PDA

View Full Version : Mondello Drift Practise 5th December

Dunnedriftin
09-11-10, 22:27
Whos heading out the next drift practise in mondello? 5th December :cool:

Prob be icey if we have a bad winter going on last year...

joey banana s14
09-11-10, 22:28
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees was hoping another would come up im in

Dunnedriftin
09-11-10, 22:28
Im on the fence! Going to see how the car go's on the 28th before i decide! :cool:

Bobbys14
09-11-10, 22:29
Whos heading out the next drift practise in mondello? 5th December :cool:

Prob be icey if we have a bad winter going on last year...

Me hopefully if the funds are good haven't been there yet so mad to get going..

Dunnedriftin
09-11-10, 22:31
Me hopefully if the funds are good haven't been there yet so mad to get going..

Its a savage track, was only my 2nd time out and i loved every min of it on track! Hope i can make it once i dont brake the car any more :o

skinnynphats200
09-11-10, 22:32
Me maybe, if I don't do any damage on the 28th

Dunnedriftin
09-11-10, 22:34
Me maybe, if I don't do any damage on the 28th

Im the same... known my luck il break something else!

skinnynphats200
09-11-10, 22:37
Im the same... known my luck il break something else!

My last day down there the turbo was blown,no boost at all, car was barely moving......so I decided to take her out anyway coz I was not going home without making some sort of attempt to go sideways!
What do ya know I went out and the exhaust snapped ha :D
Couldn't make that shit up

MartyMoore
09-11-10, 22:37
i will more then likely head down covering it for the site

If anyone wants pics let me know so i can make sure i get a few of you:D

yowdy
09-11-10, 22:40
dont tnk my clutch will be ready in time for this:mad:

skinnynphats200
09-11-10, 22:40

Yeah.....the blue rx in my sig there, and the white 200 with black bonnet and boot

Edit: site said this post didn't work, di sucks

skinnynphats200
09-11-10, 22:42

Hell yeah....the white 200 with black bonnet & boot and the rx7 in my sig there :D Sound

joey banana s14
09-11-10, 22:43
dont tnk my clutch will be ready in time for this:mad:

but but but ....twinning:(:(:(:(

yowdy
09-11-10, 23:04
i no dude:mad:

skinnynphats200
09-11-10, 23:08
Does anybody want to teach me how to twin?????? :)

S14a johno
09-11-10, 23:11

28th :D:D:D:p:p

just rember to be on the brake if ya tink either one gona spin ;)

skinnynphats200
09-11-10, 23:12
28th :D:D:D:p:p

just rember to be on the brake if ya tink either one gona spin ;)

Sweet......fookin excited now :D
There 1 of my mates there will be looking for tips as well, he only been out on track once and it wasnt very eventful to say the least

Dunnedriftin
09-11-10, 23:12

Flat to the floor keep going hard :p

Dont be even thinkin about them spinning or crashin into the them... :o

skinnynphats200
09-11-10, 23:19
Flat to the floor keep going hard :p

Dont be even thinkin about them spinning or crashin into the them... :o

I will be trying this in the 200 rather than the rex I thinks :D

SUPER 180
09-11-10, 23:39
im 100% there!!

joey banana s14
09-11-10, 23:41
im 100% there!!

nice bin a while since i was on track with ya how about a bita door on door action:cool:

SUPER 180
09-11-10, 23:48
nice bin a while since i was on track with ya how about a bita door on door action:cool:

haha now tats wat im talkin about..

just how ya dont mind losin some paint ;)

mms motorsport
10-11-10, 00:51
will mondello be running the small track from now on????far rather had the track the way it was this time last year,

maher180sx
10-11-10, 00:57
Im game on there lads wooooooohoooooooo:D:D

Derk
10-11-10, 02:30
Do they allow banger drifters in??

LORD-OF-WAFFLES
10-11-10, 17:28
would love to do this but my engine is fucked from the last day.

Stevo
10-11-10, 17:32

Id say so, sure the skyline with next to no windows and every panel bent!

Derk
10-11-10, 17:56
Id say so, sure the skyline with next to no windows and every panel bent!

Oh aye... I may consider doin this so :)

dbyrneae86
10-11-10, 18:06
Mondello Park drift practice split into two divisions for the first time, with licensed drifters and non-licensed drifters running in separate sessions. These new arranegements are aimed at making drift practice safer and more accessible for all.

