sounds like a good project, should look well. keep the updates coming .

silverbullitt
24-02-11, 10:42
Would love the time and space , and most importantly the "know-how" to tackle a project like this ...

fair play to ya fella

NIALL JZX
24-02-11, 10:48
good stuff lad , tidy paintin ;) best of luck with , will be a cool rig when finished. any idea on colour ?

Boo s13
24-02-11, 11:17
Stay with her Johny :P lol fair play man :D

Eoin R.
24-02-11, 11:33
hope all goes well man!! it was tuff luck at the start but now that you know wats goin into it you will know what you have!! the sr20 will be nice an revy in it compairin to the rb20...:)

200sx
24-02-11, 21:49
good stuff lad , tidy paintin ;) best of luck with , will be a cool rig when finished. any idea on colour ?Its going black nial,i know petes is black butdark colours work well in them and im liken the black so black it is!!

Stay with her Johny :P lol fair play man :Dwould you give me a job painting :p

hope all goes well man!! it was tuff luck at the start but now that you know wats goin into it you will know what you have!! the sr20 will be nice an revy in it compairin to the rb20...:)a sure always one thing or another with this car,drive for 5 minutes fix for 2 days,building it now so it will be as i want it and hopefully hassel free:)

Boo s13
24-02-11, 22:05
If u need somewhere to paint it or advise or anything man just give me a bell :)

200sx
24-02-11, 22:12
If u need somewhere to paint it or advise or anything man just give me a bell :)
i wont be painting it myself,but i might take you up on the offer off somewear to paint it:D

bubble1984
26-02-11, 01:50
i wont be painting it myself,but i might take you up on the offer off somewear to paint it:D
castus............

200sx
03-03-11, 19:58
small bit off an update.got me tank painted and refitted.....got the heat shields for the exhaust painted and fitted....dw bushing in the subframe just waiting to get new rose joints for the ajustable arms to put that all back together and back in.........alsdo picked up some goodies over the last few days......''greedy electronic oil temp,oil pressure,water temp,boost,exhaust gas temp gauges...cusco 32mm front anti roll bar,25mm rear anti roll bar,gtr front and rear brakes,296mm rear cross drilled disk and 330mm front disk and project mhu pads all round..Two ssr sp1's 17x10 sticker is gone off them so offset im unsure off but there is 4 1/2 inches off a dish on them...pictures to follow:)

NIALL JZX
03-03-11, 20:17
sweet wheels should look class on it.. good stoppin power too, nice brake upgrade. you gonna stick a hydro in it?

200sx
03-03-11, 20:19
sweet wheels should look class on it.. good stoppin power too, nice brake upgrade. you gonna stick a hydro in it?i am indeed nial :)

docco86
03-03-11, 20:24
where did ya pull the sp1s from???

200sx
03-03-11, 20:27
where did ya pull the sp1s from???heaven!!!!

GTSr32
03-03-11, 21:26
I know where ya got them!!! And those BLACK faced greddy's too!!!! Just got there before me too! I was sickend awh well glad too see there goin onto this mechine!!!!

200sx
03-03-11, 21:27
I know where ya got them!!! And those BLACK faced greddy's too!!!! Just got there before me too! I was sickend awh well glad too see there goin onto this mechine!!!!woops sorry:D...i do apolagise!!

Eoin R.
03-03-11, 21:30
this isnt in RSI is it?? was down the other day and there was a black cefiro in the corner??

200sx
03-03-11, 21:33
this isnt in RSI is it?? was down the other day and there was a black cefiro in the corner??nope not mine eoin...but thats intresting all the same..maybe a new cefiro on the block..hmmmmmmm standerd yoke or whats the story with it?

Eoin R.
03-03-11, 21:37
nope not mine eoin...but thats intresting all the same..maybe a new cefiro on the block..hmmmmmmm standerd yoke or whats the story with it?

na it was low and i think a lip kit,black,back windows tinted,ahrite-ish wheels,fmic......

paddy 180
03-03-11, 21:41
Interesting project. Sr20 setup is goin to be cool, she'll be better balanced and you'll have piece of mind with relieability aswel. The colour and the wheels are sounding good too. Keep the updates coming:).

200sx
03-03-11, 21:42
na it was low and i think a lip kit,black,back windows tinted,ahrite-ish wheels,fmic......jesus...havent heard anything around about that car...was it on irish plates do you know?

Eoin R.
03-03-11, 21:48
jesus...havent heard anything around about that car...was it on iridh plates do you know?

no plate on the front and the back was against the wall???? but she had some sort of discs on the window as far as i can remember?? il ask him wen im down the next time!! suss it out then we can banter like 2 olewans bout it!

200sx
03-03-11, 21:51
no plate on the front and the back was against the wall???? but she had some sort of discs on the window as far as i can remember?? il ask him wen im down the next time!! suss it out then we can banter like 2 olewans bout it!ata boy own,suss out the crack...id be intrested to fins out what the stroy with it is!

Eoin R.
03-03-11, 21:56
ata boy own,suss out the crack...id be intrested to fins out what the stroy with it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR-JXPbfzaU

u remember this 1? buddy of mine used to own it!

200sx
03-03-11, 21:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR-JXPbfzaU

u remember this 1? buddy of mine used to own it!Yea i remember it alright...some sound off the bee R..i had one in mine but i fucked it out...what happened that car after?

Eoin R.
03-03-11, 22:10
Yea i remember it alright...some sound off the bee R..i had one in mine but i fucked it out...what happened that car after?

he traded it in against a chaser and the lad that owned it after wrote it off!!

i must check has he any random parts for one! ive a grill in the shed for one lol