PDA

View Full Version : Prodrift 2011 tyre restriction

jamie180sx
13-12-10, 23:48
did any of ye hear bout the above,there is a tyre resrtiction for front and rear,no r888's or the likes,its something like(not sure on the term or exact name but)something to do with tyres above or below 200(some sort of rating) think its below,what ye recon,not even on front,i think it would be grand for the rear and make things intresting,and even but for the front i dunno,ur views lads:D

btw im not sure on the tyre rating term sorry:p

Chuck_g
13-12-10, 23:51
Was only talking with the lads about this tonight.......i think it will make things a little fairer, but Rs-R's are out of the question too.........should sort the men from the Ladies :P

jamie180sx
13-12-10, 23:53
Was only talking with the lads about this tonight.......i think it will make things a little fairer, but Rs-R's are out of the question too.........should sort the men from the Mike Fitz's :P

totaly agree,deffo a good move for the rear,but not sold on the front,if im totally honoust i cant say the r888's were anybetter from the goodyear eagle f1's i had on

Chuck_g
13-12-10, 23:56
Try Federal RS's man.........

I never ever ever had any understeer, never! Actually shit fuk that, they were RS-R's on the front all along.......bollox!

yowdy
13-12-10, 23:57
is it just restrictions on front or front and rear??

jamie180sx
13-12-10, 23:59
is it just restrictions on front or front and rear??

front and rear

Famous jh
14-12-10, 00:01
No harm at all...Should open things up a bit.... So what tyres are lookin at being outlawed?? Apart from the 888 and that... Hankook rs2's ot whatever they are, how bout them??

Dunnedriftin
14-12-10, 00:01
Yeah the thread wear cant be below 200!

Makes it a fairer & even.. Not everybody can afford the real expensive stickey tires :o

jamie180sx
14-12-10, 00:02
just seen above

Dunnedriftin
14-12-10, 00:04
it works off this rating of ?????200???

Look at your tire & you will find on it some where ''Threadwear ***''

Basicly what threadwear is the compound of the tire (how grippy the tire is)

podge
14-12-10, 01:16
tats a load of cock if its true
sounds to me like prodrift want more people stuck in barriers
most people wit a drift car run tyres below 200 rating on the track on the front and run cheapos on the back

bubble1984
14-12-10, 03:31
most people wit a drift car run cheapos on the back

define "cheapos" , i disagree with you there. depending on what you mean by "cheapo" and when u say drift car do u mean competitave cars or any RWD car on a track in general???

podge
14-12-10, 04:14
define "cheapos" , i disagree with you there. depending on what you mean by "cheapo" and when u say drift car do u mean competitave cars or any RWD car on a track in general???

i mean by a lot of people will run the rsr595 tyre up front as its the best gripping in federal where as on the rear they run the oridinary 595 etc as they cant justify the price of burning the rsr off at 150 euro a tyre to 70 or 80 euro a tyre for the cheaper type

Chuck_g
14-12-10, 11:21
i mean by a lot of people will run the rsr595 tyre up front as its the best gripping in federal where as on the rear they run the oridinary 595 etc as they cant justify the price of burning the rsr off at 150 euro a tyre to 70 or 80 euro a tyre for the cheaper type

You can get Rs's for 70-80 lad?? Tell me where.........last i looked they are still making 150 for 18s.

twailbait
14-12-10, 11:39
I'd say its a bid to keep the costs down. Not a bad thing at all, it would be hard for a privateer running cheaper tires, to compete with someone thats getting top of the range grippy fuckers for free.

podge
14-12-10, 12:09
You can get Rs's for 70-80 lad?? Tell me where.........last i looked they are still making 150 for 18s.

i just used it as a guide line thread wear on the rs,s is still less than 200

tweek
14-12-10, 13:18
Running costs down??let's just go back to the entrance fees for competitors in 2007 (50 euro) instead of changing tyre regulation or let people keep the roof lining in their car so the car can at least be used as a road car without condensation dripping down on top of you while you drive (that rule only applied to some competitors tho) or let people go back to using non e marked tyres like before to reduce cost.do you have to use any fia approved gear (seats,belts etc??) to compete?

