PDA

View Full Version : S15 Back end!!

Gtr lad
12-12-10, 18:57
Car was out today fr the 1st time since it was bought , , Feels a little bit giddy on back , espically when off and on throttle , Ohlins Coilovers but the rest of the suspension is standard and a kazz 2 way , Jacked it up and no bushings etc gone , , Is there anything that could be bought to stable it up ??

Steve_S15
12-12-10, 19:03
Coilovers all round? how is it giddy? anything with a 2way will be giddy anyway when throtlle is applied

Gtr lad
12-12-10, 19:17
Coilovers all round? how is it giddy? anything with a 2way will be giddy anyway when throtlle is applied

Coilovers all round , , not giddy as in spinning the wheels , On power it seems to pull to one side and when you let off the throttle it seems to jerk back to the other side , more noticable at highspeeds!!

nicky h
12-12-10, 19:17
id check the tracking , wat kinda tyres ya got on her ???

Gtr lad
12-12-10, 19:22
id check the tracking , wat kinda tyres ya got on her ???

Tires are 225 / 40 / 18 , , will try the tracking!! Would drift arms etc help it?? Are the 14 drift bits the same as the 15 ??

Administrator
12-12-10, 19:29
What the hell does giddy mean?! What's actually wrong?!

Steve_S15
12-12-10, 19:32
check the thread depths on both tyres on both sides on the back different thread depths will make the car pull to one side, arms will help but without them wouldnt be that bad

s15_spec_r
12-12-10, 19:39
sounds tracking related, when i fitted my cambers arms to my old 15 the back of it was all over the gaff till they get set up equally, if one side is lower than the other it could cause a slight problem,

Gtr lad
12-12-10, 19:40
What the hell does giddy mean?! What's actually wrong?!

Giddy as in weavy , ,

When on throttle at about 80mph car seems to be pulling to the left , when you let off the throttle it just seems to vere to the right!! This also can be noticed changing from 4th to 5th!! At highspeed only!

Greg
12-12-10, 19:49
Tyre pressures are off, or you've a fucked diff. :)

ian g sr20
12-12-10, 19:59
check that the subframe bushings are in ok condition , check arm bushing etc

bnollie
12-12-10, 20:00
As said its probably the tracking mine was like that a few weeks back.
Got it tracked now its perfect

AKelly
12-12-10, 20:15
sorry for hijacking your thread, but I also have an S15 with similar problems, when accelerating the car pulls to the right, once you let off pedal it pulls to the left, I have coil overs, camber arms and tow arms, standard diff and had car tracked, might look into changing subframe bushings is there anything else it could be? Thanks

ian g sr20
12-12-10, 20:16
sorry for hijacking your thread, but I also have an S15 with similar problems, when accelerating the car pulls to the right, once you let off pedal it pulls to the left, I have coil overs, camber arms and tow arms, standard diff and had car tracked, might look into changing subframe bushings is there anything else it could be? Thanks

i take it ye both have the same size tyre and profile on the rear tyres ya?

Gtr lad
12-12-10, 20:25

Can assure ya the diff's not fucked haha , ,

Steve_S15
12-12-10, 20:27
what shape are your tyres in? same size on both sides?

AKelly
12-12-10, 20:55
i take it ye both have the same size tyre and profile on the rear tyres ya?

Ya same size and profile, 235/40/18 loads of thread on both. was thinking myself of getting it tracked somewhere else, thanks

Gtr lad
18-12-10, 12:28

diff is almost new lads tracked her up myself with two lazers just waiting for weather to improve to try it was a bit out algight

juice
18-12-10, 21:38
Had the exact same thing before with my 180, was the tyre pressures

darren C
18-12-10, 21:48
subframe locking collars wudnt be a bad buy for it and they are cheap too..

sidewayssr20
19-12-10, 01:19
had something simular with a twin cam a set of pollybushns sorted it when under accelleration but i always found that anything with a good tight diff when you would leave off the trottle the rear end would give a slight swap and i mean slight!!!

pigeon316
19-12-10, 20:54
had the very same problem at high speeds the back of the car would nearly kick out when ya let off the trottle i just got new tyres and it sorted it straight away.....

ciaran r
20-12-10, 04:10
hardly one of the tires aint on the rite way,like the rotation is off,and if its wavy maybe the anti roll bar has being taking out,like alot of people pull em out for the nct if the bushions are gone in them,so they pass the nct,and another thing,are the coilovers fully adjustable,meybe one is harder than the other,and another thing that mite help,when its getting tracked,bring it to some one who knows what there at,and they can set up the toe perfect,would help alot