PDA

View Full Version : Xenons for skyline?Problems?

MrSkyline
20-11-10, 14:12
What are the best Xenons to get and which make,
Heard something off a fella who does xenons in my mates cars if you get the wrong set there have been problems with ecus if a bulb blows. My mate one the wipers kept comming on and had to buy a new ecu however that was a passat but can afford to go buy a new HKS FCONIS and map again if something goes wrong.
Anyone know more or have a set in.

R33 Gtst 98

ian g sr20
20-11-10, 20:14
What are the best Xenons to get and which make,
Heard something off a fella who does xenons in my mates cars if you get the wrong set there have been problems with ecus if a bulb blows. My mate one the wipers kept comming on and had to buy a new ecu however that was a passat but can afford to go buy a new HKS FCONIS and map again if something goes wrong.
Anyone know more or have a set in.

R33 Gtst 98

wats a bulb bolwing got to do with wipers comming on and blowing ecu's that fella is talking out his hole 2 u do fit alot of these and never once did i hear anything like that

Romo
20-11-10, 20:16
x2 what Ian said.... Just dont get a cheap ebay set an you'll be grand

benhachi
20-11-10, 20:31
xnenons use a huge voltage so if one blows it could cause a spike and in turn blow the ecu! but the chances are low on something like a skyline!
passats use can bus wiring n all that shiz so chances are much higher!

ian g sr20
20-11-10, 21:13
xnenons use a huge voltage so if one blows it could cause a spike and in turn blow the ecu! but the chances are low on something like a skyline!
passats use can bus wiring n all that shiz so chances are much higher!

u can also buy the ones that work on the can bus line like said above buy a good set and u be fine no ebay crap, iv them fiited 2 a 07 golf that also run can bus had the buld blow on me and never had a bother with blowing ecu's r the wipers etc