tweek
14-12-10, 13:20
@chuckg normal federal 595 rs are shocking bad I found Kenda tyres better but the track tyres are a different story,

calicagesracing
14-12-10, 13:44
It's a good ideafor the rear tyres for sure but there'll be an awful lot of understeer next year if the fronts have to be "normal" road tyres

It'll certainly keep speeds down a lot
I suppose geometry setup will become that much more important

S13..KEV
14-12-10, 13:44
most people wit a drift car run tyres below 200 rating on the track on the front and run cheapos on the back

with podge and jamie on this one.it would suit a lots of lads if it was just rear plus it would be great to throw a drift car into a corner with full confidence and no hesitation cause no one would trust a tyre with a 200 threatwear.every will be running hancooks ventus R-s2 cause there a 200 theardwear and normal federals 595 are 240.nankangs are 340 threadwear

1-JAY-Z
14-12-10, 13:52
Lads hold on a second, who or where says that a lower tread rating tyre has better grip than one with higher treadwear? Please explain?

Joe
14-12-10, 13:57
Lads hold on a second, who or where says that a lower tread rating tyre has better grip than one with higher treadwear? Please explain?

exactly , it differs from brand to brand , tread wear is not std across brands , A dunlop 200 treadwear might not be the same to a Toyo 200 treadwear

sandstorm
14-12-10, 14:05
what a load of cock...
on the back maybe but
Spending extra money a good set of front tyres is no different in my eyes than spending money on a cage or harnesses or any other upgrade for the car.

they help the car retain a faster pace with increased safety and control.
Going from a set of federal 595's on the front to a set of Pradas was like night and day in terms of understeer. With the increased grip when turning in and the confidence knowing the front end would go where you wanted it to go i thought they were very good value for money.

for them to say its an effort to make drifting more affordable is nonsense
if PD want to make drifting more affordable lower the entry fees...

1-JAY-Z
14-12-10, 14:19
195/50R15 Nexen N2000 Treadwear 340
195/50R15 Interstate Treadwear 320
195/50R15 Silverstone Evo8 Treadwear 280
195/50R15 Toyo T1R Treadwear 280
195/50R15 Uniroyal Rainsport 2 Treadwear 280
195/50R15 Toyo R1R Treadwear 140
195/50R15 Toyo R888 Treadwear 100

I think I get what there saying, A lower rating treadwear on a tyre will lose its tread quicker as its holding the road most of the time compared to a higher one where the tread gets ripped off less quickly prolonging its life, Its a bit stupid of a rule if it implies the front as well.

calicagesracing
14-12-10, 14:46
I doubt if it's a cost reducing measure either, more like a safety thing as the more grip you have obviously the speed increases and increases.

I know I hadn't seen 4th gear drifting until the last couple of years with rsr's on the back and such

As regards the cost thing, big smoke and big speed certainly help but it's not the only factor in winning comp's. Nobody was ever told they have to run super grippy tyres

Prodrifter86
14-12-10, 14:49
dnt no really what to make of this.. i no R888's a good but does it not make it safer in a way ? better grip ? i dno much about tyres for drifting anyway..

but it should really shake things up though...

calicagesracing
14-12-10, 14:57
Just to expand on my point a little, I think if this is being done as a safety measure then grippy tyres should be left for the front as if they are not, there will be people understeering off the track next year!

MCNSPORT.com
14-12-10, 17:38
I think this is a great idea once its emplimented properly

People very quick to say "what a load of cock" without any details being released by PD. Jaimes post doensnt even have any details cos there is none as yet

It should make the battles closer as one car wont pull away so much from they other due to superior tyres i.e Mike Deane on Silverstones

This is a spectator sport and closer battles is a great thing!!

In Fd tyres are specially made for the job. any decent privateer hasnt a hope without spending 1000's on these tyres

This is a fantastic idea!! and should make drifting more exciting here

Dunnedriftin
14-12-10, 17:40
with podge and jamie on this one.it would suit a lots of lads if it was just rear plus it would be great to throw a drift car into a corner with full confidence and no hesitation cause no one would trust a tyre with a 200 threatwear.every will be running hancooks ventus R-s2 cause there a 200 theardwear and normal federals 595 are 240.nankangs are 340 threadwear

Been told that there as good of tire that there ment to be? Not cheep either iv heard..

