PDA

View Full Version : looking for a car for sister

jamie180sx
07-09-09, 17:42
okay my sister turned 17 today and a hunt for a car begins.im looking for something NCTed and and not to big an engine in and around 500 mark.(i dont ask for much)
any help appreciated

Stevo
07-09-09, 21:48
Title = Gud swap me thinks:p:p:D

CarlCF4
07-09-09, 22:11
I have a 97 ford fiesta, silver, 5 door, 1.8 Diesel so handy to get her used to a clutch,

All i want is 500 as thats what it stands me, has no tax but nct till Feb

In decent nick and ill even buy some hubcaps and give a clean for her, one prblem is the doorlocks are tempermental so its best to leave it open

serious tom
07-09-09, 22:59
the doorlocks are tempermental so its best to leave it open
it was going soooooooo well :D

jamie180sx
08-09-09, 10:05
I have a 97 ford fiesta, silver, 5 door, 1.8 Diesel so handy to get her used to a clutch,

All i want is 500 as thats what it stands me, has no tax but nct till Feb

In decent nick and ill even buy some hubcaps and give a clean for her, one prblem is the doorlocks are tempermental so its best to leave it open

shes the only girl i know that can take off with a tripple plate clutch but hates no power steering
fussy or what:D

CarlCF4
08-09-09, 14:55
haha, ah it has power steering lol

i would swap it for parts if you had anything for a cam or skyline that would be sufficient :)

Also if its any better, i have a 96 1.4 saloon almera, silver,
body has a few dings in it but she drives grand,
97000miles if i remember correctly
nct for 2 more months if i also remember, but the last owner lost the disk, so ll i have is the cert, no disk,
Problems: clutch cable needs some wd40, will be doing that myself as im driving it at the moment,
rev counter has a spasm every now and then , its probably a loose sensor or something, gonna have a look the weekend
the locks work fine on this one though lol

I was gonna drive this one myself for the winter as its a great little car and sell the fiesta but if its up your alley id gladly pass it on
looking for 500 for it aswell

jamie180sx
08-09-09, 15:13
haha, ah it has power steering lol

i would swap it for parts if you had anything for a cam or skyline that would be sufficient :)

Also if its any better, i have a 96 1.4 saloon almera, silver,
body has a few dings in it but she drives grand,
97000miles if i remember correctly
nct for 2 more months if i also remember, but the last owner lost the disk, so ll i have is the cert, no disk,
Problems: clutch cable needs some wd40, will be doing that myself as im driving it at the moment,
rev counter has a spasm every now and then , its probably a loose sensor or something, gonna have a look the weekend
the locks work fine on this one though lol

I was gonna drive this one myself for the winter as its a great little car and sell the fiesta but if its up your alley id gladly pass it on
looking for 500 for it aswell

any pics lad

CarlCF4
08-09-09, 15:55
of which, the fez or almera?

gav sr20
08-09-09, 18:17
have a 98 1.3 starlet green no nct 550 but just needs head lights focused used to use it for getting to work never any trouble wit it

cazzy
08-09-09, 20:44
will you lads stick some photos up so we see what they are like.
cheers.