PDA

View Full Version : Spraying parts, info wanted

pole drift
13-01-11, 17:01
Hey Guys,

I want to spray up the Rocker cover on the sr20 and i also want to spray the base plates of the strut bar.

Has anyone any tips for spraying these so the paint doesnt flake off and look shite??

Also should i spray them to match the roll cage??

Cheers

topdog
13-01-11, 17:36
top tip anyway is make sure what your spraying is surgically clean! the cleaner the the better! if there is any bit of dirt or grease from your hand gets onto the part your spraying it could effect the finish. give what your spraying a light sand first so the paint will have something to stick to. one or two coats of primer first few coats of paint few laquer and job done!!! quick tip too is if you dont want to paint the writing on the rocker cover put a light coat of vaseline onto where you dont want paint or you could just mask it off which ever is easiest!!!

tomsheen
13-01-11, 18:13
top tip anyway is make sure what your spraying is surgically clean! the cleaner the the better! if there is any bit of dirt or grease from your hand gets onto the part your spraying it could effect the finish. give what your spraying a light sand first so the paint will have something to stick to. one or two coats of primer first few coats of paint few laquer and job done!!! quick tip too is if you dont want to paint the writing on the rocker cover put a light coat of vaseline onto where you dont want paint or you could just mask it off which ever is easiest!!!

perfect!

match the cage too:)

joey banana s14
13-01-11, 21:02
Just to add a bit any parts with bare metal use whats called ETCH primer before build primer it prevents rust and bites great to metal and with a rocker if u wanted use a heat resistant paint first then rub that down then paint with ordinary paint laquer etc any queerys ya can give me a pm

joey banana s14
13-01-11, 21:05
Just to add a bit any parts with bare metal use whats called ETCH primer before build primer it prevents rust and bites great to metal and with a rocker if u wanted use a heat resistant paint first then rub that down then paint with ordinary paint laquer etc if your using a 2k primer 800grit sandpaper used wet would be a perfect surface for paint to stick any queerys ya can give me a pm

Doofer
13-01-11, 22:39

Couldnt have said it better meself... DO THAT...

pole drift
13-01-11, 22:46
also if im sprayin the inside of the car, what can i use to remove the remaining glue from the sound deadening???

cheers for all the info lads

Davie
13-01-11, 23:01
also if im sprayin the inside of the car, what can i use to remove the remaining glue from the sound deadening???

cheers for all the info lads

Use thinners maybe, wouldn't worry about the spraying it will all look good sideways

pole drift
13-01-11, 23:07
Use thinners maybe, wouldn't worry about the spraying it will all look good sideways

would it still look good the fact that the car is 6 different colours??? lol