Thats not first hand experience but it was from a pro driver...

Stevo
14-12-10, 17:46

People very quick to say "what a load of cock" without any details being released by PD. Jaimes post doensnt even have any details cos there is none as yet

It should make the battles closer as one car wont pull away so much from they other due to superior tyres i.e Mike Deane on Silverstones

In Fd tyres are specially made for the job. any decent privateer hasnt a hope without spending 1000's on these tyres

Why front and rear tho?? whatever about the rear but if its pissing rain you want sumthing you can trust on the front if your launching towards a barrier :o

Prodrifter86
14-12-10, 17:57
maybe now big power cars will not have the grip making the underdog a better chance ?? i dont. dont care reli onced theres some door on door action

MCNSPORT.com
14-12-10, 18:04
Why front and rear tho?? whatever about the rear but if its pissing rain you want sumthing you can trust on the front if your launching towards a barrier :o

I already said no details have been released. Maybe it isnt fronts maybe it is, this is all speculation until PD confirm something so try not to get carried away with the front tyre thing

grippy front tyres would be great but it does leave the door wide open for some cheating, putting a pair of fronts on the back for one battle etc.

Having to dq someone after the event is over would look bad imo

i dont know whats gonna happen with this rule but any rule that makes the battles closer is a good one

B.Egan
14-12-10, 18:05

I'd have to agree with Darren from an uneducated point of view. I know I personally couldnt afford to be spending massive money on tyres. But if you dont and others are then you're at a big disadvantage. Will give lower horsepower cars more of a chance to I'd imagine, i.e Donal Garry against Carpo for example.

FD are bringing in tyre rules aswell supposedly. AFAIK its working on a width limit basis though, to try and even the playing field rather than the costs though I think.

calicagesracing
14-12-10, 18:20
I already said no details have been released. Maybe it isnt fronts maybe it is, this is all speculation until PD confirm something so try not to get carried away with the front tyre thing

grippy front tyres would be great but it does leave the door wide open for some cheating, putting a pair of fronts on the back for one battle etc.

i dont know whats gonna happen with this rule but any rule that makes the battles closer is a good one

I think cheating could just as easily happen if grippy fronts were banned as not. Someone could just happen to have a couple of spares in the van and chuck them on!

That said there probably would be more temptation if they were there all the time

Either way if this rule is implemented there will need to be regular checks made on each competitor. Otherwise people will take the piss

Stevie e39 drift
14-12-10, 18:59

what does imo mean ? ? ? :confused::confused:

sil80drifter
14-12-10, 19:00
what does imo mean ? ? ? :confused::confused:

in my opinion........

tweek
14-12-10, 20:15
So people might lose out on sponsorship if certain tyres are banned?silverstones for example
This goes back to the whole running the wall thing if you cant afford and don't want to spend money fixing damage don't compete so therefore if you don't want to spend money on buying good tyres to win then don't compete.
If prodrift want to cut down on costs for competitors buy some of the foam blocks so cars dont get damaged as much

bart
14-12-10, 20:24
2 front tires will cost you €300-400
and i know a PD driver thats been running 888's now on the front for 3 years now...
so in fairness i think that its more than cost issues PD are looking into...

MCNSPORT.com
14-12-10, 20:37
As Bart says, i dont think its a cost thing

IT WILL MAKE THE BATTLES CLOSER AND THEREFORE BETTER????

yowdy
14-12-10, 20:37
i tnk rear treadwear limit is great gives an even stand to drivers off the line whitch will leave drivers closer into first corner,, as for fronts if it does happen (not yet confirmed) will stop drivers maken huge entrys as no driver wants to launch a car into a corner at a huge angle if they dont have front grip

BN Schnider
14-12-10, 21:01
i tnk rear treadwear limit is great gives an even stand to drivers off the line whitch will leave drivers closer into first corner,, as for fronts if it does happen (not yet confirmed) will stop drivers maken huge entrys as no driver wants to launch a car into a corner at a huge angle if they dont have front grip

jes theres fairly strict restrictions, in pd!!!

