PDA

View Full Version : JR Performance 2011 e85 sr22/sr24 180sx

jamie180sx
05-11-10, 11:00
rite guys with the 2010 drift over,i didnt exactly have the year i planned(to be fair,nothing goes to plan)
2010 results
round 1,i missed it
round 2,i broke the gearbox,
round 3,prob my best event i finished in top 8,
round 4,driver eror put me out ,
round 5,broke my gearbox
top 10 finish so it wasnt to bad

but a few positive things have come from the year,i have found my gearbox of choice in the 300zx,although the syncro mesh gave up,the gear held up,even at 2.8 bar boost at fermoy:D,i fitted new coilovers and with the help of wez of wkd imports i have the finally handleing mint,and most of all 3 years now on the sr22 engine,its still 100 percent,and is now ready to futher devolop,so with next year coming you might say its a good bit away,i said i would start early as ive alot of changes for next year,

Extiorer
so enough talk,here is my plans and ill update them with pics and info as i go along,
first thing that will change the extiorer of the car,brian cambell of drift kits(http://www.driftkits.eu/),is in the middle of building a very special kit,as part of his new line of kits to be released soon,this will be tasty i promise you that;)it will also get a paint job(money willing)thanks again brian for jumping on board for 2011,you are a pure legend,

SUSPENSION
next is the suspension,wez at wkd imports(http://www.wkdimports.com/),after alot of changes last year,the car starting handleing like a kart,myself and wez spent alot of time chatting about some new ideas(on facebook 4am) and he has alot more thing up his sleeve he assures me,lads,he has the best machine in the whole country,i highly recommend you get your car set up on this by wez,my car was a pig to drive and now shes mint,can thank you enough wez for your help,

ENGINE
rite my favourite part is the engine,or engines :D,as most of you know i have been running a sr22 for the last few years and using e85.well im gonna strip it and check it out,see what way it is,maybe,new bearings or whatever just to freshen it up,but my big plan is my new engine i have been working on
its a SR24 that we have been devolping with the last while,we have custom CP 91mm pistons made to our spec,we are using a forged 92mm stroker crank,darton liners and and custom made rods,a gtir oil pump,we are in the final stages with this engine,looking forward to seeing what i will do

,we were considering a ve head conversion,but after alot of development with the det head we can see no advantage in using a ve head,our head will consist of a solid lifter head,full cam setup and 9250rev limiter along with a lot of machining.we will be using e85,our aim with this engine is huge huge power and big power band,with little to no lag while using a big top mount turbo,i will keep you posted on all the developments,including our sr25 engine,pics and more info to follow soon

Eddie
05-11-10, 16:13
sr25 :D sound yummy, should be a lovely little wagon whren she is done jamie. gud luck with the plans

jonny b
05-11-10, 16:37
sounds class jamie!!!

joey banana s14
05-11-10, 16:58
sound great, very entertaining driver as it is, looking forward to seein you when these bits are done nice one:D

tweek
05-11-10, 18:38
"we were considering a ve head conversion,but after alot of development with the det head we can see no advantage in using a ve head"

your the first person i have heard say that.at 9250rpm do you think you will get piston slap at that rpm with such big pistons.looking forward to seeing what way the head you are taking off looks like after running on e85 will you post pics??running a car on e85 myself

keith_b
05-11-10, 18:46
Cant leave a good thing alone can ya :D. Cant wait to get a look at this. Any idea of what power your after or will this one ever see the rollin road.

jamie180sx
05-11-10, 19:09
first of all guys im really looking forward to this engine build,as i recon it really is going to be something special,we have found a new love with a 90mm engines and will still continue to further the development of this over a stroker kit and if my new engine is not complete for next year i will be sticking with for next year as i really have not one bad word to say,i still even now think its the ultimate and only way to build a sr20 engine,,,so im looking forward to comparing one to another, with a stroker crank,

thanks for the comments lads,;)

jamie180sx
05-11-10, 19:14
"we were considering a ve head conversion,but after alot of development with the det head we can see no advantage in using a ve head"

your the first person i have heard say that.at 9250rpm do you think you will get piston slap at that rpm with such big pistons.looking forward to seeing what way the head you are taking off looks like after running on e85 will you post pics??running a car on e85 myself