Just saw this on mondellos facebook page , do they mean licence as in drift competition licence or road licence and people without a road licence:confused:

skinnynphats200
10-11-10, 18:13
Mondello Park drift practice split into two divisions for the first time, with licensed drifters and non-licensed drifters running in separate sessions. These new arranegements are aimed at making drift practice safer and more accessible for all.

Just saw this on mondellos facebook page , do they mean licence as in drift competition licence or road licence and people without a road licence:confused:

I would say drift competition licence and non drift competition licence by the sounds of it.....pretty shit to be honest but in other ways good for more experienced drivers getting more value for money

s15_spec_r
10-11-10, 19:35
jesus if thats the case its a good idea. will give the begginers more confidence,

skinnynphats200
10-11-10, 19:44
jesus if thats the case its a good idea. will give the begginers more confidence,

Me included......
But if ya think about it what if your an experienced driver but just don't have a competition licence...then you will lose out and get put with the beginners

dbyrneae86
10-11-10, 20:10
Id say it will be a good enough idea , but if numbers are low how will they run it .. open pit or what cause last two times open pit was great for the drivers getting loads of seat time

joey banana s14
10-11-10, 20:12
haha now tats wat im talkin about..

just how ya dont mind losin some paint ;)

loosing paint....lad i dont mind loosing panels let alone paint im a panelbeater:D im not gointa promise ya good twin drifting dont get me wrong but ill give it a good go:D

s15_spec_r
10-11-10, 20:32
loosing paint....lad i dont mind loosing panels let alone paint im a panelbeater:D im not gointa promise ya good twin drifting dont get me wrong but ill give it a good go:D

in other words........................ get door bars fitted ASAP :D

joey banana s14
10-11-10, 20:43
in other words........................ get door bars fitted ASAP :D

hahahaha oh them at least and a good sturdy seat

Dunnedriftin
10-11-10, 20:49
Its a good idea but they should seperate the bangers ( no offence to anyone who has a tramper but some people out there last day just didnt give a fuck at all!!) from the decent cars! Wez & the lads will agree with me here,

dbyrneae86
10-11-10, 20:53
Its a good idea but they should seperate the bangers ( no offence to anyone who has a tramper but some people out there last day just didnt give a fuck at all!!) from the decent cars! Wez & the lads will agree with me here,

x2 definatly ......

SUPER 180
10-11-10, 21:32

ok il stay behind you so man... :D

na only jokin dude my car is pretty bashed up at this stage..
another few bangs wouldn do any harm..

ur a sprayer aswell arnt ya?? i might giv ya a shout at some stage for a respray..

SUPER 180
14-11-10, 12:38

will you be sellin/changein tyres there derk??

Derk
14-11-10, 12:50
will you be sellin/changein tyres there derk??

If i'm goin i'll have the van with me yeah... I'll know for definite durin the week

jdmjimmy
14-11-10, 13:01
If i'm goin i'll have the van with me yeah... I'll know for definite durin the week

derk u need to be there last day der was bedlam without ya lol

would love to have the s15 ready for a shakedown..

willie 180sx
14-11-10, 19:51
how much is ths guys? thinkin of giving it a go for the 1st time,i've been thinkin about this for a long time and i just have the car ready and all the small bits done. would be running my good road car? good or bad idea? just cum to the conclusion that this is what my car is made for and im fed up of mindin it and just using it as a weekend car.suggestins would be aperciated!

joey banana s14
14-11-10, 19:54
its 150 for the day id use a road car end of the day its upto you how hard you drive it but trust me even if you start off easy youl be dogging it by the end of the day:D:D

SUPER 180
14-11-10, 19:57
its 150 for the day id use a road car end of the day its upto you how hard you drive it but trust me even if you start off easy youl be dogging it by the end of the day:D:D

ìs it not cheaper now dude??

joey banana s14
14-11-10, 19:59
is it god i hope so was 150 last time i was there july i think ahh deadly more money for sweets on the way home:D:D

SUPER 180
14-11-10, 20:05
yep i fhink its down to 125 now cas of the shorter days...

think it stops at 4 now instead of 5

saff 24v
14-11-10, 20:14
pity it wouldn be cheaper all together it is little crazy tho price of it but suppese like everything else. dont think ill make this 1 didnt get time to fix car but any more info on that license thing is it drift license or road they talking about??