yowdy
14-12-10, 21:04
well lad i seen it the las day in mondello in the wet damien mulvey runing r888s on the rear in the wet abso leaving lads for dirt off the line,, like he didnt do anytng wrong nothn to stop him.. tyre treadwear might stop some of this aldo there are ways aroubt treadwear on the rear for grip

MCNSPORT.com
14-12-10, 21:09

with every track in Ireland being an e-brake entry into the first corner, at least for 99% of the drivers i dont see this as being a major issue

i dont think anyone relys on sheer turn in front grip to break the rear end away except maybe donal garry and some other NA 86's

yowdy
14-12-10, 21:11
wel maby its just under experanced drivers like myself that like the feel of gud grip up front

MCNSPORT.com
14-12-10, 21:24
oh excuse me :-)

danmoorhead
14-12-10, 21:32
the lowest tread wear i ever ran was 200!!! this was 3 years ago!!! i ran odd tyres on the front of my car this year and still got grip!!!! a well steup car will still grip well front and rear even on a cheaper brand tyre!!!! to be honest i hope it goes ahead as it will even up the playin field for the lads who can't pay big moneys for tyres!!

Dunnedriftin
14-12-10, 21:42
the lowest tread wear i ever ran was 200!!! this was 3 years ago!!! i ran odd tyres on the front of my car this year and still got grip!!!! a well steup car will still grip well front and rear even on a cheaper brand tyre!!!! to be honest i hope it goes ahead as it will even up the playin field for the lads who can't pay big moneys for tyres!!

I fully agree... Not everybody can afford new tires all the time or big expensive ''grippy'' tires to compeat with the bigger lads

If i remember correctly when i was talking to you in cork you where running on part worns what ever you could get your hands on ? ? :cool:

bart
14-12-10, 22:17
to be honest i hope it goes ahead as it will even up the playin field for the lads who can't pay big moneys for tyres!!

you should be well able to buy dear tires now with YOUR SPONSOR DRIVE FOR 2011:p:p:p

rb26s15
14-12-10, 22:19

what about the rs2 on the front and the federal rsr on the back last round ha ha ha ha :p:p:p:p:p:p

bart
14-12-10, 22:21
If i remember correctly when i was talking to you in cork you where running on part worns what ever you could get your hands on ? ? :cool:

dan was not running cheap tires.
one stage he was running rsr's on the back;)

Dunnedriftin
14-12-10, 22:35

I remember him putting on the RSR's in cork when he was going up against carpo..

barryl
14-12-10, 22:43

now now dan... haha

Cooldrft
14-12-10, 22:47
I think a thread wear of 200 is too low for the rear tyres.
It will have some lads swapping the 888's / rsr's to hancooks ventus R-s2 ,witch aren't a cheap tyre either.
I think a threadwear of 230-240 and a width restriction of 245 would do more to even up things.

I'd leave the front tyres unrestricted as the advantage they give towards safety far outweighs the cost or performance gain.

danmoorhead
14-12-10, 23:33
what about the rs2 on the front and the federal rsr on the back last round ha ha ha ha :p:p:p:p:p:p

i ran one set of rsr's in cork!!!! when i heard i was goin up again christy i said id need someting ta try keep 2 em!!!! orther den dat i tink i used 8 new tyres on the rear all year the rest were part worns!!!! i honestly never knew wat a car could grip like on the like of rsr's!!!! but the 200 tread wear ting won't make much odds to alot of the guys that never ran em!!!! i really tink its a gud idea!!

yowdy
14-12-10, 23:39
and sweet fuck did you make smoke and speed on the rsrs

rb26s15
15-12-10, 08:04
i ran one set of rsr's in cork!!!! when i heard i was goin up again christy i said id need someting ta try keep 2 em!!!! orther den dat i tink i used 8 new tyres on the rear all year the rest were part worns!!!! i honestly never knew wat a car could grip like on the like of rsr's!!!! but the 200 tread wear ting won't make much odds to alot of the guys that never ran em!!!! i really tink its a gud idea!!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

chrisbrady325
15-12-10, 10:53
I think its a great idea, and wouldn't worry me one bit, i was running bald rsr's on the front of my yoke from i started PD in may lol.. and running cheap stuff on the back... i've never ever used them on the back of my car.. if i did... i could have had better result's.. but this will make it more interesting next year and it will be alot more fair on the people who cant afford to compete with the bigger lads.. will be great to see how the results differ in 2011 :)

Nicky
15-12-10, 10:58
Surely a power restriction would level things up alot more, would it not?

