PDA

View Full Version : Coolnights

Larryk
23-10-10, 10:48
I know after the disaster that was Heatwave, asking this question on here might get me in trouble :) but just said i would see if anyone on here was heading up to Coolnights?

I have a trade stand in it so i'll be there either way in a business capacity but just wondering if anyone else is taking a chance on venturing up?

They mention there is a drift display up there, i presume after the last outing, DI won't be drifting up there.

Slightly dissapointed that Extreme are charging for a trade stand, because Sleek haven't charged for a trade stand for the past two years for the Limerick show. But still and all, maybe the cost of the venue and insurance is a lot more in Dublin so maybe that has something to do with it.

Sure if anyone if heading up, come over to the Cleancar stand and say hello, My skyline should be up here too all going well :cool:

jdmjimmy
23-10-10, 11:41
wat happend last time that di wont be there?

s13-ste
23-10-10, 11:43
wat happend last time that di wont be there?

there was too small a space available for the drift demo they were asked to do.

mick-skyline
23-10-10, 11:56
there was too small a space available for the drift demo they were asked to do.

And will be the same space ts time round too, if it's anything like last years drifting the cars aren't even lit up, apart from headlight, not much to watch in the dark really for a uv show. I'll be there anyways car is on a stand for inoc, think it'll be the last show it'll be in. Get bored cleaning it now for them.the last 2 I didn't even bother

Prodrifter86
23-10-10, 13:39
RC-Drift Irl will be there aswell. not going myself. but the lads are goin have a sick track. for this demo

Eddie
23-10-10, 19:20
yup should be headin up doin some rc driftin, thb couldnt really give a shite bout the show just want to have a bit a craic with the rc cars:D

Larryk
31-10-10, 16:37
Did anyone head up after? Savage 32 and 34 skylines side by side, couple of nice silvia's, not too bad of a show apart from the mc for the night.

Prodrifter86
31-10-10, 16:39
nope was sick... only 2 or 3 went RC drifting. heard the show was shit... cudnt expect anyting exciting anyway.. still is a car show:rolleyes:

Deco84
31-10-10, 17:08
i was there it was a bit of a laugh some nice motors the strippers were savage in the vip section.
the monster truck action was savage a bit slow though
the drift was ok a bit too small a space as was said julian chambers bounced his car off a path his alloy was lookin a bit fucked after it along with his rear arms id say
all in all it wasnt too bad of a show Transmission girls ftw

PeterT
31-10-10, 17:23
i was there it was a bit of a laugh some nice motors the strippers were savage in the vip section.
the monster truck action was savage a bit slow though
the drift was ok a bit too small a space as was said julian chambers bounced his car off a path his alloy was lookin a bit fucked after it along with his rear arms id say
all in all it wasnt too bad of a show Transmission girls ftw

nothing will beat the time i was there years ago and the whole grass area was complete mayhem in the dark haha

Deco84
31-10-10, 17:29
yeah that was some crack i was doin rings in my mirage with the handbrake up everyone was wreckin it pure mayhem think a few people got knocked down though

Larryk
31-10-10, 18:01
yeah that was some crack i was doin rings in my mirage with the handbrake up everyone was wreckin it pure mayhem think a few people got knocked down though

Tell me this is a joke.......

DeaneMsport_180sx
31-10-10, 18:02
i was up there doing passenger spins in the prodrift academy cars...
the track was pretty shit...way too tight and no speed...
was a good enough laugh though:)

Robbie Daly Ps13
31-10-10, 18:04

You are a fucking muppet and so was any 1 else that was involved in that.....!

Deco84
31-10-10, 18:05
Tell me this is a joke.......

yeah man a few years ago probably 6 or 7 when coolnights was startin off the car park got wrecked after it it was just a big free for all of handbrakers and nose throwers thats why the cars arent parked on the grass anymore

Deco84
31-10-10, 18:07

so your sayin when u were 17 or 18 you never done anytin stupid in a car ..yeah your real sound

Larryk
31-10-10, 18:08
yeah man a few years ago probably 6 or 7 when coolnights was startin off the car park got wrecked after it it was just a big free for all of handbrakers and nose throwers thats why the cars arent parked on the grass anymore

I meant the part where you said you were doing do nuts in a mirage ..........

Deco84
31-10-10, 18:09
I meant the part where you said you were doing do nuts in a mirage ..........

everyone has a first car that they wreck and mine was a mirage lol it got death

ae111
31-10-10, 19:55
everyone has a first car that they wreck and mine was a mirage lol it got death

I think he just means...you cant do donuts in a fwd!!!

mick-skyline
31-10-10, 21:59
I think he just means...you cant do donuts in a fwd!!!

Really?????...... You can in the right conditions ;) if your good enough that is.

As in not in the dry and ya wouldn't keep it going as long as a rwd but you'd do a few, some smaller wheel base cars with decent power and decent pilot could prob do more than a bad driver in a rwd too again in the right conditions...

Deco84
31-10-10, 23:49
Really?????...... You can in the right conditions ;) if your good enough that is.

As in not in the dry and ya wouldn't keep it going as long as a rwd but you'd do a few, some smaller wheel base cars with decent power and decent pilot could prob do more than a bad driver in a rwd too again in the right conditions...

cheers man you know what your talkin about

stevek
01-11-10, 07:44

was that the night it was absolutely soaking wet?? my mate got his cam stuck in the wet grass we'd to push him for ages!! haha

Steo84
01-11-10, 10:19
Again just like every year coolnights was SHITE. Only reason i went was cuz i could get in free. Wasn't worth the €20 in. Drift display was just a few lads diffing in drift spec nissans. Jules bust the kerb and wrecked an alloy, the monster trucks done fuck all, jap vs euro didn't even go ahead (they couldn't get the colt started), A-team van won best oldskool and it was there for promotional purposes, a ford won best euro when ford is an american company, The vip was a complete waste(fuels girls were ok but no strip show or wet t-shirt comp), cars were packed inside way to closely.

As said before the only time coolnights was good was the year the car park was wrecked.

So your saying you never wheelspun or handbraked in a car park EVER.

Jay Rockett
01-11-10, 20:11
So your saying you never wheelspun or handbraked in a car park EVER.

Enough of the child-talk ffs.. This thread is going nowhere, goodbye!