PDA

View Full Version : ABS question

Darenm
17-02-11, 02:17
Just lookin wt way 2 go before i jump 2 far ahead i see on alot of builds people are running wit out abs thought crossed my mind
do i really need it???
How safe is it?
do i need to upgread breaks?
and finally how do i go about this?
any help would b great

cheers daren

paulr5
17-02-11, 15:36
Abs makes your braking distance longer but gives you steering control when the wheels lock, for this reason i do away with it beacuse of this and the fact it adds more weight, more lines and more wiring and more head ache........
I use braided lines, groved dicscs and good pads ebc on the road and carbon loraine for track, the above is more than enough for me, even a simple flush of the brake system with new fluid and fast road pads you will notice a difference.

some cars just need to click the h-break up one and it disables it that or pull the fuse for it,

2c

Darenm
18-02-11, 04:32
sounds lik a plan so im running standard 180 breaks will i need 2 up gread or will a good set of pads do me? for ex red stuffed pads or something similer as it will b a road car how exactly do i disconnect da abs unit from breaking system??
cheers daren

twailbait
18-02-11, 08:31
sounds lik a plan so im running standard 180 breaks will i need 2 up gread or will a good set of pads do me? for ex red stuffed pads or something similer as it will b a road car how exactly do i disconnect da abs unit from breaking system??
cheers daren

If its a road car I'd keep it. No reason to get rid of it. true that most of the time its a waste, but when you need it, you need it!! Get me?!

Darenm
19-02-11, 05:26
i get ya alri but it wont b used all day every day if u get me only b a weekend car it will only b comin out on fine sunny days so is there a real reason 2 have it