PDA

View Full Version : EGR Removal Help

si_berry
29-11-10, 14:35
The EGR sits just above the exhaust manifold on the SR. Whats the crack with this, can it be removed and pipes blocked up?

From what i'm reading the EGR throws hot exhaust gases back into the intake for emissions purposes etc..

Is it worth putting this back on, I just put a new manifold and had to remove it.

Cheers

way2fastforu
29-11-10, 14:53
remove it an jus block up the pipes its only needed in japan for nox emissions

si_berry
29-11-10, 15:07
remove it an jus block up the pipes its only needed in japan for nox emissions

Cheers, there seems to an oil catch/ or breather (No idea what it does) just at the back towards the fire wall (its a black sorta box), will I put this back on?

chrisb
29-11-10, 15:58
what model of sr is it?

this will determine if you need it back on again

vvt or non vvt basically?

si_berry
29-11-10, 16:08
what model of sr is it?

this will determine if you need it back on again

vvt or non vvt basically?

Its a non vvt Chris. Whats this called, I don't know the name of it, so can't ask Google

way2fastforu
29-11-10, 16:34
ya you need that black box at the back of the head so stick it back on its the factory oil catch can for the crankcase...has nothin to do wit the egr

si_berry
29-11-10, 16:44
ya you need that black box at the back of the head so stick it back on its the factory oil catch can for the crankcase...has nothin to do wit the egr

Sound lads, will do

chrisb
29-11-10, 17:02
yea thats your catch can from the block. easiest thing is to put it back on, you can do away with it and run an aftermarket can but it takes alot of effort to do it properly.

you can just run a pipe threw the T then to a catch can then to intake but this lends itself to your can filling with oil.