Or seperate divisions for different power bands...?

calicagesracing
15-12-10, 11:58
Surely a power restriction would level things up alot more, would it not?

Or seperate divisions for different power bands...?

Power restriction is very difficult to police in any form of motorsport which is why it's rarely implemented

Besides there would be a huge difference between a 300 hp cam and a 300 hp chaser

pole drift
15-12-10, 13:05
power restriction couldnt work, but even if you look at Banzi corolla guy, correct me if im wrong but i think his cam is a 1.6 and he's a fuckin demon and beats more powerfull cars

twailbait
15-12-10, 13:32
Power restriction is very difficult to police in any form of motorsport which is why it's rarely implemented

Besides there would be a huge difference between a 300 hp cam and a 300 hp chaser

It would be done on a power to weight ratio.

But that would be completely unenforceable! As they`d need a mobile weigh bay and dyno at every event!!

chrisb
15-12-10, 13:40
great idea, limit to width too would be good too, would even up the field a bit

every little helps in this day and age, entry fee reduction etc is also a good idea

Stevie e39 drift
15-12-10, 17:25
just leave pd the way it is ......!!!

pole drift
15-12-10, 17:26
we'll find out soon enough, championship starts in march.

podge
15-12-10, 17:40
the new rules and regulations may go up soon so people have time to change plans etc etc

foshea
15-12-10, 20:59
Prodrift and drivers do the sport for different reasons, drivers do it for the craic and PD do it as a business to make money. Fair enough, and provides us drivers with well organised events and the best series in Europe! A lot of the events this year the judges wanted crazy entries, Which the crowd love. If a tyre restriction is for front Tyres, it will make the whole thing less spectacular, i think we should be following japan, where the angle is so important. Thats where you need as much grip on the front as possible! The more grip on the front, the crazier a driver can be! If this comes in it might restrict the sport. fully agree with a tyre restriction for the rear tho!

Dunnedriftin
15-12-10, 21:25

Put a seal on the Engine & a seal on the Ecu that the marshalls / a prodrift offical is only able to obtain & it would soon be sorted! Driver be disqualified if there caught cheeting.

I know in formula ford & a few others they used to use a seal of some sort if they suspected you cheating & at the end of the year you are required to open your engine up by a offical & its inspected.

It would be very very expensive tho...! Martin tracey would know alot more of this than i would he does it for the punto engines iirc!

I think putting a gap on the width of the tires would be an option but dont want to regelate it to much or it will be like the punto abart racing series every car the same:cool:

MikeFitz
16-12-10, 01:31
Was only talking with the lads about this tonight.......i think it will make things a little fairer, but Rs-R's are out of the question too.........should sort the men from the Mike Fitz's :P

Excuse me? What exactly is that supposed to mean, or is there a joke im missing?
Darren is right on this one, should it come in it will mean closer battles basically, not allowing one car to have a clear advantage over another one due to much more grip.

Chuck_g
16-12-10, 01:38
Excuse me? What exactly is that supposed to mean, or is there a joke im missing?

Just a Joke lad.........changed to the truth ;)

Martin ffrench
16-12-10, 08:57
1: The current rules are the tyres hve to be e-marked (road legal in europe).
2: So there is already a limit to make it fair on the front at least.
3: As for the back i dont agree with it from one point of view because we all want to be better or faster. But it it is def a good idea as in it will make it a more even playing field.
4: That in turn will make it more affordable for a guy/gal on a less of a budget to be able to compete against the people with money.
5: But that just means that the money will be transfered to something else ie: better suspension for more grip or bigger width tyres, or better prepped cars for weight etc so to be honest you will never completely be able to stop people having an advantage.

To sum this up i dont really mind what happens and whatever does people will find ways around it.

