PDA

View Full Version : Can i reinforce my sideskirts

MrSkyline
14-11-10, 19:01
Just bought brand new side skirts, they seem fairly thin as the way i drive wont last too long is there anyway i can make them a bit stronger before i put them on?

way2fastforu
14-11-10, 19:08
you could add another layer or two of fiberglass to the back of them

Quealy
14-11-10, 19:11
Dont think anything you do will save them from proper hits, Youd hear of lads putting expanding foam behind them... Ya could make a fibreglass mould of them, and just mould new ones when ya break them!

NIALL JZX
14-11-10, 19:20
id jus leave em , not worth the hassle, if u pile on fibreglass resin an sheets it will make it thicker an everything alright , but when ya do break it its jus way more hassle when fixin it , if its thin as normal like there way easier fix...

expandin foam is a waste of time , if you hit something its still gonna crack like, then ya have to go an try an pull all the foam shit out..
all its gonna do is add weight , an ya dont want that either;)

if your handy with fibreglass fix em yourself an get them sprayed, otherwise ya could watch out for a cheap spare pair, in case ya do break anything..

Alan B.
14-11-10, 22:46
you could lay a couple of strips of carbon fiber inside to strengthen them but at the end of the day, if they take a bad knock, the fiberglass will still get wrecked even if they dont break apart.

jamie180sx
14-11-10, 22:51
carbon kevelar;)
contact brian at drift kits

dR Dan
14-11-10, 23:20
Simple realli.... Just reinforce corners... Lik where it wraps around wheel arch... Thats wher the cracks will easily happen... Just throw a layer or 2 of fibreglass behind it and it'l help... Could stil crack but wil defo help things...