Flat Eric
14-11-10, 20:49
I spoke with Mondello management at the last day about some improvements they can make to the days. They want more people to be there, obviously, and we want it run the best way to suit us.

Splitting the drivers into licensed and un licensed drivers is just one idea. It should allow the pro boys to run fast lines and big entries and also twin drift together.

Twin drifting without a proper cage and door bars is just stupid so I'd imagine only the Licensed drivers WITH their competition spec cars will be allowed to.

I know how intimidating it can be for amateur drivers sharing the track with the fast lads so hopefully this will help attract more people to the sport with their more basic spec cars. Like I said this is just one idea, the set up in Mondello is almost perfect for the experienced driver so I'll be pushing to make it more attractive to beginners and novices.

I'll be out in my E30 since no one wants to buy the bloody thing, hopefully it'll be nice and wet !

bart
14-11-10, 20:59
I spoke with Mondello management at the last day about some improvements they can make to the days. They want more people to be there, obviously, and we want it run the best way to suit us.

Splitting the drivers into licensed and un licensed drivers is just one idea. It should allow the pro boys to run fast lines and big entries and also twin drift together.

Twin drifting without a proper cage and door bars is just stupid so I'd imagine only the Licensed drivers WITH their competition spec cars will be allowed to.

I know how intimidating it can be for amateur drivers sharing the track with the fast lads so hopefully this will help attract more people to the sport with their more basic spec cars. Like I said this is just one idea, the set up in Mondello is almost perfect for the experienced driver so I'll be pushing to make it more attractive to beginners and novices.

I'll be out in my E30 since no one wants to buy the bloody thing, hopefully it'll be nice and wet !

thats a really good idea eric...
fair play for thinking outside the box;)

joey banana s14
14-11-10, 21:01

definitly think this is a good idea as i know myself if a pro is behind me etc i tend to ease off not wanting to spin and hit him/her i think just seperating them into groups is the best and quickest way and twinning with no cage etc ...loonasy on a better note really looking forward to seeing you out there in the beemer

Dunnedriftin
14-11-10, 22:09

Twas a good idea i must say... Much more fair altogether! not the likes of me holding people up, not doing fast enuf entries like them :o :p

Fair play for approaching them!

jdmjimmy
14-11-10, 23:34

I actually tought it was pretty cool gettin to drift along side you last day I was out in the s14 got a couple good runs ....but then you were just too fast lol ..I found it great to drift along side a pro ..even do it was only my 3rd time out ...still waitin of the vids on your blog you might remember my car the s14 with bashed rear quarter and work meisters... was in july the drift day you were testing ur 86..

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/378/33495137468959626749100.jpg (http://img832.imageshack.us/i/33495137468959626749100.jpg/)

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1993/33495137468956293416100.jpg (http://img832.imageshack.us/i/33495137468956293416100.jpg/)

foshea
15-11-10, 10:14
Is this the last day before Xmas? Wouldn't mind one more spin this year! I'll do one this side that's if Derek is going to change Tyres! I havnt done one in a while and the last I heard they were looking for money for trading with a tyre machine, when they should be supporting him, not the other way around! We pay enough entry fees

Derk
15-11-10, 12:40
Is this the last day before Xmas? Wouldn't mind one more spin this year! I'll do one this side that's if Derek is going to change Tyres! I havnt done one in a while and the last I heard they were looking for money for trading with a tyre machine, when they should be supporting him, not the other way around! We pay enough entry fees

Its not only the fact that they were lookin for money off me, its the fact that the last few days
i did there i was lucky to cover my expenses. There just wasnt enough lads lookin for tyres fitted.
Plenty of lads comin over for a shot of air alright but obviously i wouldnt be charging for that.
Alot of lads know people with or have a tyre machine themselves so come with enough tyres on rims to keep them goin for the day,
thats fair enough but as a result i'd maybe fit 8 tyres all day
and that €40 would hardly cover my diesel up and back and a bit of grub.
I'm not complaining, to be honest i'd rather have me Sundays to meself but if there was enough of a demand i wouldnt mind goin up once a month
or whenever they're on..

foshea
15-11-10, 13:18
These wet days don't help either, I think if enough of us say it when we book in they might see reason any understand that you are making our day easier with your facilities and hopefully not charge you

bart
15-11-10, 17:26
These wet days don't help either, I think if enough of us say it when we book in they might see reason any understand that you are making our day easier with your facilities and hopefully not charge you

yea but thats mondello for you lad......
its shit that they want to charge derk..
if anything they should give him money and advertise that they have a lad to change tyres etc......
might get more people booking in.. = MORE MONEY FOR THEM

willie 180sx
15-11-10, 17:34
how much is ths guys? thinkin of giving it a go for the 1st time,i've been thinkin about this for a long time and i just have the car ready and all the small bits done. would be running my good road car? good or bad idea? just cum to the conclusion that this is what my car is made for and im fed up of mindin it and just using it as a weekend car.suggestins would be aperciated!

any more suggestings would help!:D

do mondello take a postal order?