Martin Ffrrench

Stonie
16-12-10, 09:11
Exactly, people will build more grippy cars!:D

chrisbrady325
16-12-10, 09:23
GRIP FTW!!

By the way i dont think restricting tyre widths is a good idea especially for the men running smaller wheels..

chrisb
16-12-10, 11:19
GRIP FTW!!

By the way i dont think restricting tyre widths is a good idea especially for the men running smaller wheels..

;) lol .........

damien mulvey
16-12-10, 11:57
well lad i seen it the las day in mondello in the wet damien mulvey runing r888s on the rear in the wet abso leaving lads for dirt off the line,, like he didnt do anytng wrong nothn to stop him.. tyre treadwear might stop some of this aldo there are ways aroubt treadwear on the rear for grip

This is true so i would agree with this new rule to make the battles closer to try and get more people to events....the other side of this is we will now have to find more mechanical grip to pull away

yowdy
16-12-10, 13:14
exactly as you say car suspension mods on the rear will come more into play to get grip,,

Damo
16-12-10, 23:04
Is there anything in new restrictions that says Tyre Sponsored drivers will actually have to run the Brand of tyre they are being sponsored by :-)

saff 24v
17-12-10, 00:04
just curious on this as im not a competitive drifter but iv heard about pro drivers using grippy tyres on the rear this is for more grip and traction when ya have the power to get out of the corner quicker yes??? so if theres a restriction on the rear tyres it makes it more interesting yes?? ie, equal power equal tyres comes down to the driver and not as much on the car and wat its running.. along with the driver of course.

dR Dan
17-12-10, 00:14
Yawn! If ifs and buts wer candy and nuts :D

All pointless convo until the rules are defo me thinks!

BilllyT3B
26-12-10, 18:55
As the guys have said,anything that gets the battles closer is a good idea in my eyes :)

conorosr20
29-12-10, 21:36
Ah sher run whatever ya want,sher most of the 'sponsored' cars ive seen at the events dont seem to run the tyre thats advertised on the car itself.....

ae86-connell
30-12-10, 00:02
wanlis ftw lol

meego1
30-12-10, 12:11
wil make battles closer alrite but may result in alot of reruns which wil bore a crowd that doesnt understand:mad:

conorosr20
30-12-10, 13:21
drifting is done and dusted in ireland,the countrys fucked,who in their right mind will pay the money prodrift charge to watch an 'event', maybe if they put on a show like the jdm all stars or something it might draw more of a crowd....

meego1
30-12-10, 13:27
drifting is done and dusted in ireland,the countrys fucked,who in their right mind will pay the money prodrift charge to watch an 'event', maybe if they put on a show like the jdm all stars or something it might draw more of a crowd....

far from done and dusted lad,but how many entries come first round next year will tell alot...:)

chrisbrady325
30-12-10, 13:32

who knows what 2011 will bring, only Prodrift can make that happen yeah a bit of a display show or somethiung is all good but Ireland just aint as big as the uk, isnt as wealthy as the uk.. the loyal drifting fans will still come to every event to follow their drivers no matter what kind of show is being put on.. I'm Just glad to have these events to go to for such a small country the talent and display drivers put on at each event i think is enough, it's only my first year with them and it wont be my last, I think its brilliant the atmosphere at each event! Roll on 2011 :D

jamie180sx
30-12-10, 14:08
who knows what 2011 will bring, only Prodrift can make that happen yeah a bit of a display show or somethiung is all good but Ireland just aint as big as the uk, isnt as wealthy as the uk.. the loyal drifting fans will still come to every event to follow their drivers no matter what kind of show is being put on.. I'm Just glad to have these events to go to for such a small country the talent and display drivers put on at each event i think is enough, it's only my first year with them and it wont be my last, I think its brilliant the atmosphere at each event! Roll on 2011 :D

have to agree,its the best competition in ireland by far,and maybe europe,cant see it fucked just yet,gonna be mega competitive in each class and the battles will be unreal,,,alot of new cars,and some very improved cars.both with more power and suspension being hugely devoloped,cant wait:D

just one thing
PD release dates for this year please:D

Robbie Daly Ps13
30-12-10, 14:45

Lad thats a fucking retharded statement.....! There is still so much interest in drifting in this country....! All you have to look at is punchestown last year....! About 100 entries in cars alone if not more....! And that was when the country was fucked too....! True entusiasts will always find a way to drift and there will be just as many drifting this year....!

