PDA

View Full Version : wide rear arches on my s13

grange
04-12-10, 10:06
Was thinkn of flushing them in is it a difficult task? Anyone any tips or advice

jdmjimmy
04-12-10, 11:09
Heres a tip DONT DO IT!!

bart
04-12-10, 12:16
Heres a tip DONT DO IT!!

yea same as jimmy says..
you will have crack problems in a few months..
seen this happening few mates cars

mcdae86
04-12-10, 17:35
defo not!! leave the flushin for the toilet!! :)

grange
04-12-10, 18:35
Dats alli needed to know haha cheers boys

k1984w
08-12-10, 23:49
They only crack if there not done right I've moulded a good few now and no cracks at all most lads put a shit load of filler and don't bond them right that's why they crack. If you bond arch wit fiber glass To the body of the car and then grind a mm or two off the edges of the arches and use p40 fiberglas to mould it then just a really light skim of filler to get any low spots. Gaurentee won't crack if you do it like that. Takes alot of time to do it right but looks really well if it's done right if u look through my threads should be a few pics there

joey banana s14
08-12-10, 23:54
They only crack if there not done right I've moulded a good few now and no cracks at all most lads put a shit load of filler and don't bond them right that's why they crack. If you bond arch wit fiber glass To the body of the car and then grind a mm or two off the edges of the arches and use p40 fiberglas to mould it then just a really light skim of filler to get any low spots. Gaurentee won't crack if you do it like that

nail on the head here will be perfect when you gat a panelbeater to do it not a plasterer this is how it should be done ive done hundreds jobs like this and never had problems they crack when the arch moves flexes etc and filler sinks filler should be kept to a minimum bond the arch grind the edge away p40 + filler be 100%:cool:

serious tom
09-12-10, 12:14
filler is to fill.. not to bond. If its done by the right person then you'll have nothing to complain about. Simples.

NISMOylan
19-12-10, 14:12
Like the lads said,only do it if its going to be done properly, If its a drift car, id avoid it simply for repairs!