PDA

View Full Version : What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck to do!

Cefiro Panch
14-01-11, 00:17
Okay so I test fitted Copeyhagen's Weds and as expected they stick out a ridiculous amount, now im thinking of saying fuck all the arch work and just rivet on black wheels arches, what dya think?

Or in the later pics is Robs other wheels, which fit better but il prob need spacers, opinions pls!

Car has camber arms if that makes a diff!!

Cefiro Panch
14-01-11, 00:20
More pics of the other wheels

Prodrifter86
14-01-11, 00:21
looks coool dude. as is.

Tekno Twinky
14-01-11, 00:22
Get it up to a proper good metal fabricater body shop and get him to do this..

http://www.motorsportscom.info/drift/2007/round-10/img/ph_2007_rd10_no008b.jpg

Or i have them overs here in a large enough size like the spirant jzx100...

http://www.canibeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/21397802_org.v1265686928.jpg

200sx-slider
14-01-11, 00:22
i,d leave on the first set and put on the archs you whare on about

Cefiro Panch
14-01-11, 00:24
Get it up to a proper good metal fabricater body shop and get him to do this..

http://www.motorsportscom.info/drift/2007/round-10/img/ph_2007_rd10_no008b.jpg

Who could do this?? But they arent gona be able to do that without cracking paint and im reli not arsed throwing money at it right now!

Prodrifter86
14-01-11, 00:26
Who could do this?? But they arent gona be able to do that without cracking paint and im reli not arsed throwing money at it right now!

ah he'll only be matching a bit of white on the arches. thats all dude.

Tekno Twinky
14-01-11, 00:27

^^ then you may get the overs but you will have to chop the metal out to bring it down..

benhachi
14-01-11, 00:29

i hear gem is handy at flaring arches or famous jh!

Famous jh
14-01-11, 00:29

Lots of work needed to achieve the above look..Much more than "matching a bit of white paint" as some would put it :rolleyes:

Cefiro Panch
14-01-11, 00:32
^^ then you may get the overs but you will have to chop the metal out to bring it down..

Yea, i can angle grind and just seal with some white paint, do u think it'd be good to stick the arches on black and go two tone??

Administrator
14-01-11, 00:32
If you went for the first set have you something somewhat equally well sized to go on front? Otherwise it'll look shite. I'd go for the second set and lower it. The second set the Minervas?

Cefiro Panch
14-01-11, 00:33

Its act a cream metalic and nobody can match it!!

Altho if I cut il prob want to do it properly..................and itl cost me money and then piss me off!

Cefiro Panch
14-01-11, 00:35
If you went for the first set have you something somewhat equally well sized to go on front? Otherwise it'll look shite. I'd go for the second set and lower it. The second set the Minervas?

Yes Darragh its the minervas!! I have 9.5 weds kranze +35!

Not sure how itl work! Il get pics up tomo! Of them on the front!

Famous jh
14-01-11, 00:38
Sorry for coming across like a bit of a boring moody fuck here now but these threads are driving me nuts lately!! Why even bother asking what can be done if your not prepared to pay for it?? This place just seems to be full of lads who want "jdm tyte dish y0" and not actually willing to make them fit...

All these pics ye drool over everyday like the wheels just didnt magicially fit!!

Cefiro Panch
14-01-11, 00:42
Sorry for coming across like a bit of a boring moody fuck here now but these threads are driving me nuts lately!! Why even bother asking what can be done if your not prepared to pay for it?? This place just seems to be full of lads who want "jdm tyte dish y0" and not actually willing to make them fit...

All these pics ye drool over everyday like the wheels just didnt magicially fit!!

Well FJH if i buy them and save up how much work do u think itl take to make them fit?

Administrator
14-01-11, 00:43

I was gonna say something like that too. With it being a 4 door and shtuff it'll be really expensive to make the Weds fit right I'd say? Get the SSRs, some slip on spacers and give the arch an aul roll

Driftma
14-01-11, 00:43
ah ffs, will people either buy wheels that fit or be wiling to pay to get em to fit:mad:

nikkisixx69
14-01-11, 00:44
Well FJH if i buy them and save up how much work do u think itl take to make them fit?

it cost me near to 800 euro to make mine fit, but i had to buy camber arms and toe arms. also i had mates rates on the cutting and welding

Famous jh
14-01-11, 00:44

Dunno...like twinky says there will be metal work involved in whatever ya decide to do...Seems worth doin though!

Cefiro Panch
14-01-11, 00:46
ah ffs, will people either buy wheels that fit or be wiling to pay to get em to fit:mad:

Jaysus lads, go get ur holes!!

Tbh iv never tried to get proper fitment so not reli sure whats the best or cheapest way to do it! Looking for advice thats all!

Famous jh
14-01-11, 00:47
I was gonna say something like that too. With it being a 4 door and shtuff it'll be really expensive to make the Weds fit right I'd say? Get the SSRs, some slip on spacers and give the arch an aul roll

Amen! I'm sick of lads pm'n me askin can i work miracles...Yes i can but it'll cost ya! So as marty said too, either buy wheels that fit or grow some balls and make em fit!

