PDA

View Full Version : gettin into drifting

jonny 3 fingers
05-09-09, 22:41
alrite lads, i'm thinking off naking the move to drifting, i was racing motoross but got a few knocks and thought this might be a better alternitive.

so some questions,

what will i need to get... car, trailer, race suit, spare wheels? drifting licence?
Costs of it... petrolfor the day, desial to get there, tryes(maybe from scrapyard???), parts, entries...
how often do parts need replacing servicing be done,
where does it take place and how often.

thanks

serious tom
05-09-09, 23:38
only from what i know (which is fuck all)

monthly practices up at nutts corner 'amatuer drift comp'
tires part worns off people or else buy new,
parts - depends what car it is,

but you looking to enter prodrift / D-rift etc?
if so ya need all the other stuff for regulations etc

s13-ste
05-09-09, 23:52
dont go jumping in at the deep end and buying a ready made drift car wi 10 million bhp and costing you 5k on fuel just to do a lap.

id suggest buying a shitter for about 4-700 and head up to nutts corner for one of the drift days and see how you get on.
you will spin out, you will shout curse at and kick the car but most of all you will smile:D:D:D and lots of all of that

tyres. if ya want to buy brand new and can afford to do so every event then do it but they are going to be burnt of at a fair rate.
i just buy part warns. run some thing good with loads of grip up front tho as it will help ya.

rancido64
06-09-09, 04:15
id suggest buying a shitter for about 4-700

tramp drifting ftw! :D

cazzy
06-09-09, 04:38
where is nutts corner lads????
pm me please wiv more details

serious tom
06-09-09, 15:38
around belfast,
look at SWRC section,
or www.swrc.com (sideways racing club)
handy enough to get to its this side of belfast.

cazzy
06-09-09, 18:10
how much is it,hw often do they open and what r the requirements????does the car has to be road legal or u can bring a banger on a trailer and do sme crazy shit????

Nicky
06-09-09, 18:19
Strictly no bangers or "sme crazy shit" at the SWRC Events.

SWRC runs events usually every 3 weeks between Nutts Corner and Bishopscourt (said to be Irelands BEST drift track due to its sheer size and the ability to drift at nearly 100mph :D ).

Get yourself on to www.sideways-racing.com/forum to keep an eye on the up-coming events that are being held up here, and get to know the way of things at the events/get to know the folk behind the scene's..

cazzy
07-09-09, 02:53
thnx nick noticed they have some shit going on this coming sunday might take my ride down to see what happens.is it the 1 close to the airport as u r heading for belfast from the armagh side????