PDA

View Full Version : help me please me heads wrecked!!!

davemc-s13
02-09-09, 22:55
rite story is a blew me diff 4 months ago..

since im outa work iv been scrapin me pennys and i got more cusco internals perfect crown wheel an all and then i got a casing of andy with a good pinnion..

got it all put together tonite was delighted couldn wait to drive de car and as soon as i went down the road all i can hear in each gear is a loud whining noise:(

wats wrong with it would any 1 no im hoping its someting stupid otherwise im back were im started..:(

any1 no wat the problem is or could any1 on here fix it??????????

thanks

gem-s13
02-09-09, 22:57
who built it back up for u?

Jay Rockett
02-09-09, 22:58
Who put it together for ya? Was the backlash setup?

Is the whining defo coming from the diff, can ya hear any difference in noise when you accelerate and let off, i.e creating different loads on the diff..

davemc-s13
02-09-09, 22:59
who built it back up for u?

1a the lads i no.. like whats after goin wrong is what wondering:confused:

davemc-s13
02-09-09, 23:01
Who put it together for ya? Was the backlash setup?

Is the whining defo coming from the diff, can ya hear any difference in noise when you accelerate and let off, i.e creating different loads on the diff..

1a the lads he said he done the backlash.. yeah jay like if i feather the revs is quiter??

gem-s13
02-09-09, 23:03
can be a few things lad either the back lash is set to loose or tight and the crown wheel and pinyon are not meshing right or a bearing is gone or on the way out did u put in new bearings or use the old ones?

davemc-s13
02-09-09, 23:07
can be a few things lad either the back lash is set to loose or tight and the crown wheel and pinyon are not meshing right or a bearing is gone or on the way out did u put in new bearings or use the old ones?

would i have damaged it? like could it be takinm apart and put right.. i put all new bearings in 30209j i tink was the code for them

gem-s13
02-09-09, 23:22
it depends whats up lad was it hard to turn when u were puttin it back in

davemc-s13
02-09-09, 23:24
when he had it all in the casing it was spinning not a bother and the pinnion and crown wheels meshed up coz i remember him pointing dat out to me

yowdy
02-09-09, 23:29
ah man u serously have no luck,,sounds to me like the diff isnt sitting rite in the case if you put new bearings on the diff:(

davemc-s13
02-09-09, 23:34
ah man u serously have no luck,,sounds to me like the diff isnt sitting rite in the case if you put new bearings on the diff:(

aw i no man im pure stressed here.. and can it be fixed andy or is dat another diff fucked??

Famous jh
02-09-09, 23:56
Sounds to me like the crown wheel end pinion just dont match... You got em both seperate you say? They could have different wear patterns to eachother...something you wont really see by eye like... Thats my pennys worth anyway, seen it happen before...Always best to get them as a pair..

davemc-s13
03-09-09, 14:37
so basically lads if i took the diff apart will it be broke or can it be put together properly???

im fuckin stressed out over the ting

Davie
03-09-09, 19:45
just get a standard welded diff inna a casing if its broke
shouldnt cost to much

wayne.c
03-09-09, 21:14
so basically lads if i took the diff apart will it be broke or can it be put together properly???

im fuckin stressed out over the ting

u'd have to get it checked out to see does it match up. it could be a wrong match.

davemc-s13
04-09-09, 17:02
me mate whos fairly handy with cars ( he can make ecu,s) is gonne rebuild it proper

he said its the backlash so cheers lads for all the help i apricate it:cool:

pandy180sx
04-09-09, 18:01
jus seen dis there lad. some bad luck i swear

mr.jailbait
04-09-09, 18:19
it aint backlash.
as said above,crown wheels and pinions are a matched pair.
you cant just go mix and match em.