Prodrifter86
14-01-11, 01:07
Lots of work needed to achieve the above look..Much more than "matching a bit of white paint" as some would put it :rolleyes:

he's talking about spending a rake of money on paint.... its not like he'l have to spray the whole shell again will he?????:)

Tekno Twinky
14-01-11, 01:33

you said what i was thinking.

I dont understand the mentality of lads thinking they can use one of these cars for daily use like you would an octavia or somthing same goes for maintanance etc. If your not prepared to or not backed up enough finacialy enough to take care of these iported track cars then dont buy them. Its why theres so many cars that are fucked. Track set up cars using the roads daily with race specific suspension etc.. No wonder any set of coilovers you see do be leaking. I kind of opened up the can of worms on it there but im just broadening out the facts of the situation that famousjh highlighted above..

Its annoying to see on a daily basis

anyways BOT

Famous jh
14-01-11, 01:37
he's talking about spending a rake of money on paint.... its not like he'l have to spray the whole shell again will he?????:)

Well he says his car is some sort of a pearl so could be tricky...

you said what i was thinking.

I dont understand the mentality of lads thinking they can use one of these cars for daily use like you would an octavia or somthing same goes for maintanance etc. If your not prepared to or not backed up enough finacialy enough to take care of these iported track cars then dont buy them. Its why theres so many cars that are fucked. Track set up cars using the roads daily with race specific suspension etc.. No wonder any set of coilovers you see do be leaking. I kind of opened up the can of worms on it there but im just broadening out the facts of the situation that famousjh highlighted above..

Its annoying to see on a daily basis

anyways BOT

Fuck me, this is a first!! Me and Twinky singin from the same hym sheet! :eek: But yea your spot on there lad.

What does BOT stand for?! :o

Cefiro Panch
14-01-11, 01:42
BOT= Back on topic..................if we could pls hahah!

Its fine, i need to have a convo with someone tomo and then il see what im doin!

Robbie Daly Ps13
14-01-11, 02:02

^^^^^^^^^^ Pretty good post for a lad who sucks his own mothers cock....!

Famous jh
14-01-11, 02:06
^^^^^^^^^^ Pretty good post for a lad who sucks his own mothers cock....!

Theres something not right about this comment..............

:D

copeyhagen
14-01-11, 09:00
hang on lads, he never bought the wheels, i bought them thinking they would fit on my chaser which had a turn of flareage and arch work, i thought at most i would actually need a spacer!!

panch is just excited at the prospect of a full set of weds on his cefi and wants to get them on!! if i was you i would go with bolt ons.

the spirant chaser was what i wanted to do with my yoke arch wise, but hadnt the heart to ruin the arches, not after someone elses hard work and money and patience went into them im sure.

the weds wont be goin anywhere dont worry, you know the craic with the ssr's though.

Fredericks Balls
14-01-11, 09:27
Panch, if you want to trial fit those bolt on arches you can borrow mine. At least you can get a proper idea of what they would look like. the wider wheels would look savage but I dont think flaring would make them fit, so weld on arches like that cefiro or bolt on's like the Spiriant Chaser are your only options. Only thing about the bol-on is you could maybe go two tone, save spraying anything on the car...

let me know if you want them to see anyway!

copeyhagen
14-01-11, 10:23
black bolt ons, look mean as fook.

trial fit them with the weds and get a few fotos.

poor panch was boll0xed from puttin on wheels and takin off wheels last night!!

Simon
14-01-11, 10:27
Bolt ons would look tasty, but as Darragh said ya are going to need something as aggresive for the fron to pull it off... do you? maybe i missed something... but go for it... woop :cool:

Fredericks Balls
14-01-11, 11:05
Thats what I was thinking, black would look cool with the white and chrome. Have a look for pics of the spiriant Chaser with its arches off, talk about butchered!!

Well if he has four wheels, he can also just keep the weds till he gets something to match on the front!

copeyhagen
14-01-11, 11:13
wtf my posts keep dissapearing.

he has the same wheels for the front, he has wed kranze, think theyre 9j with a nice dish and a positive offset.

Prodrifter86
14-01-11, 14:27
[QUOTE=Famous jh;221213]Well he says his car is some sort of a pearl so could be tricky...

oh right.. i thought i thought a like a flat white

serious tom
14-01-11, 18:51
Sorry for coming across like a bit of a boring moody fuck here now but these threads are driving me nuts lately!! Why even bother asking what can be done if your not prepared to pay for it??

All my friends do this. They are all 17, and doing soo much to their cars, they just think all this work is just stupidly cheap, they want all this done, and you dare not tell them how much something like it costs... They think people just work for nothing!
The single most, worst is when they ask about smoothing the yoke. It costs money lads! ffs! Its not like you just throw in a bit of filler!

One of them asked, 'does that lad do tyre stretching...'

mini off topic rant over :D

Cefiro Panch
14-01-11, 19:29
1st of all thanks to Rob, sound lad for letting me test fit every set of wheels he has,

and thanks to Kieran for the offer of the test with arches! Pm'd!!

Thanks to all, and il make them fit!

Stuey
15-02-11, 18:34
Get the arches rolled a bit there not too bad

Baz_180
15-02-11, 19:53
^^^^^

He's way ahead of you

http://www.driftireland.com/showthread.php?t=15607