As for the entry fee 20 euro for a good days entertainment isn't bad in my eyes...! Ya'd pay that for a couple of drinks in a nightclub....! Look at the money the fai are charging to see Ireland games for 90 mins and then your moaning about 20 quid for a full days entertainment....!

As for date jamie i would't even say they know themselves yet as tracks are limited but im sure they'l do there best as they always do...! Prodrift always put on a good show with savage drivers....! Probally the bet in europe infact but all people ever seem to do is moan about it....!

S14a johno
30-12-10, 15:08
Yawn! If ifs and buts wer candy and nuts :D

All pointless convo until the rules are defo me thinks!

agree with dan the man :p:D:D

if and buts sure nobodys knows noting wait and see what the rule are :rolleyes:
i could win the lotto but that if´s and but´s :p:p:D

also agree with robbie, the drifting just being, sure i ve been to 3 events last year
and the city west was the best ive been to in years, it getn better
i tink from someone to say it going down hill your in the wrong country mate

abceire
31-12-10, 02:29
i know its good that the lesser tires would make it cheaper to run the cars, but would it also mean slower speeds as there less grip?

Paddy drifter
31-12-10, 03:17
agree with dan the man :p:D:D

if and buts sure nobodys knows noting wait and see what the rule are :rolleyes:
i could win the lotto but that if´s and but´s :p:p:D

also agree with robbie, the drifting just being, sure i ve been to 3 events last year
and the city west was the best ive been to in years, it getn better
i tink from someone to say it going down hill your in the wrong country mate

your right there :D

chrisbrady325
31-12-10, 09:22
i know its good that the lesser tires would make it cheaper to run the cars, but would it also mean slower speeds as there less grip?

not really... with less grip it will sort the men from the boys... Balls out FTW :)

pole drift
31-12-10, 09:27
If this goes ahead will it rule out Federal SS595's???

bart
31-12-10, 09:52
If this goes ahead will it rule out Federal SS595's???

no lad.....................

robbieb
01-01-11, 11:36
not really... with less grip it will sort the men from the boys... Balls out FTW :)

well said will mean 4 some tighter battles:D

chrisbrady325
01-01-11, 13:03
well said will mean 4 some tighter battles:D

cant wait for some twining with the 2 new machines ina few months, nice new shiney paint to be exchanged.. Yup Ya

darren C
01-01-11, 15:53
first practice in mondello shud be interestin if dis goes ahead :)

stack-180sx
13-01-11, 00:38
im all for tyre restrictions on the back but you need a bit of grip on the front plus i gave €300 for 2 silverstones and only did one event with them :mad:

dR Dan
13-01-11, 00:53
I dont no why people are still going on about/giving out about it when no announcement has been made....

Pointless speculating until ye here fact!

richy
13-01-11, 02:18
If there was no pointless speculation the internet would be an empty place Dan!

grimix180
13-01-11, 19:13
I dont no why people are still going on about/giving out about it when no announcement has been made....

well were all bound to speculate as there rumours flyin round everywere and the only way to stop the speculating is for the announcement to be made and if u dont like it get onto them to make this announcdent (as u work with them ) and that would bring an end to all of it

jamie180sx
13-01-11, 19:15
good man grimix

Famous jh
13-01-11, 20:13

Like Grimix said you work with em so tell em get their arses in gear and do some talking!! Same bull shit every year once the last round finishes PD just go silent til a few wks before the start of the new championship... Sort it out and look after the people who keep ye in business - The Competitors!

dR Dan
14-01-11, 13:55
Lols..... Cranky bunch.....

grimix180
14-01-11, 14:09

says the incredible sulk,king whinge himself

Prodrifter86
14-01-11, 14:23
actually white we're on the subject. why is all the PD crew gone Quite?? there roumour going around about no Sponsorship for next year? and all this stuff . whats going on> why no dates? why no info? is it gone? all these questions need to be answered :)

pole drift
14-01-11, 14:29
if you ring the number on the website the line goes dead