Derk
15-11-10, 20:02

True too.... No harm in mentioning it but to be honest i dont think they'd take any heed..

Dunnedriftin
15-11-10, 21:31
True too.... No harm in mentioning it but to be honest i dont think they'd take any heed..

id say they might if enough people who genuinly wanted you to fit tires actualy asked and requested one.

TIMMY495
15-11-10, 22:00
hmmm tempted to go 2 dis cn its d last time dis year, does ne1 know if it full? :rolleyes:

foshea
15-11-10, 23:14
yea but thats mondello for you lad......
its shit that they want to charge derk..
if anything they should give him money and advertise that they have a lad to change tyres etc......
might get more people booking in.. = MORE MONEY FOR THEM

Exactly my point, it just might make it more appealing to someone starting off and expand the sport

foshea
15-11-10, 23:15
id say they might if enough people who genuinly wanted you to fit tires actualy asked and requested one.

We should all try anyways, nothing to loose by asking, it's in all the drivers interest

Amy G
23-11-10, 12:19
Booked in..... By Dec 5th we will probably be drifting on ice, brrrrr

carpo
23-11-10, 12:55
must try and make this...have a missile i want to bring up and kill it off the wall a few times...:D

s15_spec_r
23-11-10, 16:32
must try and make this...have a missile i want to bring up and kill it off the wall a few times...:D

gizz a branch of that money tree ya bolix

babyeater690
23-11-10, 18:11
rite lads just bought myself a drift car well a project is there anyting i will really need to do this drift practice its a toyota soarer 1jz manual has welded diff compo clutch and front mount intercooler now it needs a power steering pump but carpo said hell sort me out with one of them so any ideas wat i need or any advice thanks

SUPER 180
23-11-10, 19:02
rite lads just bought myself a drift car well a project is there anyting i will really need to do this drift practice its a toyota soarer 1jz manual has welded diff compo clutch and front mount intercooler now it needs a power steering pump but carpo said hell sort me out with one of them so any ideas wat i need or any advice thanks

there you go lad ;)

http://www.driftireland.com/showthread.php?t=12853&highlight=mondello

soo who is deffo doin this???

1 super 180

babyeater690
23-11-10, 19:25
sorry just one more thing will mondello let me out with a crack in the windscreen i dont think il have the cash to sort it out before hand

SUPER 180
23-11-10, 19:34
sorry just one more thing will mondello let me out with a crack in the windscreen i dont think il have the cash to sort it out before hand

lol ye dude, some cars dont even have windows :D

babyeater690
23-11-10, 19:36
dats grand den im in jus get the hydrolic handbreak in and steering pump and im away

marksr20
23-11-10, 19:37
Booked this today cant wait to get out again:D

SUPER 180
23-11-10, 19:46
Booked this today cant wait to get out again:D

how much was it ?? im bokin in tomoro

did they say there was many booked in??

nick180sx
24-11-10, 18:07
booked in yesterday,can't wait for this now:D

SUPER 180
24-11-10, 18:15
booked in yesterday,can't wait for this now:D

how much was it???

babyeater690
24-11-10, 18:18
as far as i know its 125 euro

SUPER 180
24-11-10, 18:21
its normally always 150 but i think they might of put put down now alright :confused:

SUPER 180
25-11-10, 19:25
booked today.. 125 euro foe the day, open 9-4

seems like there fook all doin it... open pit ftw!! :D

Carbo
25-11-10, 22:55
Tink i'l be out again.... TAXI!!!

si_berry
29-11-10, 13:39
Spent the weekend getting the car in good shape.. new manifold, elbow, d pipe, exhaust, GTR fuel pump, intercooler, welder...

This weather better blow over soon!!!! I presume it will be cancelled if its still shit?

MartyMoore
29-11-10, 14:08
Spent the weekend getting the car in good shape.. new manifold, elbow, d pipe, exhaust, GTR fuel pump, intercooler, welder...

