PDA

View Full Version : Caseys drifters/Goldstone cup

Caseys drifters
22-01-11, 01:29
We have been thinking about this for the last while so here goes.
Caseys drifters yard in tullow and goldstone drift track are the venues that would be used for the events and it will be run as a championship.
It will consist of 4 rounds 2 in each venue.
2 classes pro and amature
Cheap entry donations
Pratcice runs
Qualifing runs
Scored runs
Twin battles
Plenty of seat time
Prizes for 1st,2nd and 3rd in each class
Prizes for overall winners in each class at end of the 4 rounds
More info to come any input welcome :)

Prodrifter86
22-01-11, 02:04
what sort of track are yee gonna have in tullow> ? no much room

larry kehoe
22-01-11, 03:14
what sort of track are yee gonna have in tullow> ? no much room

???? not much room???:confused:

brilliant idea lads, hope it goes well for you. will try my damnest to make it. :D

pole drift
22-01-11, 11:04
this sounds like good craic :)

Stevie e39 drift
22-01-11, 12:14
sounds good

Prodrifter86
22-01-11, 14:03
???? not much room???:confused:

brilliant idea lads, hope it goes well for you. will try my damnest to make it. :D

yeah all yee can really make is a figure of 8??? no? tell me more so :)

Caseys drifters
22-01-11, 14:51

We have a lot more space available to use in tullow than just the yard ie the road in and the sheds as i said its just an idea now so more info is to come but their is more than enough room to make a track.:D

Here is an example of someting like wha we could use aswell as using one of the sheds high speed entrys :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kcOY8f3lAI

For drifting of course the track would be set up diffrently but this gives an idea of what can be done.

ciaran r
22-01-11, 14:55
i taught the yard was closed due to health and saftey of the sheds,so rumor has it,there hasnt being drag racing up there in weeks,did ye get the sheds sorted or was it just rumor

Caseys drifters
22-01-11, 14:58
The yard is closed due to the roof of the sheds caving in because of the weight of the snow.
We will be reopen as soon as we have the damage repaired.:)

ciaran r
22-01-11, 15:34
ah rite,theres was some storys going round bout the yard suein some metal company over not buildin the sheds properly and ye were closed down over health and safty,its funny how storys spread

Prodrifter86
22-01-11, 17:01
We have a lot more space available to use in tullow than just the yard ie the road in and the sheds as i said its just an idea now so more info is to come but their is more than enough room to make a track.:D

Here is an example of someting like wha we could use aswell as using one of the sheds high speed entrys :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kcOY8f3lAI

For drifting of course the track would be set up diffrently but this gives an idea of what can be done.

hmm very good. yeah i was there for that rally sprint. my bro was out in his red nova. maybe it is a good idea .

Mick K
22-01-11, 17:22
Will you GTFO Mr architecture and planning design!
If its being considered I'd imagine the lads have it well thought out,

i taught the yard was closed due to health and saftey of the sheds,so rumor has it,there hasnt being drag racing up there in weeks,did ye get the sheds sorted or was it just rumor

ah rite,theres was some storys going round bout the yard suein some metal company over not buildin the sheds properly and ye were closed down over health and safty,its funny how storys spread
So which story are you going with cos from what I read you have 2 to choose from?:rolleyes:

Hoorraaay for making the effort!

Robbie Daly Ps13
22-01-11, 17:26
Its a good idea Chis tbh the only thing id be worring about is numbers and las who'l actually do all 4 events...!

Prodrifter86
22-01-11, 17:31
Jeeeez mick i was only asking :o
lol..

might into going to do this in the tullow cuz its only over the road maybe :)

pt_y2k
22-01-11, 17:49
Brilliant idea,I for one will defo be attending and competing...:)

ciaran r
22-01-11, 18:15
So which story are you going with cos from what I read you have 2 to choose from?:rolleyes:

Hoorraaay for making the effort!

well its kinda the one story mick,they got shut down cause the sheds were un safe as they were ready to fall down due to not enuf supports were added during construction,so the owners of the yard were after the company who built the sheds and were sueing them for not building them properly,thats the story i was told,but i was told loads of others too,so hoorraay for tryin to find out the truth hahaha

Mick K
22-01-11, 20:31
The yard is not legally there for public use i.e drift and drag,Its privately owned and as far as any government state bodys are concerned,Its for private farming and grain use only. I'd imagine it was a decision made by the owners to close it for the safety of anyone attending such events mentioned above.

Moving forward hooraaay for great ideas.

calicagesracing
23-01-11, 14:22
Slightly off topic but are ye planning on any more rally sprints?
Looks like good crack and the time-attack silvia would go well i'd reckon:cool:

Caseys drifters
24-01-11, 12:47
Its a good idea Chis tbh the only thing id be worring about is numbers and las who'l actually do all 4 events...!

Well thats peoples personal decision dude means those who attend the 4 events have a greater chance of lifting the silverware :D

Caseys drifters
24-01-11, 12:48
Slightly off topic but are ye planning on any more rally sprints?
Looks like good crack and the time-attack silvia would go well i'd reckon:cool:

Will no more in febuary dude

calicagesracing
24-01-11, 15:03
Outstanding! Keep us posted:)

BilllyT3B
24-01-11, 18:21
sounds good lads,best of luck with series