as for the rev limiter,we cannot see an issue,if issues arrise i will cut it down,but it is trial and error,i want to see how far we can push this engine,hopefully will work out,put feel we can push it there,

as for ve head,they are a good way to go,but alot of modifying is needed,and imo is a rich mans conversion(and rich man i am not)mazworx have also designed a new head(de),and they themselves,think the can get the power out of the de head as is,

i will be stripping every part of the engine,and will of coarse post full pics as they come off,im sure you will agree tweek e85 is the way to go:D,i have just mapped my r33 road car to run on it,and believe it or not im getting better fuel consumption ha

jamie180sx
05-11-10, 19:17
Cant leave a good thing alone can ya :D. Cant wait to get a look at this. Any idea of what power your after or will this one ever see the rollin road.

always wanna go further lad haha,always an improvment to be made,im sure 600 at ease is possible with the sutup,but as for rollers i dont know:p id say i will have 2 with this one,but my current one is to sweet,ill leave it as is,dont wanna know horse power

tweek
05-11-10, 19:26
just out of interest what oil pump and set up do ye plan on using?

jamie180sx
05-11-10, 19:28
GTI-R oil pump,

Prodrifter86
05-11-10, 20:10
SR25??????? go on Jamie ya mad hoor!!!!:D

jamie180sx
21-05-11, 00:22
okay havent got a chance to update this so said id better do it now or it will never be done,,ok first of all i stuck with the 90mm sr22 as it has proved itself over the last 3 years really,,doing over 36 events,,i stripped it to check it and all was in good order and was put back together,,i was delighted with that as i have full thrust in her and willing to push it this year,,the sr24 is still in the works but not just ready yet,,

the first issue we ran into with the start of the year is the withdrawl of maxol's e85 bio ethonal,we a goverment levy put on it,they didnt see it possible to continue stocking it, i didnt want to put the car back onto petrol and with sunoco e85 over 3 euro something rediculas,,that was never an option,but we managed to sort this issue and now have no issue with the supply of bio ethonal so that was one less issue to worry about which to be fair was our main concern,

i rebuilt the 300zx gearbox with all new internals,and now is like a knife through butter,,also fitted a nismo slave cylinder a must really when u upgrade to either a 300zx or r33 box,,so hopefully with a total fresh box i shouldnt have an issue,,

after going to round 1,i hadnt drove the car since fermoy of last season and getting the car running at 11 o clock friday and on the rollers at 2 o clock,i set of for ennis totally unprepared,wrong diff ratio as we hadnt time to change it was a disaster and nerves of something going wrong as we were rushing out if were honoust,,we made the top 32 but got knocked out in top 32,,after thinking i could hear a rattle in the engine which turned out to be cracked clutch pedal vibrating i was glad to get the car home safe(except for shortt cracking the bumper lol) and start preparing for round 2,,

jamie180sx
21-05-11, 00:31
ok so with fermoy 7 days away i have plenty to do,and changes to be made

the first change being the turbo charger,, a Greddy T67 25g turbo kit,it one massive turbo to be fair to it,it will be laggy but hopefully not 2 bad and be worth it top end:D ,need to make 4 inch intake for turbo and few small pipes ect but should be worth,,

brian cambell of drift kits came onboard for 2011 and help us by supplying us with some bumpers,side skirts and 50mm arches,the new kit is away at the min being sprayed,and the 50mm arches wont be on for fermoy but will be for punchestown,

ill post pics in the morning of the kit and keep this updated

chrisbrady325
21-05-11, 09:50
good stuff jamie, this is one good reliable car, hope she goes really well for you this year :)

MissSuz
21-05-11, 18:26
Best of Luck for Round Two Jamie Rus :D

Cant wait

Team JR Preformance ftw!!!

serious tom
21-05-11, 19:42
Best of luck Jamie.
Sound lad, I know you have answered many questions for me.
Enjoy 2011!

Awaiting pics :cool:

MikeFitz
21-05-11, 21:28
Great stuff Jamie! Always a man for power! :D

the real magoo
22-05-11, 11:36
good work jamie not afraid to push an engine to the limit thats what i like to see

ya may give me a go of her ;)

Boo s13
22-05-11, 13:30
Interesting read Jamie fair play man hope this year goes well for ye :cool: