PDA

View Full Version : I need help making my mind up

pole drift
07-02-11, 19:33
Hey Guys,

Im two minds about doing the 1jz swap, on one hand its a savage engine to go into the car, but on the other there is a serious amount of time and money thats gonna need to go into it.

Also iv only got the car going and portlaoise was my first time out ever in it and i was seriously bad.

Sould i break the soarer and hold onto the engine and parts that i need for the swap when the time/money comes and when i get used to the whole drifting thing with the sr20 or just strip the 180 to the bollox and build the car again with the 1jz?

I want serious answers please lads.

Thank you.

serious tom
07-02-11, 19:35
Seat time.

Steve_S15
07-02-11, 19:39
If you cant drift a sr20 why would you want more power?????:confused:

chrisbrady325
07-02-11, 19:39
it aint about what bhp you have, its about the steering of it! get more practice, you just dont jump in and be great at it.. it takes time and experience! rome wasnt built in a day! get out there and have fun! your gonna get the feel of it more and more after each day out and learn from your mistakes

michael
07-02-11, 19:40
if ur just learning obviously just wait and learn

dont waste ur money and time with 1jz especially these days
unless ur loaded and can afford to splash the cash

S13..KEV
07-02-11, 19:40
as serious tom said seat time is all ya need.i seen ya sunday you were not that bad for youre first time.rome was not build in a day.ask martin tyrell for help he will send ya in the right direction :D

insejn
07-02-11, 19:45
dont give up on the JZ man.

mick-skyline
07-02-11, 19:48
Leave the jz sitting till your comfortable with your abilities and finances then do the swap, it's all about seat time, sure I've 400 there on tap and pretty much everyone that goes to pl makes a show of me, why?? not due to power but because I can't get the seat time I NEED.

m-sykes
07-02-11, 19:48
get the most out of the sr20 and drive the ring out of it and build up parts and more info about your jz, nothin wrong with a sr20 also but i love the jz's :cool:

Administrator
07-02-11, 19:50
Stick with the SR for this year definitely, the amount of work would make me sick

pole drift
07-02-11, 19:51
as serious tom said seat time is all ya need.i seen ya sunday you were not that bad for youre first time.rome was not build in a day.ask martin tyrell for help he will send ya in the right direction :D

Tyrrell lives beside me, I know him years. He'd deformed gov me a few tips

@Insejn: dat made me LOL

Dori_Rory
07-02-11, 19:52
Get more practice in and then if the SR ever shits itself that will that give you the incentive to put the jz in. But until then i would just keep practicing

serious tom
07-02-11, 19:58
Wait till your fit for it or in need of more power.
Learn and then wait and become the best driver you can. Enjoy learning and give it death, don't fix whats not broken, a JZ would be a bad choice atm.
Wait till your abilities have been reached.

pole drift
07-02-11, 23:28
I think ill wait so. Cheers for all the info lads.

Famous jh
07-02-11, 23:33
Hold off lad and spend the money on seat time and refining what you have... Your car needs some serious attention set up wise...Starting with dumping them TINY wheels off the front......Your wheel set up should be the other way aroung really to make it more slidey...Small on the back big on front.

james k
07-02-11, 23:33
best bet ftm . Hang on to the jz will come in very handy down the road when your skills progreses

pole drift
07-02-11, 23:35
Hold off lad and spend the money on seat time and refining what you have... Your car needs some serious attention set up wise...Starting with dumping them TINY wheels off the front......Your wheel set up should be the other way aroung really to make it more slidey...Small on the back big on front.

yea i was told that the car is slanted forward and thats no good

Famous jh
07-02-11, 23:37
yea i was told that the car is slanted forward and thats no good

Its not just that lad, but the small wheels are gonna he bullied around by the bigger wheels on the back....Sort that, get your suspension some way right.. TRACK TIME.

Alan B.
07-02-11, 23:39
dont break the soarer. keep it complete as it'll be far easier to keep track of all the bits if you ever do convert the 13.
its not standing you anything so just store the complete car.

MikeFitz
07-02-11, 23:43
it aint about what bhp you have, its about the steering of it! Get more practice, you just dont jump in and be great at it.. It takes time and experience! Rome wasnt built in a day! Get out there and have fun! Your gonna get the feel of it more and more after each day out and learn from your mistakes

x 5 :D :D :D

pole drift
07-02-11, 23:47
dont break the soarer. keep it complete as it'll be far easier to keep track of all the bits if you ever do convert the 13.
its not standing you anything so just store the complete car.

Iv no where to store it tho

slithertooth
07-02-11, 23:51
Iv no where to store it tho

looking grand in me front drive at the mo:D:D:D

pole drift
08-02-11, 00:15
looking grand in me front drive at the mo:D:D:D

It wont be able to stay there forever tho, ha ha

crazypotato
08-02-11, 00:31
seat time is all thats needed practice makes perfect

podge
08-02-11, 00:50
seat time is most important starting out
theres plenty lads on here im sure would let u store the soarer there if it was presentlable looking

dannyps13
08-02-11, 01:38
as said above,,stick with SR for the meantime until you get more practise in,you shouldnt be lacking in power with the sr either if your only starting out, thats just my 2 cents worth:);)

saff 24v
08-02-11, 19:41
hold onto the 1j and bits you need for definate unless you really stuck for money them engines will alws hold value but more seat time get good get better save money and alws cam do your conversion in time if not can alws sell up easy as that... patience

Alan B.
08-02-11, 23:12
park it anywhere. if its drivable, you'll be able to move it around from time to time.

git
09-02-11, 13:28
it aint about what bhp you have, its about the steering of it! get more practice, you just dont jump in and be great at it.. it takes time and experience! rome wasnt built in a day! get out there and have fun! your gonna get the feel of it more and more after each day out and learn from your mistakes

i didnt even bother reading anymore of ur thread not bein smart there ! but chrisbrady speaketh the truth ! :) experience thats what im out to do anyway !