PDA

View Full Version : drifting area westcork

maji_firecaste
10-01-11, 21:57
can someone help advice
I was talking to a few friends lately about the lack of drift tracks, areas down this side of the country. Im from west cork myself and traveling up past cork city to get to the nearest track to learn is going to cost a fair bit of money, seeing as i have no trailer at the moment and there seems to be a fair few interested down this way already in getting something organised. Something
like the tramp drift day that was in bishops court.
anyway to get to the point what is needed to set it up other than a big enough area
whats the story wit insurance
who do you need permission from other than owner of area being used
all the stuff im not putting down or dont no about at all
what kind of interest would there be for it

the reason i put this up is because i think it a good idea if theres any chance of it happening
sorry if im way off track what im talking about
any info appreciated thanks

Aidan Hogan
10-01-11, 22:05

Aidan Hogan
10-01-11, 22:08
This has been talked about a lot.
Yes theres interest but its expensive as hell and people living cose will cmplain about noise , smoke pollution , etc. !!
I'm sure the other lads will inform ya better , I'm too tired :p

S14a johno
10-01-11, 22:09
insurance be a huge factor man, and then the people around the area too
bart be worth a pm and ask for advice

PeterT
10-01-11, 22:20
can someone help advice
I was talking to a few friends lately about the lack of drift tracks, areas down this side of the country. Im from west cork myself and traveling up past cork city to get to the nearest track to learn is going to cost a fair bit of money, seeing as i have no trailer at the moment and there seems to be a fair few interested down this way already in getting something organised. Something
like the tramp drift day that was in bishops court.
anyway to get to the point what is needed to set it up other than a big enough area
whats the story wit insurance
who do you need permission from other than owner of area being used
all the stuff im not putting down or dont no about at all
what kind of interest would there be for it

the reason i put this up is because i think it a good idea if theres any chance of it happening
sorry if im way off track what im talking about
any info appreciated thanks

insurance- will be a 5 figure sum, ie 10,000 or more.
planning permission
environmental statement
noise control
rent of land

yadayadayada.

of course there would be huge interest in it if you got land! but its not as simple as just finding a space, giving your man a few quid a head and just wrecking on!

maji_firecaste
10-01-11, 22:45
insurance!!!!
its just when you see events being run
i was wondering how it all gets organised
didn't think about pollution
i had thought about the noise
thats the kind of information i was looking for

theres no harm in asking anyway
i assumed it had been talked about over and over again but
i cant find any proper info sorry

PeterT
10-01-11, 22:59
insurance!!!!
its just when you see events being run
i was wondering how it all gets organised
didn't think about pollution
i had thought about the noise
thats the kind of information i was looking for

theres no harm in asking anyway
i assumed it had been talked about over and over again but
i cant find any proper info sorry

Its a tough thing to do. even in rosegreen, a feckin race track like, i used to run 'paddy drift' days with another lad , and it got closed down due to noise. pain in the sack realy. pm me if you have an area though :D

skinnynphats200
10-01-11, 23:12
insurance- will be a 5 figure sum, ie 10,000 or more.
planning permission
environmental statement
noise control
rent of land

yadayadayada.

of course there would be huge interest in it if you got land! but its not as simple as just finding a space, giving your man a few quid a head and just wrecking on!

How do events manage to cover costs then and run considering entry fees would hardly cover it? Promos? Products? Donations?

PeterT
10-01-11, 23:22
They pay the premium, based on how many events per annum you do, and based on what money you take in.

so say premium for 12 events a year is 15,000. that would be based on say, them seeing that youl be getting 100 quid from 30 people every time. its all based on what the events will take in!

PeterT
10-01-11, 23:22
but also financial backings, sponsors, trade areas, spectators, everyone contributes to cover costs!

Mick K
10-01-11, 23:23
Insurance is a MEGA issue,I looked into it before for an event in Leinster and was quoted mega bucks!

maji_firecaste
10-01-11, 23:24
ya that is a pain. im just checking if it could be done with a bit of time and effort and what kind of money would need to be generated for it.
who actually stopped you because of the noise?

skinnynphats200
10-01-11, 23:25
Yeah fuck that, thats a lot of hard work to take on! I reckon should find somewhere in wicklow :D:D:D

PeterT
10-01-11, 23:26
ya that is a pain. im just checking if it could be done with a bit of time and effort and what kind of money would need to be generated for it.
who actually stopped you because of the noise?

Stud farm closed drifting in rosegreen down! they were only meant to be doing one drift day every month and thats it! they were doing them daily

maji_firecaste
10-01-11, 23:30
ok thanks so it is just stupid money for insurance is the biggest problem
what about these diff days and slabs fellas run are these not above board or what? surely they cant afford to pay that kind of money for insurance.
also whats the insurance for and cover in the event ?

ah well thats a different story i can see that being stopped

PeterT
10-01-11, 23:37
ok thanks so it is just stupid money for insurance is the biggest problem
what about these diff days and slabs fellas run are these not above board or what? surely they cant afford to pay that kind of money for insurance.
also whats the insurance for and cover in the event ?

ah well thats a different story i can see that being stopped

alot of those things are no real risk, so people chance it. public liability in some places they hope will cover if anyone gets a knock in a car or whatever!

cover will be completely specific to whoevers trying to get it and whats discussed, but basics are car hit car, car hits object on/off track,car hits spectator, spectator gets mowed down by someone in pits by trailer/car or whatever etc etc etc!

maji_firecaste
10-01-11, 23:47
ok very good information thanks
someone needs to kick the insurance comany's in the balls:p
its ashame its that way