PeterT
14-01-11, 14:36
they were testing the new tyre restrictions on all of there road cars and have since all crashed and blown up, i hear thats fact.:D

pole drift
14-01-11, 14:47
Their very lazy with updates on the website, they dont have any info on previous years and who finished where in the previous championships

Famous jh
14-01-11, 19:40

Thats a great attitude from some who works with Prodrift isnt it?! :D

Seriously Dan, tell em get the finger out its not fair to leave everyone in the dark...

dR Dan
14-01-11, 21:19
says the incredible sulk,king whinge himself

Awesome!!!

dR Dan
14-01-11, 21:20
Thats a great attitude from some who works with Prodrift isnt it?! :D

Seriously Dan, tell em get the finger out its not fair to leave everyone in the dark...

It is... I dont work with Pro Drift no more, il b drivin this year so not workin...

bart
14-01-11, 23:38
pd dates are out............

damo86
14-01-11, 23:43
where bart

Mick K
14-01-11, 23:48
Their not out yet!

Newsome
15-01-11, 18:50
Are they out or not? Ha. Missus is hounding me to book a holiday but need dates first.:D

Mick K
15-01-11, 19:04
Not out Derek

calicagesracing
17-02-11, 11:14
Any news on tyre restrictions?

I was reading the 2011 bdc rules and regs and there's no mention of restrictions. Are Prodrift following the same line?

We need to order tyres for 11 season so sooner the better we know one way or the other!

tom180sx
19-02-11, 21:04
no tyre resistricions on da front but there is on rear.

robbieb
19-02-11, 23:25
sweet r888's can stay then

calicagesracing
22-02-11, 22:40
no tyre resistricions on da front but there is on rear.

Where's that info coming from?

stack-180sx
22-02-11, 23:37
Where's that info coming from?

that info came from prodrift you cant go below 201 treadware on the back and what ever you want on the front :D

pole drift
22-02-11, 23:39
that info came from prodrift you cant go below 201 treadware on the back and what ever you want on the front :D

it that on the prodrift site

chrisb
23-02-11, 08:19
sweet r888's can stay then

lol you need to buy a set first

conorosr20
23-02-11, 16:30
It is... I dont work with Pro Drift no more, il b drivin this year so not workin...

Oh great........More favouriteism from the judges...... :P

dR Dan
23-02-11, 16:51
Oh great........More favouriteism from the judges...... :P

Twill be hard to score a fella in the wall.

twailbait
23-02-11, 17:05
Twill be hard to score a fella in the wall.

I'm on fire!

Your not on fire Ricky Bobby.

Im on fire!!Save me baby Jesus, Save me Tom cruise!

Mick K
23-02-11, 17:24
Stop drop and roll Dan Heg :D

dR Dan
23-02-11, 17:31
Shake and bake baby!

jamie180sx
03-03-11, 10:37
any word yet,,want to order tyres in bulk and cant untill the rule is finalised or not, and i sure im not the only one,,and its getting close now and no log days or tyre rule out yet,,,can someone from PD staff let us know bout the tyres

foshea
04-03-11, 02:17
All in good time, we all have a fair idea restriction on rears and fronts ok, this will make everything more even, still able for crazy entries and as much angle as possible, and noone with serious grippy Tyres on rear to pull away, delighted to hear this, makes it easier for non sponsored drivers to compete

S13..KEV
04-03-11, 08:36
All in good time, we all have a fair idea restriction on rears and fronts ok, this will make everything more even, still able for crazy entries and as much angle as possible, and noone with serious grippy Tyres on rear to pull away, delighted to hear this, makes it easier for non sponsored drivers to compete

Agree 100% with you on this dude.even up the pack

Jay Rockett
04-03-11, 20:37

X2! Nail on the head! Much more entertaining for the crowd too if we're pulling more angle and silly entries!

Robbie Daly Ps13
04-03-11, 20:39
Much more likely to wrap the wall if ya have know grip to pull away....! lol....! Yes shall be very entertaing to say the least...! Looking forward to it..... :D