PDA

View Full Version : eBay - exaust components.

serious tom
20-02-11, 23:06
I'm going to have to buy a de cat and a down pipe. Apex across the water do both all in to the door for round £110 I think, but the crowd on eBay do both for £70 odd. Both Inc postage. Can eBay jobs be that bad? Cause they have a list of their spec and what they are made out of etc... Anyone shine any light?

Thanks,
Tom.

lsd32
20-02-11, 23:10
All the same stuff lad

serious tom
20-02-11, 23:16
Yea, was thinking that, most drift stuff is all cheap shite from the same factory.
might go with the eBay stuff.

Thanks

doyler
20-02-11, 23:21
try and get a flexi downpipe saves you the pain of changin endless manifold gaskets

serious tom
20-02-11, 23:23
Well if I'mpaying 70 quid all in, I dont think I'll be getting a flex any time soon.. If ya get me lol

srbrian
20-02-11, 23:35
I got an ebay exhaust before and it was pure shite, the fit and quality was horrible. I'd spend the extra few quid IMO and get the apex one, their stuff is well worth the extra few quid.

serious tom
20-02-11, 23:36
Even if it's just a decay and downpipe?

sidewayssr20
20-02-11, 23:41
got my decat and cat back exhaust on ebay €160 delivered to the door 2 years ago and still in perfect condition all bolts gaskets hangers so on were all perfect!!

srbrian
20-02-11, 23:41
Even if it's just a decay and downpipe?

Ya a friend of mine had problems with an ebay downpipe fouling the floor and he sent it back and got a second one, and still had the same problem. He got a japspeed one then and had no issues with it. I reckon the ebay ones are cheap for a reason! You should be safe enough with the decat tho seeing as its basically nearly a straight pipe.

yowdy
20-02-11, 23:43
the welds on the ebaystuf breake in no time

joey banana s14
20-02-11, 23:48
the welds on the ebaystuf breake in no time

x2 got a turbo elbow under a year ago for 30quid great until i took out the y
turbo the other night and you could put a 2euro coin through the elbow where welded:mad:

insejn
20-02-11, 23:53
there are all kinds on ebay, ebay is a place for shops to sell their stuff, "donedeal" or whatever, there are good brands and not as good, do your research on who is actually selling them, then ask..

Keli
21-02-11, 10:13
I'm going to have to buy a de cat and a down pipe. Apex across the water do both all in to the door for round £110 I think, but the crowd on eBay do both for £70 odd. Both Inc postage. Can eBay jobs be that bad? Cause they have a list of their spec and what they are made out of etc... Anyone shine any light?

Thanks,
Tom.

It's hit and miss to be honest.
I've gotten fake stuff off ebay and demanded my money back (those poor suckers are terrified of bad feedback :D)
I bought an exhaust bung and it was too big, even though it said it was for a 4" exhaust but then again I've bought loads of stuff that I was happy with?

sc86
21-02-11, 11:03
if its only a decat and downpipe then go for it, to much brand snobery on here...
alot of that stuff comes from the same factorys

you would be some egit to pay 1100e for that stuff, thatd nearly buy you a decent runaround these days

Sideways Simon....
21-02-11, 11:10
there are all kinds on ebay, ebay is a place for shops to sell their stuff, "donedeal" or whatever, there are good brands and not as good, do your research on who is actually selling them, then ask..

id aggree with that, you could just as easily buy sh1te stuff from a walk in shop, ebay has its fair share of replica cheap items , but also is a good outlet for better quality genuine items..

its not hit & miss either, you can usually tell the difference or even at the very least do a bit of research before purchasing

slithertooth
21-02-11, 11:32
If it's for a sr get the flexi down pipe it's a must ,

Stuey
21-02-11, 11:43
Go for it I got a de cat off eBay 3 weeks ago for my s14 and it was really good quality

curtis
21-02-11, 12:17
Bit off topic but try to get an elbow too if you don't already have one as the standard one is really restrictive.

serious tom
21-02-11, 19:43
Elbow is another £65. Flexi would be money money money

curtis
21-02-11, 23:00

You gotta pay to play, playa!:D

KVZ
23-02-11, 18:41
I`ve decat and downpipe from ebay in my r33 and i was very surprised with quality!!!
its fitted over a year and still in perfect condition.... (I got mine from US ebay)

yowdy
23-02-11, 18:54

you spend half the money you build half the car