This weather better blow over soon!!!! I presume it will be cancelled if its still shit?

wednesday is ment to be the last of the cold weather so hopefuly its warms up a bit .
i hope it warms up for the day anyway :D

Steve_S15
29-11-10, 14:59
I'll be out for this can't wait :) they better wet those corners alot for my non turbo hahaha

Amy G
29-11-10, 16:35
Judging by the weather I would think it is going to be canceled :(
Even if the track is ok, it will be impossible for people to get there

si_berry
29-11-10, 16:40
Judging by the weather I would think it is going to be canceled :(
Even if the track is ok, it will be impossible for people to get there

Ah Crap

from the folks at Met Eireann

Headline : The cold spell will continue for the rest of the week and into next weekend too. WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY will remain bitterly cold, with daytime temperatures not rising above freezing across most of the country. Temperatures will plummet soon after sunset, to as low as -7 or - 8 degrees on Wednesday night, with even lower temperatures expected on Thursday night. Widespread severe or even very severe frosts will develop, along with icy conditions on untreated roads and pavements. Some freezing fog too, in near calm conditions. Though most areas will be dry and sunny, further wintry showers will occur, most likely over north Connacht, Ulster and east Leinster, leading to further snow accumulations. FRIDAY will remain very cold and mostly dry for daylight hours with good sunny spells. However cloud will increase later in the day, with wintry showers of rain, hail, sleet and snow pushing into western counties later. Maximum temperatures just -2 to 4 degrees. NEXT WEEKEND : Still extremely cold, with severe night frosts and the likelihood of further snowfall. Risk of freezing fog also.

mikes131jz
29-11-10, 19:10
hopefully should see ye all up there!!

Amy G
30-11-10, 13:46
Mondello charged the money today, so they must be planning on it going ahead??!!

Mick K
30-11-10, 14:15
Hungry fookers wont make the call until Saturday morn,Bad business!

bart
30-11-10, 17:12
hopefully should see ye all up there!!

dont break intercooler this time :p

s15_spec_r
01-12-10, 18:32
really cant see it goin ahead, more snow up there tanyt, and temps not meant to rise above freezin until next thursday,

Mick K
01-12-10, 18:38
About 1 ft of snow here atm!

SUPER 180
01-12-10, 18:48
na fck that im not doin this now any ways
it way to cold to be goin off and gettin tyres and shit ready...

Derk
01-12-10, 20:04
I reckon every1 who was planning on doin Mondello or Goldstones this Sunday may forget about it and we'll all meet up somewhere and go on the beer for the day instead :D

foshea
01-12-10, 20:19
Sounds like the only option! The weather is too shit to even get there! Nevermind having to look for a shell after...

SUPER 180
02-12-10, 16:27
ok lads was just onto mondello their and this is now cancelled untill the 18th

nick180sx
08-12-10, 21:06
changed again to the 19th,hopefully this cold shitty weathers gone by then

SUPER 180
08-12-10, 21:26
are ya for real??? :rolleyes:

nick180sx
08-12-10, 21:43
could be xmas day by the way this is goin

git
08-12-10, 22:17
boys just aim for the new year sit back relax ,hit the guiness and relax :)

SUPER 180
11-12-10, 22:13
boys just aim for the new year sit back relax ,hit the guiness and relax :)

O the guiness will be hit... but so wil the mono :D

si_berry
17-12-10, 10:31
Just onto Mondello, I was told they just made the call to cancel this till January :( They said follow them on facebook for updates.

I really really wanted to get out for my first drift before christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!

S13..KEV
17-12-10, 12:21
just onto mondello, i was told they just made the call to cancel this till january :( they said follow them on facebook for updates.

I really really wanted to get out for my first drift before christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!
goldstone is on

benhachi
17-12-10, 13:20
yous would be mad to have gone down anyway it would be BITTER!
hit the beer instead:D

si_berry
17-12-10, 13:45
goldstone is on

Is this a definite? How much is it?

S13..KEV
17-12-10, 13:52
Is this a definite? How much is it?
Ya it is weather depending.it will be 50 euro maybe less

SUPER 180
17-12-10, 15:18
ye modello canceled untill the 23rd of jan :(

si_berry
18-12-10, 18:38
yous would be mad to have gone down anyway it would be BITTER!
hit the beer instead:D

Beer its is!! Happy chrimbo everyone