PDA

View Full Version : Wheel modifying advice

Fredericks Balls
20-10-10, 20:03
I bought these wheels recently

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f235/tilo1986/001-6.jpg

And I got tyres at the weekend and went to fit them and I cant. The gold wheel goes on grand, but the purple im having a problem. The wheel sits on the hub but if you look where the studs come though on the purple wheel you will see its essentially a shaft, which is too narrow. I can fit a 19mm wheel nut down the shaft and it sits on the wheel stud but I cant fit a socket down to turn it.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a solution?

gem-s13
20-10-10, 20:06
driftworks internal drive wheel nuts should do the job lad

ste
20-10-10, 20:08
keiran icetronix do internal drive wheel nuts too

ian g sr20
20-10-10, 20:08
get those wheel nut were they hve like a 10 size alan key on the head of them they would do u

Fredericks Balls
20-10-10, 20:25
Ahhhhhh awesome, never knew such technology existed :D Thanks a lot lads

Ok so while your there, i have another minor issue with the gold wheel. Its leaking air, from the rim at one point. no damage to either wheel or tyre. If i put the point on the ground and lean on it it stops. Ive let it go soft, pump it. No difference. Let it go soft again, drive it to see it that helps, pump it and no difference. Do I just break it off the rim and start again?

ian g sr20
20-10-10, 20:52
Ahhhhhh awesome, never knew such technology existed :D Thanks a lot lads

Ok so while your there, i have another minor issue with the gold wheel. Its leaking air, from the rim at one point. no damage to either wheel or tyre. If i put the point on the ground and lean on it it stops. Ive let it go soft, pump it. No difference. Let it go soft again, drive it to see it that helps, pump it and no difference. Do I just break it off the rim and start again?

but a bit of bead sealer on it sounds like the tyre bead is damaged

Jay Rockett
20-10-10, 22:12
Is it leaking from between the tyre bead and the rim of the wheel? Is the valve interfering with the tyre bead inside the rim?

Mick K
20-10-10, 22:30
Bead Sealer on the rim!

And ProParts will have the nuts to save ye coming across!:)

Aidan Hogan
20-10-10, 22:53
I can't help but was it you that got a tire put on the gold wheel on sunday ??
Saw the wheel and its realllllly nice . 18's ??

Fredericks Balls
21-10-10, 06:55
but a bit of bead sealer on it sounds like the tyre bead is damaged

Coola boola ill give that a go! Thanks :)

Is it leaking from between the tyre bead and the rim of the wheel? Is the valve interfering with the tyre bead inside the rim?

Yip, thats where its leaking, but nowhere near the valve so I think it must be the bead

Bead Sealer on the rim!

And ProParts will have the nuts to save ye coming across!:)

:cool: Sweet ill pop in today with the tub of vaseline :D

I can't help but was it you that got a tire put on the gold wheel on sunday ??
Saw the wheel and its realllllly nice . 18's ??

Yea, Derk put some tyres on both. They are nothing fancy but for €100 you cant go wrong! I dont mind odd wheels on the car cos it looks ridiculous already :D I was in the height of it yesterday because I thought I wouldnt be able to get them fitted but now I can. Deadly!

Yea 18x8.5 so not too wide. They have 205's which is what i wanted, and 18's because if i put 17's on the back it will drag on the floor!